• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct.

Strange that the whole Dead Space series is in there except 2. They probably meant to add it in during the second week for BTA, but decided against it.

pretty sure they left it out intentionally. Giving out 1 and 3 for cheap and then putting 2 on sale....Seems pretty EA'y

Grief.exe

You don't need the high res texture mod, the game looks amazing with just dsfix. Go with the hi-res subtitle/ui mod.

Does the DS Fix UI adjustment still not work in boss battles?

I loved the minimalist UI

21-1-1348094672.jpg

That Swag Sword

Gbraga

Bought Castle of Illusion cause it's very cheap, the 60fps fix still works or was it deactivated by a patch or something?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought Castle of Illusion cause it's very cheap, the 60fps fix still works or was it deactivated by a patch or something?

There hasn't been a patch, no, and given the PC port was collecting digital dust for two months before release, I wouldn't expect one, either.

Acccent

Also, while I'm at it - time to quote that good ol' post

here's a list of mods I found and selected, in order of importance:

edit: You can also add SweetFX if you know what you're doing - I think it changes the game's look too much, I'd rather pass on HDR but keep the exact colorimetry the devs intended.

edit: For the sake of 'exhaustiveness', I'll add those even though I won't use them:

I still had some keys left from the Origin bundle. Want to get rid of them. Mirror's Edge and Populous are Origin keys. Rest are Steam keys.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 2 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-F1A8CC34DC81B11C - Taken by Stumpokapow
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-95551398D9E807D5 - Taken by Purkake4
Medal of Honor -- MB-BD3AEE912DD44DB6 - Taken by kadab
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-3005A9985B0C5E38
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-D9F82D3E4B62C28C - Taken by PandaPedinte
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-E1393288F01217BD - Taken by Spawn
Populous (Origin) -- MB-19F6BBCE654A29B3 - Taken by FauX

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh goddammit The Saboteur you piece of unstable 2009 Programming.

Game has some problems with AMD (ATI) cards still, a "stuck on loading" issue that can be fixed by changing the Process Priority in Windows and it probably doesn't like multiple CPUs either.

No wonder it never came out on Steam.. :D

Grief.exe

This seems counterintuitive.

Playing Dark Souls is never counter intuitive.

Though I literally had to stop playing Dark Souls so I could enjoy other games. The next game I played was Assassin's Creed 2...needless to say I hated it.

Oh goddammit The Saboteur you piece of unstable 2009 Programming.

Game has some problems with AMD (ATI) cards still, a "stuck on loading" issue that can be fixed by changing the Process Priority in Windows and it probably doesn't like multiple CPUs either.

No wonder it never came out on Steam.. :D

Not even on PC Gaming Wiki

You mean subjectively. I don't agree with that statement at all.

Quite the opposite.

Its a subjective opinion to not believe it is one of the best games of the generation.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
At the other end of the spectrum, Activision abandoning the James Bond licence just ~two-and-a-half months after 007 Legends released was ridiculous.
Not as ridiculous as selling Call of Duty 1 for $20.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not even on PC Gaming Wiki

To properly play The Saboteur in modern hardware, you need to:

• Force Windowed manually editing a .INI (not necessary, but makes things easier as it won't crash as much)
  • After the game is on the main menu, alt tab out of it.
  • On "Windows Task Manager" Set "Process Priority" to High
  • Set "Processor Affinity" to only 2 real cores (if you have a quad core, the game will eventually crash. If you set it to only one core, the game will stutter).
  • Wireless 360 Controllers have to be OFF when you start the game, and you can only turn them on AFTER the game has loaded, otherwise they won't be recognized as a 360 controller and the game will map all the buttons incorrectly (yes, it has official 360 controller support).
  • There's no deadzone on 360 controllers, so the slight descalibration (which is common in all 360 controllers) makes everything go nuts in menus. Works ok ingame.
The first 4 are official steps to take to play the game while they're "working on patch"... sure they are... You also have to manually do them every time you run the game, because you can't save default affinity override on Windows, afaik.

This is a sad turn of events, as the game is pretty good. Areas controlled by the nazis are rendered in Black and White. When you take them back, there's a cool transition to colored, and they stay that way. Oh well.

Edit: Oh, it also has 5 authorization limit on Installations. Great!

MRORANGE

Mafia II has a great story, I insist you play it before you get onto GTAV however, treat the games as if it wasn't a sandbox game and you will find it quite enjoyable.

Here you go!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mafia II -- MB-64051D274FB984B4 - Taken by Kifimbo. 14 entrants total.

t1380053282z1.png

Parsnip

I played through Dark Souls almost entirely as a hollow, after I was invaded once and struck with some kind of hacked weapon that drained my stats. I was able to restore my save from DSFix' backups, but that kind of sucked.

According to the DSVFix nexus page, the recent DS patch fixed that stuff? Did they release a proper changelog for that at all?

Maybe I should play it again.

Trying to sell 2 boosker packs on teh market and I get this error: You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me? I haven't sold anything in months and don't know how to figure out why this is happening, any ideas?

• Force Windowed manually editing a .INI (not necessary, but makes things easier as it won't crash as much)
  • Set "Processor Affinity" to only 2 real cores (if you have a quad core, the game will eventually crash. If you set it to only one core, the game will stutter).
  • Wireless 360 Controllers have to be OFF when you start the game, and you can only turn them on AFTER the game has loaded, otherwise they won't be recognized as a 360 controller and the game will map all the buttons incorrectly (yes, it has official 360 controller support).
  • There's no deadzone on 360 controllers, so the slight descalibration (which is common in all 360 controllers) makes everything go nuts in menus. Works ok ingame.
The first 4 are official steps to take to play the game while they're "working on patch"... sure they are... You also have to manually do them every time you run the game, because you can't save default affinity override on Windows, afaik.

This is a sad turn of events, as the game is pretty good. Areas controlled by the nazis are rendered in Black and White. When you take them back, there's a cool transition to colored, and they stay that way. Oh well.

I'll have to remember that when I'll play the game. Better do it now then.

Cheking Howlongtobeat.com stats and:

Completionist
46½ Hours

Wow, had no idea the game would be that long. What does it have in special that we can't do in one playthrough?

Turfster

Trying to sell 2 boosker packs on teh market and I get this error: You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me? I haven't sold anything in months and don't know how to figure out why this is happening, any ideas?

Market might be overloaded, or you might have already put them up but the client hasn't caught up yet. Give it 15 minutes and a couple of refreshes before trying again if they're not up yet.

Market might be overloaded, or you might have already put them up but the client hasn't caught up yet. Give it 15 minutes and a couple of refreshes before trying again if they're not up yet.

Thanks.

Also, is Dark Souls a must-buy, what about GFWL, I've never had issues with the service but I hear it's going down soon, won't that hamper the MP aspect of the game?

MRORANGE

Thanks.

Also, is Dark Souls a must-buy, what about GFWL, I've never had issues with the service but I hear it's going down soon, won't that hamper the MP aspect of the game?

Developers (well some of them) are moving away from GFWL and utilizing other services for MP like Steamworks for the Batman games.

It's a waiting game.

Developers (well some of them) are moving away from GFWL and utilizing other services for MP like Steamworks for the Batman games.

It's a waiting game.

Ah ok so, what's the word on FROM SOFTWARE moving Dark Souls from GFWL over to Steamworks? If it's possible then I'll bite.

Grief.exe

You should add this to PC Gaming Wiki

Ah ok so, what's the word on FROM SOFTWARE moving Dark Souls from GFWL over to Steamworks? If it's possible then I'll bite.

Nothing right now. They have updated the app and game several times the last month.

Anustart

Just had to share this exceptional comment from youtube with you guys. Noticed it while watching a Bastion video.

"There's tons of torrents on [REDACTED] to get this game for free, started a few myself, doing all i can to put companies like this out of business, tired of indie games being given different standards than the rest of the games, rewarding people for the lack of skill and money to make a real 3d game of this generation is bullshit"

Grief.exe

Just had to share this exceptional comment from youtube with you guys. Noticed it while watching a Bastion video.

"There's tons of torrents on [REDACTED] to get this game for free, started a few myself, doing all i can to put companies like this out of business, tired of indie games being given different standards than the rest of the games, rewarding people for the lack of skill and money to make a real 3d game of this generation is bullshit"

I'm actually more surprised that he can string together enough coherent sentences to form a thought. Hats off to him!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
super-hexagon.png

So close.

Sigh, I felt pride at lasting 10.11 seconds on Hexagonest.

We need a list of games that are so common it's hard to give them away. FTL, Bastion, Bad Rats, Hotline Miami. Everyone has them now.

FTL sure, but plenty of us are still looking for Hotline Miami. Bastion generally gets picked up rather quickly. I'm going to pretend Bad Rats doesn't actually exist.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'll have to remember that when I'll play the game. Better do it now then.

Cheking Howlongtobeat.com stats and:

Completionist
46½ Hours

Wow, had no idea the game would be that long. What does it have in special that we can't do in one playthrough?

It's a open world game with a climbing mechanic.

It's story is quite fleshed out.

chronomac

These are Origin keys I didn't realize I had until I went through my Humble Bundle library:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Populous -- MB-A657B9D10F29FE29 - Taken by chiym1992
Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-1CED0EF232A4CB41 - Taken by Kuroyume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom