• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Poise is awesome. Inventory weight isn't.

Poise is bullshit when you smack someone, they just eat it like it's nothing and then hit you in return.

Inventory Weight makes sense. Similar to the Elderscroll's series.

Daily: Dead Space 2 75% off
Midweek:
  • Dark Souls 75% off
  • Hitman Absolution 75% off

EA/Origin is doing a "half-off sale" for their titles. DS2 there is $9.99 but it's $4.99 here.

I dunno if I want to save $5 just to have it on Steam when I have the other two on Origin. :/

Hey guys. I'm looking to pre-order Football Manager 2014 and Nuuvem are cheapest. I've bought games from there before and activated them fine through Steam but only when I know others have done it. Is there anyway I can check that the game will activate fine in the UK if bought from Nuuvem?

Cheers.

Check the steamdb to see if the registry entry has a separeted app with BR.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Poise is bullshit when you smack someone, they just eat it like it's nothing and then hit you in return.

Inventory Weight makes sense. Similar to the Elderscroll's series.

Inventory weight is trash in all RPGs. Either make it realistic and force the player to only carry bare essentials or remove the limits all together. The half-way bullshit that infests damn near every game is just plain stupid. I can carry 2 full sets of armor in my back pack, but I add a feather in and I become unable to move?

OKAY. I'm fucking immersed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not a fan of encumbrance systems in games like Skyrim, where virtually everything you see can be added to your inventory, so whenever I hit my carry limit, I'd just use the console to increase it. I wonder how many cabbages my character has...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Demon's Souls made me realize Dark Souls level design was done by like Kindergartners so I'm gonna have to disagree. I really feel bad for all the PC exclusive owners missing out on Demon's.

Demon's Souls is great but Dark Souls level design done by Kindergartners ? Can't agree with that at all. It's interconnected design is fantastic. I prefer Dark Souls overall but I do agree Demons Souls should be played.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys. I'm looking to pre-order Football Manager 2014 and Nuuvem are cheapest. I've bought games from there before and activated them fine through Steam but only when I know others have done it. Is there anyway I can check that the game will activate fine in the UK if bought from Nuuvem?

Cheers.

The Brazilian retail sub has a runtime restriction, unfortunately:

You'd need a BR-based IP to run the game at all.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I guess we shouldn't tell you that they are patching it out then :

You're not referring to the Facebook screenshot that's occasionally posted, are you? It's 'shopped.
I think he's referring to this:

gkFs0Uh.png

justjim89

Absolution was phenomenal. Easily more in line with Silent Assassin than something like Blood Money, which was rather tiresome to me after a while. Some irritating things about it, like the detection system which basically turns it into a more traditional stealth game, but it's still great. Personally, I've been playing through it again on normal and it feels more like a Hitman game should feel.

At 75% off it should definitely be picked up.

The Brazilian retail sub has a runtime restriction, unfortunately:
You'd need a BR-based IP to run the game at all.

Thanks. I'll have a look around see if I can find a decent deal closer to release then. It usually drops in price a lot just before and after release.

Grief.exe

Absolution was phenomenal. Easily more in line with Silent Assassin than something like Blood Money, which was rather tiresome to me after a while. Some irritating things about it, like the detection system which basically turns it into a more traditional stealth game, but it's still great. Personally, I've been playing through it again on normal and it feels more like a Hitman game should feel.

Derrick rage incoming.

I'd forgotten about that. Maybe I'll (re-)play it.

You missed my edit wtih the clever Australian joke.

Hitman: Absolution.

Yay/nay?

If you've never played a Hitman, you probably love it. If you hold Hitman: Blood Money as a personal favorite, Absolution is a damned poor sequel. They fucked up Hitman's core mechanic, the social stealth (hiding in plain sight while disguised) so you kind of have to play it like a more traditional stealth game and none of their reasoning in interviews or design makes any damned sense. Especially how you evade detection once someone is starting to see through your disguise, that's the most stupid part. Use a game-y meter to do something incredible conspicuous (stop and stare at a broucher stand hiding behing a pamphlet or pull the brim of your cap down) to allay suspicion. It's like a step back from Silent Assassin's glitchy disguise detection. The level design flirts with the greatness of the older Hitman sandboxes but has much more buttoned down linear sections with points-of-no-return peppered throughout. It's a very flawed game game, worth 7$ I guess.

Grief.exe

If you've never played a Hitman, you probably love it. If you hold Hitman: Blood Money as a personal favorite, Absolution is a damned poor sequel. They fucked up Hitman's core mechanic, the social stealth (hiding in plain sight while disguised) so you kind of have to play it like a more traditional stealth game and none of their reasoning in interviews or design makes any damned sense. Especially how you evade detection once someone is starting to see through your disguise, that's the most stupid part. Use a game-y meter to do something incredible conspicuous (stop and stare at a broucher stand hiding behing a pamphlet or pull the brim of your cap down) to allay suspicion. It's like a step back from Silent Assassin's glitchy disguise detection. The level design flirts with the greatness of the older Hitman sandboxes but has much more buttoned down linear sections with points-of-no-return peppered throughout. It's a very flawed game game, worth 7$ I guess.

"But our focus group said that modern gamers love linear corridors!"

Social stealth is functional on the two lowest difficulties.

I've heard the game is essentially broken at higher difficulties due to this mechanic.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

nah, NAH.

Absolution is terrible. It took all of the great sandbox-y elements from Blood Money and pissed all over them.

I keep getting tempted by Dark Souls on the PC. But (I don't know if anyone else feels the same way) I totally loved, loved Dark Souls on the 360, but it was such an experience and took so long that I just don't know if I want to go back and do it again. I can see the replay factor of trying new stuff a second time, but at the rate that I game Dark Souls took me like 5 months to finish, just don't know if I can commit to that again, especially if I'm not sure if it would be as special the second time through (since I've seen it all before).

Grief.exe

I have it from that AMD deal. I figured even though it and DmC are sort of mediocre according to most people I'd enjoy them for the usual 6-8 dumb AAA kind of experience that I don't get to these days much. At least Hitman is a stealth game, and DmC a character action game, things my library is short on.

,..so is it not a stealth game at all then?

I would suggest picking up Chaos Theory and Thief II, you have neither in your library and they are considered the best stealth games of all time.

bwhahah.
Oh I thought it was a done deal that this was happening. Maybe I should finish Dark Souls then...

Nope, the original Facebook post is a complete shop. A lazy one at that, they just took the top post off of the official Dark Souls Facebook page.

From has been updating the registry app this past month, we will see what comes of that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I keep getting tempted by Dark Souls on the PC. But (I don't know if anyone else feels the same way) I totally loved, loved Dark Souls on the 360, but it was such an experience and took so long that I just don't know if I want to go back and do it again. I can see the replay factor of trying new stuff a second time, but at the rate that I game Dark Souls took me like 5 months to finish, just don't know if I can commit to that again, especially if I'm not sure if it would be as special the second time through (since I've seen it all before).

My second run (NG+) took about a 3rd of the time it took me to do my first run. There was still a ton of depth too since my character played almost completely different from the first go round and knowledge of shortcuts and "sequence breaks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom