• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost everything there that I don't already own I couldn't give any less of a care about.

Outrun 2006 though...

iBWyqtb6uq2gV.gif

Nabs

I'm probably going to get scorn from PC elitists rampant in this thread, but I think that playing the console version of Dark Souls is a better experience. I have it both on the PC and the PS3 and I had much more invasions, summons, ghosts and messages in the latter version. The online is just more active in general, which is essential in this game and the IQ is of course worse, but still pretty comparable.

I don't know if it's because I'm using the connectivity mod, but the PC version is very active.

def sim

I wouldn't say summoning a buddy or two is a problem in the least. For PVP in the ending area, sure, the lower population definitely is.

I totally should have held out and kept some Steam money around just in case Dead Space 2 went on sale, but nooooooooo. Oh well, I guess I can pick it up some other time.

Dark Souls though.... I'm fairly certain I can't run it, but I want to buy it anyway, but GFWL dying, but Dark Souls....

Grief.exe

I totally should have held out and kept some Steam money around just in case Dead Space 2 went on sale, but nooooooooo. Oh well, I guess I can pick it up some other time.

Dark Souls though.... I'm fairly certain I can't run it, but I want to buy it anyway, but GFWL dying, but Dark Souls....

I guarantee if you look back in this thread you will find a Dead Space 2 Humble Bundle code unclaimed.

Tenrius

Speak of the devil. I've been playing some Dark Souls just now (the Steam version), and someone invaded me during the very first 30 minutes. Can't be connected to the sale — I'm in NG+, my SL is around 100.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guarantee if you look back in this thread you will find a Dead Space 2 Humble Bundle code unclaimed.

Alternatively, the unclaimed code giveaway kicks off at the end of the month.

Edit: Oh, right, what friedeggs said. ;)

Alternatively, the unclaimed code giveaway kicks off at the end of the month.

Edit: Oh, right, what friedeggs said. ;)

I don't think Dead Space 2 was in the origin humble bundle.

You are correct.

Strange that the whole Dead Space series is in there except 2. They probably meant to add it in during the second week for BTA, but decided against it.
:eek:
:D
:|
:\

Yeah, unfortunately Dead Space 2 wasn't in the bundle, so now I have 1 and 3 but not 2. It kinda sucks. Was there a code giveaway for 2 then? I guess I can go check.

Grief.exe

Did the latest DS update break Durante's fix? Do I need to reinstall DSfix?

It only broke the frame unlocker, but it has since been fixed, download the update http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

This is a quick patch to fix compatibility with the latest version of Dark Souls released 2 days ago.

Changes:

Made FPS unlocking compatible with the updated version of Dark Souls released 2 days ago (thanks boowoo90 for providing the updated addresses)
Added a configurable pause key (built for taking nice action screenshots. Don’t try to use online. May break stuff horribly)
Changed frame rate calculation to perhaps prevent rare 59 FPS issue when playing for a long time
Points 2 and 3 are things I implemented months ago, but which were not yet released.

Note: some graphical features (I noticed at least SSAO) are still affected/broken by the patch. I’ll release a followup later, but I didn’t want to delay the major fix for people who want to play now.

JaseC

Yeah, unfortunately Dead Space 2 wasn't in the bundle, so now I have 1 and 3 but not 2. It kinda sucks. Was there a code giveaway for 2 then? I guess I can go check.

I think you'll find that Dead Space 2 has been conspicuously absent from giveaways thus far.

Well, patience pays off. Managed to whittle Dark Souls down from £5 to £3.50 with some leftover card money so I finally have the game. Obviously DsFix, high res textures mods, anything else worth downloading for it? I know I'll likely find a mod thread if I search but thought I'd check first to see if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

C'mon, that EA Humble Bundle was more than generous enough.
I didn't mean for that to sound aggressive, just passive sadness. I sort of wish it had been Dead Space 1 & 2 just for some consistency, but I'm not complaining that I got DS3 (what I've played so far seems pretty okay).

I think you'll find that Dead Space 2 has been conspicuously absent from giveaways thus far.
That's understandable I suppose.

JaseC

I still have an unclaimed copy of Bastion sitting in this post. I didn't invoke the "no lurkers" rule, so even if you've never posted in a Steam thread in your life, go for it. Edit: Gone.

Shame. It is the best Dead Space.

I played some of the campaign on the PS3 a few years back, but that's about it. One of my mates swears black and blue that we smashed through the whole game together (not co-operatively, obviously), but I'm rather certain he's misremembering.

Nabs

Well, patience pays off. Managed to whittle Dark Souls down from £5 to £3.50 with some leftover card money so I finally have the game. Obviously DsFix, high res textures mods, anything else worth downloading for it? I know I'll likely find a mod thread if I search but thought I'd check first to see if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

You don't need the high res texture mod, the game looks amazing with just dsfix. Go with the hi-res subtitle/ui mod.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I didn't mean for that to sound aggressive, just passive sadness. I sort of wish it had been Dead Space 1 & 2 just for some consistency, but I'm not complaining that I got DS3 (what I've played so far seems pretty okay).
You should be glad they protected you from DS2.

chronomac

We need a list of games that are so common it's hard to give them away. FTL, Bastion, Bad Rats, Hotline Miami. Everyone has them now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's not even going to reach Black and White levels.
The current version, which is "40%" according to the devs, consists of:
  • TappClicking on trees and rocks to remove them
  • Dragging the edges of the land around to make it smoother/extend it
  • TappClicking on each and every tent when they have new belief/followers ready, which happens quite often
That's it.

Wow... so essentially just a glorified "touch" games found in mobile devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom