• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
HIB 9 bonuses:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-828C5338F1ABB716 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-DB1B2F9107DE4EFD - Taken by xBlain
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-DB1BFCDED0C1B1BB - Taken by didamangi
Limbo -- MB-3CFEB9D048E9DA56 - Taken by Lighthouse

Edit: And GamersGate's new Daily is 75% off Leviathan Warships ($2.50).

didamangi

Not really sure if the Postal key works, so be warned ;)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Postal -- MB-2EDA8330E73F3E93 - Taken by DexterPepper
Paranormal -- MB-53E3ABF5A14396FE - Taken by rainking187

HIB 9 bonuses:

Thx JaseC!

The_Monk

Is that Paranormal game decent fellow GAFfers?

I never tried and just checked from the 21 games I have on Desura I never ended up getting it. Is it like Amnesia or Anna? Might be a good game to play with the upcoming Halloween Steam sale.

Dolor

For me, SteamOS could be a big win for the streaming alone. I currently maintain two gaming rigs. One in my office which is the more powerful one, and one in my den which is relatively less powerful (usually, my previous office rig). But that setup means that inevitably if I want to play with my tv/surround setup, I have to sacrifice image quality or if I want to play with the best IQ, I have to be in my office. Now, I may not have to maintain both systems and can invest more in my main rig which will allow me to get the best experience everywhere.

derExperte

I hope Valve's next big project after the SteamOS is making the Steam client remember what library view I selected. Had to change it back two times in the last two hours.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized I own a lot of those games with linux support. hmm.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Is that Paranormal game decent fellow GAFfers?

I never tried and just checked from the 21 games I have on Desura I never ended up getting it. Is it like Amnesia or Anna? Might be a good game to play with the upcoming Halloween Steam sale.
I got it from another fellow GAFfer and have enjoyed the somewhat limited time I've spent with it. It's easy to have short play sessions, which is good for my schedule. The randomness to everything will keep you on your toes, but after a couple times through you'll start to see situations repeat themselves. You can only expect so much replay value from a horror game, though.

I think the scares work, and that's all I really ask for from a horror game. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a fan of the genre, and it's short nature makes it ideal for a bit of fun on Halloween night.

The_Monk

I got it from another fellow GAFfer and have enjoyed the somewhat limited time I've spent with it. It's easy to have short play sessions, which is good for my schedule. The randomness to everything will keep you on your toes, but after a couple times through you'll start to see situations repeat themselves. You can only expect so much replay value from a horror game, though.

I think the scares work, and that's all I really ask for from a horror game. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a fan of the genre, and it's short nature makes it ideal for a bit of fun on Halloween night.

Thank you very much for your impressions, good sir. I liked to know that's it's good for short play sessions, I guess I'm going to see some gameplay later on.

Thanks JaseC, got Limbo! Believe or not have never played it. Look forward to playing through the game.

Hope you like it fellow GAFfer, LIMBO is one of those rare games I have on 3 different platforms.

enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-173BD69B41834270
Rocketbirds -- MB-8A43A8A9907C9C00 - Taken by NIN90
LIMBO -- MB-82B38471E548D496

The_Monk

Thanks for the giveaway fellow GAFfer, some goes for all the others above. Hoping that the winners are enjoying those games.

Also, is the Sherlock Holmes, GoT, etc Bundle going to be up tomorrow or in about two days? Only 1 Day and 5 hours remaining on the current HIB.

Turfster

Thanks for the giveaway fellow GAFfer, some goes for all the others above. Hoping that the winners are enjoying those games.

Also, is the Sherlock Holmes, GoT, etc Bundle going to be up tomorrow or in about two days? Only 1 Day and 5 hours remaining on the current HIB.

It'll probably be a weekly, so thursday at the earliest.

JaseC

Wow, what took so long? :-/

My first thought was that the game hit GOG six months ago and the exclusivity period recently expired, but a quick search suggests that it's been on GOG for the past year. It probably just fell through the cracks back when Squeenix was planning to release the other Legacy of Kain games on Steam.

On a related note, release Anachronox on Steam already, Squeenix.

JaseC

I hate that Rayman 2 was a Rayman Origins pre-purchase incentive yet pre-purchasing Rayman Legends got you Rayman Origins -- thanks for the particularly egregious franchise gap, Ubi!

Tomodachi

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg

Mafia II -- MB-EF04EE2FD04AC789 - Taken by Copons

Have fun!

garath

Why doesn't Knights of Pen and paper have cloud saves :( It's the perfect game to pull out on my laptop here and there. It has everything else - achievements, cards - just no cloud saves :(

HoosTrax

Man, this Alien Rage game looks and sounds like an unofficial Unreal [not Tournament] 4.

Edit: hmm, there never was an Unreal 3, was there...

FYC

Banned
The final level of Serious Sam 3 is crazy.

Probably my favorite shooter of...Last gen?

Kinda cool to see there's like 5 people playing multiplayer at any given time still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom