• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Another great poster and solid citizen was elevated to a mod position today, too:

More_Badass often posts here on SteamGAF, and those of you who frequent the indie and iOS threads in particular will know him well. More good news, I say.

If there is ever another Simpson's game, I want it based on this concept:

tumblr_nq36uxavYQ1tpri36o1_400.gif

Tatsunoko vs. Simpsons?

I've played more of The Bureau XCOM Declassified. I'm having lot of fun with it. Like I read up on here it plays very similarly to Mass Effect but in a XCOM universe. It's a squad based third person shooter with cooldown abilities.

Just like in ME you have a power wheel but here it's called a "battle focus" where you order your teammates to use their powers and abilities. The twist is that you have to order them around to move them in and out of cover around the map. They have an AI but it's rather dumb and they scream all the time for you to give them order. You have a three characters team all the time. Outside of the main character the other two are generic recruits you hired and are bringing along. Depending on the difficulty level, they can die permanently if you don't revive them quickly enough or die permanently as soon as they fall on Commander difficulty.

The game has a warning pop up explaining that it's possible to create a failstate if you kill all of them and don't have anymore to recruit. You can customize everyone appearance (albeit a bit basic like clothes color and head style) and their loadout and choose which skill to choose at rank up. So far there are 4 types of recruit you can have support/recon/commando/engineer and you can choose a different background for each with grant some passive bonus like your laser turret being more resistant or taking less damage while running. You can send your extra recruits on OPS while you are on a mission where they get experience, find new recruits and discover weapon and techs.

Your main character is kind of unique class wise because he touched an alien artifact (remind you of another game?) and you get unique cooldown abilities like a group heal or the psy lift abilities. You pick 2 weapons to carry with you at the mission screen but you can switch them with those you find on a mission. Once you discover a new weapon it gets added to your stash at your base.

You have a home base where you can talk to the characters with a ME style conversation wheel and unlock side missions. There is also a shooting range to test your weapons. You can listen to audio logs and read files scattered around to learn more about the lore of the game.

It's not so bad looking for 360/PS3 game (crappy steam compressed shots).

It's really difficult. Especially the beginning since you don't have many abilities. The AI partner have a tendency to step on mines and to not move away from grenades which the enemy spam a lot. They also like to start shooting out of cover which mean death in this game so you have to order them all the time to go behind a wall. Once you get the laser/rocket turret, mines and decoy it gets much easier. You can also tell where battle will take place as battles requires waist-high walls :). The cover mechanic is a bit annoying as you stick to cover and sometimes you either went to move out or crawl behind cover and fail doing it haha.

Frankly it's not a bad game and you can do much worse for 4$. Even at full price I don't understand why it was panned so much. My guess is that fans didn't want this and chose the real XCOM instead.

Words of warning about the PC port. You have to turn off the two PhysX effect or the game crashes on Nvidia cards. It's apparently new and caused by the recent Nvidia driver update. Also turn down effect details to medium or else the game slows down to a crawl every time you go close to a light source on my 970. Otherwise you can max it and it runs at 60 FPS. You can also go up to 120 FPS. In my case on Win 10 I had to turn off cloud saving or the game would refuse to start.

That was my 2 cents about it.

i won this game from a giveaway, im going to play it one day, im interested in it

i promise

Nabs

Another great poster and solid citizen was elevated to a mod position today, too:

More_Badass often posts here on SteamGAF, and those of you who frequent the indie and iOS threads in particular will know him well. More good news, I say.

I gotta say, they're doing a fine job today. Shackles, Robo, M_B, and MHW. I'm really happy for 'em.

I heard the whole ost for this broadway show, Hamilton. I fucking loved it, was thinking of buying a ticket so i can actually watch it, this shit is sold out till november, you know how much the tickets are? like 500 fucking dollars.
471.gif

gurm3n

Neo Member
Suddenly, moderators everywhere. Except Ozium... He just makes ya look twice.

What if he adds a space to the end of your current tag? Would you even notice?

Now everyone will check their tags. Remember, the truth is out there.

Good tips. If I ever play it (and I think my X-Com fandom will get the better of me one day) your post will help me a lot.

Now learn about the hellish development behind the Bureau.

Thank you very much for the read! It's always really nice to read about game development from the inside.

Ya know, I can definitely see why people would use that Wuss Mod for SOMA, because these monsters are my least favorite part about this game, they go from tolerable to annoying as all hell real quick.

If I was a mod evilore wouldn't be able to eat from all those bans

if i was a mod I'd literally ban every single person that posts that dumb "why not both" gif when some ask for either A or B. if they could get both they wouldn't be asking in the first place you god damn twat.

Anteater

if i was a mod I'd literally ban every single person that posts that dumb "why not both" gif when some ask for either A or B. if they could get both they wouldn't be asking in the first place you god damn twat.

i don't like thing gif guys would've been dead

you hear me jshackles?

iosefe

I heard the whole ost for this broadway show, Hamilton. I fucking loved it, was thinking of buying a ticket so i can actually watch it, this shit is sold out till november, you know how much the tickets are? like 500 fucking dollars.
471.gif

i've heard so much good about it

i've heard so much good about it

whole ost is on youtube, its the closest I'll ever to get to it i fear with the insane ticket prices. you should give it a listen, even though I only got to hear the songs i legit got emotionally attached to the characters and by the last song i shed a few tears.

Volimar

My invitation to join the mods hasn't appeared, please send again Stump.

Also, this muscle relaxer I'm taking knocks me out. Dayum.

When I buy something on Steam now I get an email from Steam support that says the product has been added to my library, instead of the email receipts I used to get. Is this happening to anyone else?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My invitation to join the mods hasn't appeared, please send again Stump.

Also, this muscle relaxer I'm taking knocks me out. Dayum.

Looks like I sent your invite to More_Badass instead. I'll send another one.

Edit: Whoops, that one went to MHWilliams. How do I keep missing?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like I sent your invite to More_Badass instead. I'll send another one.

Edit: Whoops, that one went to MHWilliams. How do I keep missing?

Stump's basically writing the "new mod" thread here on SteamGAF

bigzgod

If I had one piece of advice to give to anyone playing XCOM 2 it's to not wait to build Resistance Comms.

Advanced Warfare Center also helps you get some really neat skills added on randomly. My sharpshooter got Guardian and my Grenadier got Kill Zone. Adds an interesting dynamic to each game, especially if you're lucky.

Adnor

Banned
I haven't seen anything about the Deadpool movie, I don't even know if I'm going to see it. But still, the only thing I want of that movie is to be better than Way's Deadpool.

That shouldn't be too hard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I haven't seen anything about the Deadpool movie, I don't even know if I'm going to see it. But still, the only thing I want of that movie is to be better than Way's Deadpool.

Literally 2 people in this thread will know what the fuck you are talking about

Youre one of them

Volimar

^I watched a let's play of that game and was really put off. Blegh.

Just going from the trailers it does seem to have a lot of waypool in it. But I don't mind waypool so <shrug>.

Adnor

Banned
Just going from the trailers it does seem to have a lot of waypool in it. But I don't mind waypool so <shrug>.

I just got so tired of the two caption boxes after two thousand issues of Way's Deadpool. And I missed the tragic aspect of "wanting to be a better person, but can't" that the character had before.

?

This is animegaf...

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure this is ComicGAF right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom