• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

y4HgpMU.jpg

Woah.

I'm agreeing with Derrick.

Feels weird.

Anteater

The brightness slider is bizarre in RE6

it's basically dark ---------------> daaaaaaaaaaaaaark

but judging from the brighter areas after I tweaked the brightness to make it not look washed out, the game is supposed to be dark as shit at night

Teggy

Is Titan Souls worth an exception to my not-so-serious ban on games with "Souls" in the title? The fact that it is all bosses and hard is already like 10 strikes against it.

Werd

The Talos Principle was pretty great. Some of mechanics lacked a little polish and the puzzles were more consistently good than really impressively clever, but still lots of fun and the narrative was surprisingly good. I knew the general premise, but didn't expect the computer terminal conversations.
Not sure if I'll jump into the DLC now or give it some time and pick it up even cheaper.

If you got it in the Humble Monthly a while back and haven't tried it yet, should get on that. Or just buy it.

Apt101

A lot of games on my wishlist are discounted during the Lunar New Year Sale, but I'm currently trying to save money because of some big expenses this month. Grr. Westerado, Assassin's Creed Rogue, Galactic Civilizations 3, and Dead Rising 3.

I already know I'm going to break down and buy them all.

kagamin

Neptunia Re;Birth2 and 3 are totally not worth it... I mean what's the point in getting them if the Megadimension rating for PC is a sign for a port.

zkylon

zkylewd

xcom 2 impressions after a few hours:

+ it's still xcom, the tension is still there, the gameplay loop of tactical combat into upgrades and base management into more combat is still there and it's still as awesome as ever
+ most of the new things seem interesting and add small layers of complexity that just make the game feel richer. choosing to use engineers to speed up building rooms or developing tech is just that little bit more depth, and it seems like everything got a little bit of that
+ i like the time limits and the little incentives to move around like loot and stuff. loot in general is awesome and i love how it's a risk-reward thing rather than just positive feedback at the end of a mission. i really like that
+ classes seem more varied and fun to use
+ i like the story and the setting so far, being in the resistance is so damn cool
+ seems less buggy than previous xcom, tho i've already had a case of one of my characters killing an alien through a wall (i'll take it)

- there's so much scanning, i guess it's there to give you something to do so you're not just idly waiting for the next mission but it's a bit overwhelming being given so many scanning options when they're not really all that interesting?
- framerate is pretty dodgy, i set the game to low so i wouldn't have to worry about fps and it still chugs when there's lots of fog or smoke. i think the game looks great even on low, but it should run better. loading times are a bit long for me too, and generally the ui feels less responsive than i'd like it to be.
- customization options are cool but it's kind of a tease. it's not a korean mmo and i kind of wanted a korean mmo lol

Lain

Top 10 Most Disappointing Games of 2015!

1. Star Wars Battlefront
2. Infinite Crisis
3. Mad Max
4. Rainbow Six Siege
5. Halo 5 Guardians
6. Batman Arkham Knight (PC)
7. Heroes of Might & Magic VII
8. Beyond Earth Rising Tide
9. Need For Speed
10. Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Bloodborne was robbed!

Surprised to see Syndicate at 10. From the comments I thought it was a pretty positive entry. I'll have to watch the video later to see what Joe says.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wheres doogie? I need him to teach me how to nvidia inspector ;_;

Played Wooden Floor and Wooden Floor 2- Resurrection.

Wooden Floor is a short horror/puzzle game in which you navigate through a house where rooms change when you close doors and hallways randomly. I had no idea what was happening in the story though, especially after finishing the game. Second one was pretty short in comparison and was missing some mechanics from the first one. It was more focused on the still confusing story and has multiple endings. Both games were fairly linear and most of the creepiness stems from the atmosphere - the dark house, creepy sounds, music, etc.

I liked Wooden Floor better with its focus around the room changing mechanic. Sequel felt like it was missing something, probably due to its length.

taco543

I got a bunch OF KEYSSSS!!!! ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS but lamer. I'll give away albino lullaby tomorrow, Im tired! but i will give it away so STAY TUNED!

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Learn to love yourself, before you love others.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Insurgency- -- MB-84F80E7A393ACECA - Taken by Boss Doggie
Surgeon Simulator- -- MB-997468BA0B9BE154 - Taken by Purkake4
Pixel Piracy- -- MB-93F8B69E88389AB4 - Taken by shervinrs
Praetorians- -- MB-813635DB08FEB00E - Taken by bobnowhere
Qora- -- MB-36EB340A3EBA67C7 - Taken by Deques
Secrets of Raetikon- -- MB-DA6114C2C26734F5 - Taken by Popstar
Velocity Ultra- -- MB-59E29E7C1986479C - Taken by Catshade
BanHammer- -- MB-691AC63B21B2FC8C - Taken by Kuroyume
Dungeon Defenders- -- MB-0DAF5713598A0EDB - Taken by Loptous
UnEpic- -- MB-C95F701E3E55E162 - Taken by Mikurden
King Arthur's Gold- -- MB-3F2F5CA5EAC7BD74 - Taken by EdmondD
PixelJunk Shooter- -- MB-19E112FB435BA80E - Taken by jdw_b
Kingdom Rush- -- MB-E2DC73356F144D2B - Taken by Madn
GAUGE- -- MB-191F458929BE44FD - Taken by Coldsun
Imperial Glory- -- MB-6B2E7210726A8E46 - Taken by ussjtrunks
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate- -- MB-226CF4A50265F5FF - Taken by fuzzy123

Tizoc

How is World in Conflict?
header.jpg

Forgot the reason I wishlisted it, but someone convince me to pull the trigger on it ;P

Also is this the cheapest that Alan Wake Collection has been?

Volimar

xcom 2 impressions after a few hours:

+ it's still xcom, the tension is still there, the gameplay loop of tactical combat into upgrades and base management into more combat is still there and it's still as awesome as ever
+ most of the new things seem interesting and add small layers of complexity that just make the game feel richer. choosing to use engineers to speed up building rooms or developing tech is just that little bit more depth, and it seems like everything got a little bit of that
+ i like the time limits and the little incentives to move around like loot and stuff. loot in general is awesome and i love how it's a risk-reward thing rather than just positive feedback at the end of a mission. i really like that
+ classes seem more varied and fun to use
+ i like the story and the setting so far, being in the resistance is so damn cool
+ seems less buggy than previous xcom, tho i've already had a case of one of my characters killing an alien through a wall (i'll take it)

- there's so much scanning, i guess it's there to give you something to do so you're not just idly waiting for the next mission but it's a bit overwhelming being given so many scanning options when they're not really all that interesting?
- framerate is pretty dodgy, i set the game to low so i wouldn't have to worry about fps and it still chugs when there's lots of fog or smoke. i think the game looks great even on low, but it should run better. loading times are a bit long for me too, and generally the ui feels less responsive than i'd like it to be.
- customization options are cool but it's kind of a tease. it's not a korean mmo and i kind of wanted a korean mmo lol

Agree with all this. My aliens are two bars from completing the avatar project. All the black sites are on the other side of the planet.

patapuf

How is World in Conflict?
header.jpg

Forgot the reason I wishlisted it, but someone convince me to pull the trigger on it ;P

Also is this the cheapest that Alan Wake Collection has been?

WiC is really good if you like small scale RTS's like Dawn of War or Ground Control (same devs).

- it has one of the best SP campaigns in the genre.
-the MP is good too but i assume it isn't too active and ideally you want a friend or two to make the most out of synergies. Also, i don't know how active it still is.

Ludens

Banned
i swear on me mum punished snake wins like 70% of big modbot raffles

edit: omg SOMA

Yeah, well, except for the fact I didn't win any "big modbot raffle" since months.
Since you told me this several times, here's the list of all the games I won since I changed nick months ago:

Front Mission Evolved
The Marvellous Miss Take
Jazzpunk -
Company of Heroes 2
Suits: A Business RPG
HAEGEMONIA
The Chaos Engine
Chronicles of a Dark Lord Ep II War of The Abyss
Coma Mortuary
Death Rally (Classic)
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Collector's Edition
Bound By Flame
cities xl platinum (this one was a mistake because i confused it with another game, so I raffled it again after a moment, I thought it was cities XXL)
Street Fighter V

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GTR Evolution -- MB-C1CB71BA318C9841 - Taken by Tetraeon. 4 entrants total.
Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood -- MB-EC3F2C139BEE6A83 - Taken by Coldsun

t1454757195z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Dev doesn't see the need to support the PC version with console DLCs, just FYI.

In fact, I was tempted to take the game, but if it won't get the additional dlc...I'll just wait its inclusion on Plus, since all indies will end here soon or later.

Does the original Unreal's campaign hold up alright? I beat Dark Forces last year so I can handle some older mechanics if well done. I had it on original release but lost my save in the middle of it, can't remember much about it. Except the magazine article I read making a big deal of the enemies playing some kind of dice game animation before you show up as if it was complex AI.

Either way bought the pack for nostalgia, had played a lot of UT and some UT 2004.

Played unreal a year or two ago and really enjoyed it. Interesting and sometimes complex level design as well as a good feeling of progression kept my enjoyment.

Can anyone recommend me a good strategy game I can spend dozens of hours playing for under €5?

AI War: Fleet Command is currently 3,39€, and if you can stretch yourself a bit, then the full bundle with all DLC is 5,77€. You can easily spend hundreds of hours with that game, especially with the DLC.

It is an asymmetric space RTS, with elements of tower-defense, in which you start from almost nothing, and your enemy (twin AIs) effectively has unlimited resources. However, the AI response to you reflects your own level of aggression. So you have to take out strategic targets, while limiting your acts of aggression to just those required to grow your resources enough to do so, in order to cut off the twin AIs that have your galaxy on lock-down, without pissing them off so much that they just crush you outright.

It's the kind of game where you frequently field hundreds of ships in a single skirmish, and the enemy AIs may send hundreds and even thousands of ships your way at a regular basis.

Tizoc

/hug. And im not putting gaf names in my xcom guys, they are too cool to have a bunch of nerd names.

They will have Transformers names.

Because im a nerd

You don't get to use TF names in XCOM until you've read MTMTE :V

WiC is really good if you like small scale RTS's like Dawn of War or Ground Control (same devs).

- it has one of the best SP campaigns in the genre.
-the MP is good too but i assume it isn't too active and ideally you want a friend or two to make the most out of synergies. Also, i don't know how active it still is.

Thanks gonna get it soon then.

Is the game maze-like a la Doom?

nah, there were some levels that were mildly maze-like but from memory it's one big environment with different themed areas throughout. I recall a temple area that had some tunnels and swimming that confused me a bit, the game rewards exploration with hidden goodies though.

Free games! Free as in "Free beer"

Yaay

Anything I should pick up from the current sale?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me!!!!!!

t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs and Men -- MB-C914A87443E163EA

Game Of Thrones -- MB-897B1CC9C1AC014F
t1cxE6r.gif
Cities XL Platinum -- MB-09FA2D44460A65E7 - Taken by texhnolyze
PIX THE CAT -- MB-D36AC69E2C4B8A9D
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (UPLAY) -- MB-32FD7650D22E1AA4

xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-1FEDF99E6F1C1E47 - Taken by schwupp

By the way I made a small patch for my NeoGAF Greasemonkey script for picking up games from ModBot: https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot which should make it work a bit better

zkylon

zkylewd
Agree with all this. My aliens are two bars from completing the avatar project. All the black sites are on the other side of the planet.
outch

is that game over?

haven't even gotten to avatar project being a real element of the game yet

jdw_b

Playing SC: Blacklist...

I've read horror stories about patching on Uplay. Has this been fixed? I don't know whether i'm playing a fully patched version of the game or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom