• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Gentlemen, and the two or five ladies here, we're about to be in for a treat come this Friday. Something tells me there's going to be a torrent (def. copious outpouring) of developers making announcement about unmentioned PC ports for the STEAM OS.

Finally, Metal Gear Rising will be announced... It's just wishful thinking on my part.

That's sounds too brilliant to happen.

How long has it been since MGR was "announced"?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Gentlemen, and the two or five ladies here, we're about to be in for a treat come this Friday. Something tells me there's going to be a torrent (def. copious outpouring) of developers making announcement about unmentioned PC ports for the STEAM OS.

Finally, Metal Gear Rising will be announced... It's just wishful thinking on my part.

That's sounds too brilliant to happen.

This whole free OS situation sounds too good to happen. I mean really i dont think we are grasping the repercussions right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you extrapolate that thought a little more?

Imagine if Sony announced that you could run the PS4 operating system on any computer hardware. For free. It could be like that.

Sober

Awesome

aTKI38K.png
2k textures? Real amateur hour there R*, don't they know modders have been using 4096*4096 res textures for something as rarely shown as say, the bottom of a shoe sole?

GTA5 on PC confirmed to be a blurry mess
please don't hurt me

KarmaCow

So how did MP3 run on non-top of the line PCs? 2k textures and DX11 is nice but I'd like to play the game a reasonable framerate on my shitty graphics card.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So how did MP3 run on non-top of the line PCs? 2k textures and DX11 is nice but I'd like to play the game a reasonable framerate on my shitty graphics card.
It run surprisingly well on my old GeForce 9800 GTX+ with graphics on medium-high, at 1920x1080.

That was one excellent port, I must admit. The only bad thing about it is the extra layer(s) of DRM on top of it.

Tellaerin

This whole free OS situation sounds too good to happen. I mean really i dont think we are grasping the repercussions right now.

Linux has been available for free for a long time now, and the universe hasn't imploded or anything (yet).

I doubt there's going to be some hidden fee for SteamOS or anything, if that's what you're worried about. This is something that's going to expand the reach of Steam and make Valve less reliant on what MS does with Windows in the future. It's in their best interest to make it available to as many people as possible for the low price of free.

maneil99

I just thought, any coincidence that the next Steam announcement is the same day as the new AMD GPU conference.. Steambox might have R9 Series GPUs/APUs?

maneil99

Wether it's a sandbox game or not has little to do with how optimized it is or will be iirc.

Thats not true at all. Rendering far away assets and LoD affect it alot aswell as the amount of detail and AI it must calculate. Then again can't expect much from you, after that last thread where you left after being called out for telling people they must have been bullied in high school to have different opinions then you.

Nethaniah

Thats not true at all. Rendering far away assets and LoD affect it alot aswell as the amount of detail and AI it must calculate. Then again can't expect much from you, after that last thread where you left after being called out for telling people they must have been bullied in high school to have different opinions then you.

You misread my post, figures.

KarmaCow

It run surprisingly well on my old GeForce 9800 GTX+ with graphics on medium-high, at 1920x1080.

That was one excellent port, I must admit. The only bad thing about it is the extra layer(s) of DRM on top of it.

Well that's good to hear and yea, I'm worried about Rockstar Social being a pain.

maneil99

You misread my post, figures.

"No i meant the issues you have with people that don't have the same platform as you, seems like there are some unresolved feelings there, did those people beat you up in highschool or make fun of you or something?? Either way, good luck with that. "

Maybe I am reading it wrong?

Nethaniah

Well that's good to hear and yea, I'm worried about Rockstar Social being a pain.

Oh it will be, not too happy about the game needing to be online and thus having a connection to that service for some stuff to work however small or useless the feature may be.

TheD

The Detective

Linux has been around since 1991.
The Linux kernel is one of the biggest software projects in the world, large amounts of it are developed by big companies like Intel, IBM, Google, Texas Instruments, Red Hat, Samsung ect., it is extremely common in servers, supercomputers (95.2%! of the TOP500 supercomputers use it), routers and even phones (Android is a Linux distro).

There are no horrible repercussions from it!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's showing up on my Skyrim Properties, under the DLC tab as well.

Weird.

Edit: People are also reporting on Reddit. Seems to be propagating to everybody, be it a bug or not.

Retne

Well after Dawnguard finishes downloading I'll have to give it a whirl before Bethesda/Valve fix the blunder. I have to say I wasn't terribly interested in it but for free I'll see what it's all about

Grief.exe

Linux has been around since 1991.
The Linux kernel is one of the biggest software projects in the world, large amounts of it are developed by big companies like Intel, IBM, Google, Texas Instruments, Red Hat, Samsung ect., it is extremely common in servers, supercomputers (95.2%! of the TOP500 supercomputers use it), routers and even phones (Android is a Linux distro).

There are no horrible repercussions from it!

What a coincidence that both Android and SteamOS use a Linux distro...What a coincidence...

PbgWqDX.png

People are so short sighted with this shit it blows my mind. They are even short sighted in the short term, let alone the big picture. TheD, this frustration isn't directed at you by the way.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dragonborn is slightly better but both feel way less creative compared to FO New Vegas and FO3's DLC packs where they really gave each expansion a unique flavor and did a good job differentiating the feel of them from the main game.

Dragonborn is slightly better but both feel way less creative compared to FO New Vegas and FO3's DLC packs where they really gave each expansion a unique flavor and did a good job differentiating the feel of them from the main game.
Dawnguard added new locations, but they are only wastelands, you don't want to go back after the missions are finished, because there's nothing there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dawnguard added new locations, but they are only wastelands, you don't want to go back after the missions are finished, because there's nothing there.

Yeah, there was like one visually stunning area.... that they just have you walk through. And then a bunch of reused crap and the most horribly designed area in the main game, some netherworld shit.

It's worth noting that unlike a great many of the people in this thread, I actually enjoyed the Skyrim content a lot and I didn't buy the DLC just to write mean things about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom