• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

To properly play The Saboteur in modern hardware, you need to:

• Force Windowed manually editing a .INI (not necessary, but makes things easier as it won't crash as much)
  • After the game is on the main menu, alt tab out of it.
  • On "Windows Task Manager" Set "Process Priority" to High
  • Set "Processor Affinity" to only 2 real cores (if you have a quad core, the game will eventually crash. If you set it to only one core, the game will stutter).
  • Wireless 360 Controllers have to be OFF when you start the game, and you can only turn them on AFTER the game has loaded, otherwise they won't be recognized as a 360 controller and the game will map all the buttons incorrectly (yes, it has official 360 controller support).
  • There's no deadzone on 360 controllers, so the slight descalibration (which is common in all 360 controllers) makes everything go nuts in menus. Works ok ingame.
The first 4 are official steps to take to play the game while they're "working on patch"... sure they are... You also have to manually do them every time you run the game, because you can't save default affinity override on Windows, afaik.

This is a sad turn of events, as the game is pretty good. Areas controlled by the nazis are rendered in Black and White. When you take them back, there's a cool transition to colored, and they stay that way. Oh well.

Edit: Oh, it also has 5 authorization limit on Installations. Great!
Don't you need to also play it in a 1280*xxxx resolution so the in-game map isn't fucked up? At least from my experience.

Was there a way to tell if you installed the beta patch correctly? I ran that thing over and over and it never seemed to install properly or something.

Just had to share this exceptional comment from youtube with you guys. Noticed it while watching a Bastion video.

supernatural_confusedbdy5p.gif

some people just shouldn't procreate

is it wrong that I'm playing Retro City Rampage instead of GTAV

...yes

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hexagoner, hexagonest, hexagonester....?
Hyper Hexagonest. It's truly hard, unless you know the patterns by heart and are able to negotiate them by sheer muscle memory, without having to think for even a fraction of a millisecond. And even then it's still not easy. A moment of hesitation and you're bound to lose the run.

But damn if it ain't rewarding when you finally beat that fucker.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You should add this to PC Gaming Wiki

I hastily threw a page up on PC Gaming Wiki. I can't really be bothered to do much better than that. Somebody would probably fix it, right? Isn't that how Wiki's work? :D

I also though the default layout of the page is much too confused and I didn't want to learn everything about it. The 360 controller "fix" is listed under Controller Support and the Affinity changes is under "details" or whatever it's called.

Don't you need to also play it in a 1280*xxxx resolution so the in-game map isn't fucked up? At least from my experience.

Was there a way to tell if you installed the beta patch correctly? I ran that thing over and over and it never seemed to install properly or something.

Oh, you might be right: The map was somewhat messed up, but I didn't really bother to research. I don't have time to play this game right now anyway. Only bought it cause it was cheap.

I assume the version given by origin was the latest one: I do have an AMD card and the game ran (it didn't use to), so I just assumed. But when it comes to Origin, you can never be sure.

I already uninstalled the game, as I'm not planning on playing it anytime soon, so I can't really help you with anything else. :(

Grief.exe

I hastily threw a page up on PC Gaming Wiki. I can't really be bothered to do much better than that. Somebody would probably fix it, right? Isn't that how Wiki's work? :D

No one expects anything more from you, getting the information up there is the important part.

Trying to sell 2 boosker packs on teh market and I get this error: You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me? I haven't sold anything in months and don't know how to figure out why this is happening, any ideas?

Did you use a new credit card recently with steam? That locks your access to the market place for up to 2 weeks.

Steam Bros, I need help.

First, what is a good headset for around $20? I don't game online much, so I don't want to drop too much cash, but the one I have now is trash.

Second, how can I make the headset behave like on Xbox 360? Meaning, game sounds coming from speakers, voice chat coming from headset.

RS4-

Steam Bros, I need help.

First, what is a good headset for around $20? I don't game online much, so I don't want to drop too much cash, but the one I have now is trash.

Second, how can I make the headset behave like on Xbox 360? Meaning, game sounds coming from speakers, voice chat coming from headset.

If it has two plugs, just use the mic one. I believe most 3.5 headsets have two plugs anyway; so just avoid the USB option; besides, I don't think there are many USB headsets for $20

That's what I do with this Turtle Beach x12 headset. Mic only, sound output via speaker.

If it has two plugs, just use the mic one. I believe most 3.5 headsets have two plugs anyway; so just avoid the USB option; besides, I don't think there are many USB headsets for $20

That's what I do with this Turtle Beach x12 headset. Mic only, sound output via speaker.
That's what I'm doing now but that puts the voice chat into the speakers.

Turfster

Er, if only the MIC is plugged in, then the audio can never get to the headphones, can it? Unless there's been some magic bidirectional tech over a 3-contact connection achievement in recent years, he has to plug the headset's audio cable in one of the outputs (specific headphone out? line out? depends on the sound board, I guess) and select that output for the voice in whatever soft he uses.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Wow, I just got my first Bioshock Infinite card, after 10 hours.
I didn't even know that the game had cards. :lol

RS4-

Er, if only the MIC is plugged in, then the audio can never get to the headphones, can it? Unless there's been some magic bidirectional tech over a 3-contact connection achievement in recent years, he has to plug the headset's audio cable in one of the outputs (specific headphone out? line out? depends on the sound board, I guess) and select that output for the voice in whatever soft he uses.

That's what I'm doing now but that puts the voice chat into the speakers.

Yeah sorry, totally missed the part about having voice chat coming from the headset. Whoops

drizzle

Axel Hertz

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hell yes Duke Nukeum games. I'll also get Retrovirus and Zack Zero, why the hell not. I already got Primal Fears.

The other ones I'll see when I can easily see how they are once the Groupees page is up.

I'll definitely pick up Retrovirus, as well as the greenlight games - probably the old school Duke too.

Here's hoping this gets added as a bonus.

Copons

Anyone from the US wanna help me get Dark Souls for Copons? (I'll repay via paypal)

OMFG

I was out for a concert and I just got back home and I read this and my head is like WOAH

Long story short, Accent gifted Dark Souls to me and instantly he is totally my favourite GAF user.

Now. I already knew that SteamGAF is a gentlemen community but...
If I didn't find a girlfriend already, I'd have boyfriended every single one of you. Well, no. I'd have boyfriended just Accent, and friendwithbenefitted the rest, but still.

Anyway, I had some spare keys (between bundles doubles and games I don't have but that I'd just activate for a +1 in my library) I kept for better times, but I think there won't be a time better than this one here.
I know, I know. You all already have every single one of these, but hey, it's 1 AM here and I'm a bit too sleepy to go buy 100 Bad Rats keys just for this giveaway.
So here you go. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Medal of Honor -- MB-E2BCBB8721680F6E - Taken by Bayonetta
Dead Space -- MB-4B7108AB020ADC38 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-5DAAFB5F823912B4 - Taken by chiym1992
Limbo -- MB-9B3810D8D5FBDF3C - Taken by DeadlyVirus
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-E7A1C16030F68230 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind

DTKT

Global Offensive rise in player base is kind of strange. The core game is still the same, it's just that you can make real money now. I bet that's a huge part of it's current popularity.

OMFG

I was out for a concert and I just got back home and I read this and my head is like WOAH

Long story short, Accent gifted Dark Souls to me and instantly he is totally my favourite GAF user.

Now. I already knew that SteamGAF is a gentlemen community but...
If I didn't find a girlfriend already, I'd have boyfriended every single one of you. Well, no. I'd have boyfriended just Accent, and friendwithbenefitted the rest, but still.

Anyway, I had some spare keys (between bundles doubles and games I don't have but that I'd just activate for a +1 in my library) I kept for better times, but I think there won't be a time better than this one here.
I know, I know. You all already have every single one of these, but hey, it's 1 AM here and I'm a bit too sleepy to go buy 100 Bad Rats keys just for this giveaway.
So here you go. :)

Thank you so much, love me some strategy games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Team Fortress 2 thread is dead but someone explain the crafting system to me. Apparently you need 2 weapons from the same class to get scraps or whatever. :/

I have a few boxes/crates I won't ever open (and want to sell for weapons) and a few duplicate weapons but not enough for scrap from what I'm seeing.

I just want the non-achievement weapon drops with no dupes. Why does Valve have to make it a pain in the ass to do this?

MRORANGE

Team Fortress 2 thread is dead but someone explain the crafting system to me. Apparently you need 2 weapons from the same class to get scraps or whatever. :/

I have a few boxes/crates I won't ever open (and want to sell for weapons) and a few duplicate weapons but not enough for scrap from what I'm seeing.

I just want the non-achievement weapon drops with no dupes. Why does Valve have to make it a pain in the ass to do this?

yes 2 wespons from the smae class to make scrap, collect enough scrap to make refined metal and you can do stuff with it using the blueprints.

This probably explains the system better: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Crafting

SaveFerris

Neo Member

To get you to get keep playing. The majority of crates are useless to sell after the initial first week it becomes available, but on average 1 craftable weapon = 8 random crates last time I checked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
To get you to get keep playing. The majority of crates are useless to sell after the initial first week it becomes available, but on average 1 craftable weapon = 8 random crates last time I checked.

Is there no way to sell the crates outside of third party sites? I've got them just sitting here taking up space and I have no intention of buying keys to open them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom