• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Chapter 8 of Trails SC.

After 4 new dungeons in Chapter 7, we're back to recycled locations. Also, game just took both of my healer characters and arbitrarily locked magic.

Thank you, game!

Lomax

I know I am a Certified Cheapass, but it boggles my mind that this still has never gone below $7.50 on Steam.

It's been bundled a few times, including a great amazon bundle I picked it up in a few years back.

No cards, no achievements, no extras besides DRM...you just wanted the +1 I guess?

Paradoxically, there's a sense of permanence to owning something on steam versus just having it drm free somewhere. It's in a list.

Deitus

I'm kind of tempted to pick up Dark Souls 2 Scholars on sale, but I know I won't have enough time to play much of it before Dark Souls 3 comes out (I already played DS2 vanilla). Plus it's currently cheaper on PSN.

I think I'll wait to see if it goes cheaper in the summer sale.

Chapter 8 of Trails SC.

After 4 new dungeons in Chapter 7, we're back to recycled locations. Also, game just took both of my healer characters and arbitrarily locked magic.

Thank you, game!

Oh no a challenge! How horrifying.

It's not hard at all, use your items instead.

Paradoxically, there's a sense of permanence to owning something on steam versus just having it drm free somewhere. It's in a list.

Oddly, I can understand that. I think it's also an "out of sight, out of mind" thing. You load up Steam and see all your games right there, but if you have to pull up a game separately somewhere off your hard drive, it's almost like you don't have it at all.

Yes, I'm aware you can add non-Steam games to your Steam list. But I dunno...not the same, I suppose.

Uzzy

I fancy getting Endless legend, should I just get Vanilla or are the expansions essential?

This ain't no Civ 5, the base game of Endless Legend is still fantastic.

Everything's going to end in the heat death of the universe, so there's no permanence to anything.

Dsyndrome

Discovered in XCOM: EW that I was neglecting to upgrade my folks body armor weapons, thought it was all like the nanosuit and took over the item slot. Time to update all my folks before attempting the alien base again.

It's not a challenge, especially since other than the contract monsters and those snails at towers, the monsters haven't been upgraded.
Just a nuisance.

You could always run from a battle y'know? Unless you're trying nightmare mode and need that quartz for which you don't have to run from any battle.

Yeah, it's not hard at all.

But it wouldn't be much of a Knurek post if he wasn't complaining
I admire him studiously playing through Falcom games and posting only to say how much he dislikes them

I look forward to him playing every single sequel as well
lol

Nyoro SF

Oh no a challenge! How horrifying.

It's not hard at all, use your items instead.

Yeah, it's not hard at all.

But it wouldn't be much of a Knurek post if he wasn't complaining
I admire him studiously playing through Falcom games and posting only to say how much he dislikes them

I look forward to him playing every single sequel as well

I thought we all only pirated our games on PC. =v

Jeez that sucks =( can you get a refund on it?

Yeah it is pretty abusable.

Yeah I just processed through Sony support. It's kind of sad, this is the first time I've ever had a console break on me. I bought my 360 in late 2008 and it never RROD.

Valkyria grenades are funny business. 95% of the time they worked just fine but then sometimes the grenade would hit a spot you just couldn't believe

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ucchedavāda, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ucchedavāda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-CFFE8CFA51AADADE - Taken by redlacs. 24 entrants total.
Dropsy -- MB-10E6FF5201474950 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 14 entrants total.

t1454793794z1.png

Yeah I just processed through Sony support. It's kind of sad, this is the first time I've ever had a console break on me. I bought my 360 in late 2008 and it never RROD.

Valkyria grenades are funny business. 95% of the time they worked just fine but then sometimes the grenade would hit a spot you just couldn't believe

Then consider yourself quite lucky! I've had every console I own breakdown on me at one point, except for the Wii and PSP. Vita is safe too, but depends how long it can serve me.

Nyoro SF

Then consider yourself quite lucky! I've had every console I own breakdown on me at one point, except for the Wii and PSP. Vita is safe too, but depends how long it can serve me.

Se7en confirmed for "shipwrecking" his consoles to initiate them :^)

I always thought I would be invincible to this sort of problem. I wait to buy console until a few years into their lifespan so the manufacturer can work out kinks. Now I can't get the Valkyria Revolution demo day one. I knew I should've dropped money on a new GTX 970 instead!

Se7en confirmed for "shipwrecking" his consoles to initiate them :^)
Hehehe

I always thought I would be invincible to this sort of problem. I wait to buy console until a few years into their lifespan so the manufacturer can work out kinks. Now I can't get the Valkyria Revolution demo day one. I knew I should've dropped money on a new GTX 970 instead!

Nah, i'd recommend to wait for pascal. Also, you'll still get it replaced for free, so that's good news too. Unfortunately the time lost with this ordeal sucks :(

Maniac

Banned
Hehehe

Nah, i'd recommend to wait for pascal. Also, you'll still get it replaced for free, so that's good news too. Unfortunately the time lost with this ordeal sucks :(

Yeah. It's likely no more than half a year away, and even if you're not going for a Pascal card, you'd likely see a decent drop in retail prices for Maxwell GPUs. And used prices will have a steep drop most likely.

Should be a good tactic.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
XCOM 2 is consuming me, send help!

I just had to lower the difficulty from commander to veteran, it was too hard for me at the moment.

Also anyone using the muton centauron mod?
Is it supposed to appear on almost all missions?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Raiden III -- MB-CC2CE2EBBE79191E - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Rusty Lake Hotel -- MB-FDA8E532B19CAAD5 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.

t1454794457z1.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ModBot has no rights, it's just a normal user account. The way it's about to do mod-type stuff is kinda complicated but basically it attaches to the account of the mod that's using it. So if someone "hacked" ModBot's gaf account they'd get nothing.

Once I hack it I'll send everyone PMs with BadRats 2 keys claiming its "Popular New Game Thing" and then we'll see who gets nothing!

dex3108

ModBot has no rights, it's just a normal user account. The way it's about to do mod-type stuff is kinda complicated but basically it attaches to the account of the mod that's using it. So if someone "hacked" ModBot's gaf account they'd get nothing.

Good we are still not ready for Skynet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom