• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dragon Age Inquisition and Lords of the Fallen is the only one i think. And For those it took few weeks to pirate them partially. Denuvo is still not cracked and both of those games use some kind of emulation to bypass Denuvo.

ah that's a pity

Maniac

Banned
I doubt this will prove much, since chances are there will be someone / group that replaces their activities

The vast majority of cracks are "rebranded" 3DM cracks. Usually with tweaks, fixes or what have you. But yeah, the vast majority are based off of what 3DM releases, so it might be a worth-while experiment. We'll see.

Buraindo

CONSORTIUM lost me. I want to see it through the end but I don't feel like playing it. Maybe I should just let it be for a while, play something else instead.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm going to develop a videogame just so I can complain about all my lost revenue from people dying easily preventable deaths.

I'd be rich if they weren't so fucking dead.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Deer -- MB-72C7D96F4F2365AF - Taken by bkw

from the groupees build a bundle. it has cards!

also have this leftover from the last thread
Soulbringer -- MB-3FFCE5DC4863D1DA - Taken by GaussTek - Taken by dave is ok

Uzzy

I'm going to develop a videogame just so I can complain about all my lost revenue from people dying easily preventable deaths.

I'd be rich if they weren't so fucking dead.

Good plan. There's seven billion people on the planet now, but there's been at least one hundred and seven billion people who've ever been alive. If they hadn't have so selfishly died, you'd have one hundred billion extra sales.

All that lost money. You should sue.

zkylon

zkylewd
Denuvo is here to stay, even if the publishers know piracy doesn't affect piracy, they aren't going to say no to the idea of reducing piracy.
yeah, that's why it's a pity

- devs waste money on shitty drm that won't translate into bigger sales
- games run worse for everyone
- lots of ppl in highschool and college and empoverished countries that can't afford videogames miss out on great games

sucky all around

Lomax

Denuvo is here to stay, even if the publishers know piracy doesn't affect piracy, they aren't going to say no to the idea of reducing piracy.

I don't have a problem with Devs taking steps to reduce piracy so long as it doesn't impair my ability to play the game, or alter it in a way that makes it unappealing to me (like anything always online that isn't f2p or a MMO type). And game companies should absolutely go hard after bootleg sellers, key thieves, and the like. What I have a huge problem with is the implication that piracy dominates the PC (it doesn't), has a massive impact on game sales (it doesn't), and gets blamed for underwhelming sales when there were obviously other factors involved (looking at you Crysis). That's why the whole Jonathon Blow fiasco pissed me off, it was like he was preemptively complaining about poor sales before it even happened.

Nyoro SF

My PS4 bricked... after one day of use...

Guess I'll just load up KF2 and rail against crappy hardware design for a couple of hours with some friends

I don't have a problem with Devs taking steps to reduce piracy so long as it doesn't impair my ability to play the game, or alter it in a way that makes it unappealing to me (like anything always online that isn't f2p or a MMO type). And game companies should absolutely go hard after bootleg sellers, key thieves, and the like. What I have a huge problem with is the implication that piracy dominates the PC (it doesn't), has a massive impact on game sales (it doesn't), and gets blamed for underwhelming sales when there were obviously other factors involved (looking at you Crysis). That's why the whole Jonathon Blow fiasco pissed me off, it was like he was preemptively complaining about poor sales before it even happened.

JBlow is out of touch. Unsurprising.

Miff

Grenades in Valkyria Chronicles are fucking bullshit. Why do they keep getting stuck on invisible geometry?

I liked the way you could throw them at your feet and not take damage (obviously when face-to-face with the enemy).

[...] is there any way to make my laptop's radeon not to overheat ever 30 minuted if playing more or less anything? any at all? It's in a good ventilated and cool place already.
Kindly don't say submerge it in ice, please

No idea if it'll make a difference, but could you get away with underclocking your Radeon?

I thought we all only pirated our games on PC. =v
My PS4 bricked... after one day of use...

Guess I'll just load up KF2 and rail against crappy hardware design for a couple of hours with some friends
Jeez that sucks =( can you get a refund on it?
I liked the way you could throw them at your feet and not take damage (obviously when face-to-face with the enemy).
Yeah it is pretty abusable.

Tizoc

qmb24hp.png

That might be it for this sale....for now :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
qmb24hp.png

That might be it for this sale....for now :p

Why the hell did you buy that horrible TMNT game? Genuinely curious.

Surprised to see myself being worse/playing more than 12hrs a week. It's fairly recent developed though.
That's interesting but I'm not sure how that is gonna "prove" much. Someone else is probably gonna hack games anyway. And we sadly can't observe two identical universes with only them hacking and not hacking games.
With nuuvem off the table for almost every game, I doubt I'd have noticed at all without your post, haha.
I bought that Warhammer Space Marine game, looks like a fun time
It is!
iqbs8cE.gif

Best hidden gem alongside Binary Domain that I played last year.

Ludens

Banned
So, I completed Trine 3. A little premise: I really liked the game. All leves are very good, I appreciated the dumbed down gameplay compared to other titles, puzzles were pretty much all easy so you won't get stucked on them if not for one minute.
But. Now I understand why people got angry with Frozenbyte.
Really? Is that the end of the game?
I beat a random dragon, I get 1 out of 3 fragment, a cutscene plays in which the villain summons a...girl? The End.

Really? I think people got angry not because the game is short, in fact I think 5-6 hours are ok. People got angry because this is literally 1/3 of the game. If Frozenbyte run out of money, they should at least rewrite a couple of dialogues and give a true ending to the game. Because the game simply screams "there will be DLC to end the game in the future".

Well my 360 controller from 2005 has finally shat the bed.

What's the general consensus on the best PC controller these days; Steam, XBO or PS4? (or shall I get another 360 pad?)
I'd say that the Steam controller is the best but you need to tinker with it to get its full potential.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
By all acounts in here, the performance of XCOM 2 is pretty uneven (to put it nicely)... from Firaxis, a primarily PC developer (I think?), on a PC "exclusive", right?

So where are the mobs with pitchforks?

Why does being a PC dev making exclusive mean great performance is a given? I mean Crysis falls into that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom