• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Does this mean the tyranny of anime gifs is finally over?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on an anime gif - forever

TLrSMuh.gif

Knurek

But it wouldn't be much of a Knurek post if he wasn't complaining
I admire him studiously playing through Falcom games and posting only to say how much he dislikes them

Uh-oh, someone's onto me... Quick, people, spam anime jifs, so that this post gets buried.

I look forward to him playing every single sequel as well

Well, if they bring them to Steam... Sure, why not?
I'll still bitch and moan, mind you

enhanced jshackles

Enhance morningbus!

Dr Dogg

No.

This is only the beginning

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on an anime gif - forever

Well if you think about it so far two of our own (you know because all communities are tribal in here!) have been cursed blessed with the red brand. I mean sure during the heady days of Bayonetta 2's promotion they were more active in here (and when prinny wasn't scaring them off) but now the mod presence in here has just gone up 200%!!!

Saying that I do seem to recall stump saying something about recruiting mods from GAFs various communities. I'm sure VitaGAF will have a representative that will look after the animu gif spammers.

Jazz573

Well if you think about it so far two of our own (you know because all communities are tribal in here!) have been cursed blessed with the red brand. I mean sure during the heady days of Bayonetta 2's promotion they were more active in here (and when prinny wasn't scaring them off) but now the mod presence in here has just gone up 200%!!!

Saying that I do seem to recall stump saying something about recruiting mods from GAFs various communities. I'm sure VitaGAF will have a representative that will look after the animu gif spammers.

Or VNGAF. ;)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
When finally made a mod, I will change my avatar to:
yvsupyP.jpg

And so would begin my benevolent reign of terror.

Dr Dogg

Or VNGAF. ;)

Let's not get too drastic here.

One can hope.
One can pray.
One can still remain in fear of every new page!

The ignore button is your friend. Unless one of the animu gif spammers is a mod (who you can't ignore).

When finally made a mod, I will change my avatar to:
yvsupyP.jpg

And so would begin my benevolent reign of terror.

Man I'd love to see how you'd use your mod powers, if only for a day. Fireworks is the image tumbling through my mind.

Nyoro SF

Congrats jshackles.

If I was a mod, I don't know which would make me press the kill button faster... large gifs, high-res image spam or gimmick posters.

Dr Dogg

Nooooo too much power for the Steamies!

Admit it you didn't know what all the fuss was about with Steam until you got sucked in with Shovel Knight. And then there's your TIS-100 addiction. Come to think about it Robo owns TIS-100 and shackles just bought it, and the majority of the other mods love it. The pattern continues!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Admit it you didn't know what all the fuss was about with Steam until you got sucked in with Shovel Knight. And then there's your TIS-100 addiction. Come to think about it Robo owns TIS-100 and shackles just bought it, and the majority of the other mods love it. The pattern continues!

I should start playing TIS-100.

Uzzy

So now we have 2/3 mods in EUMPgaf, daaaamn.

I'm so dead.

So today is the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter II's release. There's a good article over on Gamasutra with some big names in the FGC talking about Street Fighter and it's impact. It makes me quite sad realising that and seeing how low-key the event I went to today in Game was. Staff who didn't know anything, no real advertising, just survival mode and only as Ryu. Hell, there weren't even move lists.

Hearing some kid ask 'what's that' while pointing to Ryu though, that really hurt.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Congratulations, you two.

It's all part of a Modbot-driven conspiracy to slowly infect the human mods and absorb them into the Borg Bot Collective.

Deitus

Congrats to jshackles and Roboleon. Good to see more mods that are regular posters in SteamGAF.

Something something keikaku.

Sini

Does anyone plan to get Duck Game from this sale? Would be awesome if you'd get 4 pack and sold 3 copies to me for 20 euros.

In the performance thread.

Yeah... that's my point, essentially. People may be talking about issues with it in the performance thread, but usually when there's a PC game/port with issues, the lynch mobs form quick and are everywhere. Hell, look at what the Naruto:UNS4 port did to the thread a few nights ago.

Seems to perform just fine over here.

I have no idea how it performance personally, but I've seen people in here complain that it's dipping and having some issues.

Why does being a PC dev making exclusive mean great performance is a given? I mean Crysis falls into that category.

So is XCOM 2 the new software to use to test out your new PC configuration and get some benchmarks; does it really push the limits that hard? ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hektor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-F8CDC7E5C7ACB8E8 - Taken by Haunted. 93 entrants total.

t1454799974z1.png

So many red names :)

Congrats jshackles and Roboleon!

Transformers Devastation is amazing, I hope it sells well, because it's a damn fine game so far.

Phawx

So time for a little good news, bad news.

I found third-party software that allows remotely game sharing (Like Playstation GameShare or nVidia Game Stream Co-Op)

It doesn't require full screen mode, 360 controller wasn't recognized but a joy2key app can fix that easy enough. We did successfully test me using a 360 controller and him using a keyboard.

We played Vagante co-op which doesn't have online co-op and it went really well.

The bad news is not only do you have to buy the software (which is on sale on Steam) but if you wanted to use the gameshare functionality, you'd have to pay a subscription which is $3 a month.

I was so close to buying the software and then I see they put this bogus sub plan on it. I don't even want the game recording software, I just want to play a game a local co-op game remotely.

yuraya

The SteamGAF Jedi Council is growing.

Congrats to jshackles and Roboleon.

Also everyone needs to play Grow Home. Its an incredible game and only a buck right now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There must be a mistake, my name is still yellow, I already switched out monitors to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end but it's still not red...

Tried changing your monitor to have a more warm colour?

Oh my. This is gonna be interesting. Both are cool in my book.
Congrats dudes! Hey robo, you gonna keep your ridickulous tag? ;)

His tag is true and great so I hope he keeps it.

dickroach

Instructions here.

word. thanks

ModBot said:
header.jpg

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dickroach, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dropsy -- MB-E89C3A7B22B809F3 - Taken by rainking187

lokimotion

Neo Member
I hope i'm doing this right...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lokimotion, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-D38634CD1061C976 - Taken by dickroach

Phawx

Let me think. How was this software called?

Edit: Hamachi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LogMeIn_Hamachi

Hamachi is a VPN-like software. It's just for creating a LAN across remote locations.

Vagante is a couch co-op game. Meaning it doesn't even allow LAN play. It's only multiplayer from one computer/one screen

Edit:

The name of the app that *does* work is called Mirillis Action!

But if you want to use the remote control app, it's costs $3/month. I have no problem buying the software for $35. I just don't want to pay a subscription for something that I'm only going to use every now and again.

derExperte

Everyone's congratulating and being happy but I just see more oppressors doing more oppressing. RIP freedom of speech, the red dawn is upon us.

Everyone's congratulating and being happy but I just see more oppressors doing more oppressing. RIP freedom of speech, the red dawn is upon us.

Taunting the new mods seems like a bad idea.

You know that only League thing I like is soundtrack :D

P.S. RDR is now backwards compatible on X1 and that means our chances for remake and PC just went down :( and they were already low.

I don't think RDR being backwards compatible on X1 has any real affect on R*'s plans for doing anything with the game on PC and/or newer consoles, if they had them.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Secretly just a way to get people noticing you hahaha.
Clearly, since no one congratulated Funky Papa yet :p

Congrats to the new mods!
Fine choices all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom