• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I know! I'm so scared.

The only reason I quit the game is due to certain countries ruining the experience.

Not playing the meta-game, not participating in teamwork/teamfights, not communicating, not building the character correctly. These issues were so problematic and so pervasive that it truly ruined the experience for me.

It became so consistently frustrating that I just couldn't stand it anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah. I thought there was a sale or something on it. Oh well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Grief.exe

Can I even post these gifs?

Apparently, its set to loop only once.

deTZSjY.gif

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anyone else just got kicked out of Steam?
Can't boot it up either.
EDIT: Steams boots up again, but I can't log in. Doesn't say it's in offline mode, though. :/
EDIT 2: After booting up and closing down steam a couple of times it fixed itself. Pfew! :p

Tenrius

I actually very rarely played with Russians, maybe once or twice. I've heard that is a larger problem for the European regions.

Hilariously enough, it's a large problem even in Russia itself. No-one wants to play with loud-mothed nearly illiterate drama queens, which seem to make up a very large part of the Russian Dota community. Being able to understand what they have to say actually makes it worse.

The_Monk

I see Dark Souls is tempting me yet again, time to get out of Steam and go for a run it seems. I never finished it on the PS3 when I had the console and I had around 30-40 Hours in it.

Either way, every good GAFfer should get/have this game by now.

Nabs

Demon's Souls made me realize Dark Souls level design was done by like Kindergartners so I'm gonna have to disagree. I really feel bad for all the PC exclusive owners missing out on Demon's.

It was one thing to miss out on Demon's, but now GTA? I don't know how I'll live.

So I ordered Scribblenauts Unmasked from GMG and when I went to get my key from my profile it says "No keys available for this game." Is this unusual? Should I contact support?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They need to somehow offset WiiU
and Origin
games not selling I guess.

Credit where credit is due: if all these EA sales over the past six-odd months are because EA is priming a complete withdrawal from Steam, nobody can say it didn't provide ample opportunity.

At the other end of the spectrum, Activision abandoning the James Bond licence just ~two-and-a-half months after 007 Legends released was ridiculous.

So I ordered Scribblenauts Unmasked from GMG and when I went to get my key from my profile it says "No keys available for this game." Is this unusual? Should I contact support?

No key is available because WB hasn't sent them out.

Edit: Oh, the game is already out in some regions? Submit a ticket.

Grief.exe

Demon's Souls made me realize Dark Souls level design was done by like Kindergartners so I'm gonna have to disagree. I really feel bad for all the PC exclusive owners missing out on Demon's.

I will be alleviating this on Black Friday when I pick up a PS3. Already have Demon Souls through a Craislist pick up.

I think the interconnection of the Dark Souls level design is quite interesting.

dsmap.jpg

It was one thing to miss out on Demon's, but now GTA? I don't know how I'll live.

Playing more Dark Souls.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are you unfamiliar with how Daikatana was advertised?

I thought that one was laughable than pretentious lol

The game is essentially claiming that it's breathing new life into the "god game" genre (think Populous and the like). That's Peter Molyneux for you, though. ;)

Wait, it is his?

Good lord lower your expectation guys. If Black and White is to be the gauge... well...

Copons

Someone knows if Dark Souls (+ needed mods) can run on a 256MB GeForce 9600M GT (CPU and RAM should be fine)?
I don't care about low details and stuff, just an acceptable framerate and I'm fine.

Also, do you think I should wait a bit to see if they patch GFWL out?

Hm. Give it another 24 hours.

It's definitely out on Steam. The email I got yesterday said it would available for download at 24 Sept. at 00:01, which is like yesterday at 7:01 here...it's bizarre. But I assumed they haven't received keys yet, even though you can buy the game not as a pre-order right now.

Turfster

Good lord lower your expectation guys. If Black and White is to be the gauge... well...

It's not even going to reach Black and White levels.
The current version, which is "40%" according to the devs, consists of:
  • TappClicking on trees and rocks to remove them
  • Dragging the edges of the land around to make it smoother/extend it
  • TappClicking on each and every tent when they have new belief/followers ready, which happens quite often
That's it.

It's not even going to reach Black and White levels.
The current version ,which is "40%" according to the devs, consists of:
  • TappClicking on trees and rocks to remove them
  • Dragging the edges of the land around to make it smoother/extend it
  • TappClicking on each and every tent when they have new belief/followers ready, which happens quite often
That's it.

The giantbomb quick look made it look really, really bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Hell, it's not just the level design. It's the stat systems. Yes, Magic was broken in Demon's Souls, but goddamn I didn't have to deal with Poise and other bullshit like Dark Souls.

I prefer Demon's Souls vastly over Dark. If Dark Souls 2 is bringing it more in line with Demon's, great. I'll just pull the cord to get around their bullshit hollow invasions and enjoy the game that way.

Another day, another game that's not available in my region, oh well I can take heart that DS is going to be worth shit when GFWL closes in 2014.

Knurek

Credit where credit is due: if all these EA sales over the past six-odd months are because EA is priming a complete withdrawal from Steam, nobody can say it didn't provide ample opportunity.

Do we have any proof (other than 'they haven't added any new games) or is that just conjecture?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Another day, another game that's not available in my region, oh well I can take heart that DS is going to be worth shit when GFWL closes in 2014.

Have someone gift it to you in exchange for PayPal bucks. I'd offer myself, but it's Aussie Taxed.

Do we have any proof (other than 'they haven't added any new games) or is that just conjecture?

It's conjecture, hence "if". ;)

Hey guys. I'm looking to pre-order Football Manager 2014 and Nuuvem are cheapest. I've bought games from there before and activated them fine through Steam but only when I know others have done it. Is there anyway I can check that the game will activate fine in the UK if bought from Nuuvem?

Cheers.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hell, it's not just the level design. It's the stat systems. Yes, Magic was broken in Demon's Souls, but goddamn I didn't have to deal with Poise and other bullshit like Dark Souls.

I prefer Demon's Souls vastly over Dark. If Dark Souls 2 is bringing it more in line with Demon's, great. I'll just pull the cord to get around their bullshit hollow invasions and enjoy the game that way.

Poise is awesome. Inventory weight isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom