• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo.

B5BVuiZ.png

They are already giving access to the beta? Damn!

Tenrius

So, anyone else not able to submit their beta participation form? I get this all the time:

Your request could not be submitted, try again later.

Maybe they don't want to ship to Russia, but I think they would have explicitly stated it, if it was true.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If the Steam OS source code is released, wouldn't you possibly be able to code your enhancements directly into the software?

Technically, yes.

Technically it can already be done. The rub is that it's against the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

Grief.exe

You know, I love having a proper, mature discussion no matter what Thread I'm in, however a bad/troll post can be much more quoted instead of a polite and logical post. Which is a shame since I always aim for Quality instead of Quantity. With that being said I really dislike consoles wars and anything related. It's simply does not add anything to this forum in my opinion. Also, there's bad threads and there's bad posters if you ask me and then, there's things like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683505

I nope'd out of that thread so fast Monk!

I read the OP, then scrolled down and read about using Oman to receive free games.

Doesn't take long to connect those dots.

Ok, I need to study now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They did not mention US only for the hardware, right?

No such restriction is mentioned on the info page and you're able to provide your full address when filling out the expression of interest form, so I assume it's not an issue.

The_Monk

I read the OP, then scrolled down and read about using Oman to receive free games.

Ok, I need to study now.

To be honest, I actually was a bit upset because he made good people lost their own time by trying to help him... Oh well.

Concentrate on your study now. ;)

louiedog

I can't figure out how to share games with this beta. I'm in the group, I've added my machine under my account, and I have friends who are also in the beta and ready to go, but I can't figure out how to invite anyone to share with me.

JustinBB7

So, anyone else not able to submit their beta participation form? I get this all the time:

Maybe they don't want to ship to Russia, but I think they would have explicitly stated it, if it was true.

I have this too, I'm from Holland so I doubt it's that, maybe EU server being dodgy :/

Tenrius

Ok, I need to study now.

Using Oman was perfectly fine though, that guy was banned for actual piracy.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This may be a dumb question, and maybe I'm just missing the point, but I'm going to ask this anyway in the hopes that one of you in this thread can enlighten me.

Okay, so about SteamOS and the forthcoming SteamMachine...

So, I already have a gaming PC that I play my Steam games on. And so does everyone else who plays games on Steam. Occasionally I even hook it up to my 61" Toshiba HDTV to play on. So then, what exactly does this SteamOS do for us? I mean I'm not giving up Win7 by any means, is that what most of you are planning to do? What about all of the other games that aren't on Steam? Are you planning to dual boot operating systems or something? Or are most people planning on building a whole new PC just to run SteamOS on? And if you did, what would be the benefits of doing so over simply running normal Steam on Windows?

And with the SteamMachine, are people hoping it will run better than their normal gaming PC's? Is this mainly targeted towards people with old weak gaming computers, or is it expected to run better than a current "high end" PC?

I think both the SteamOS and SteamMachine are neat announcements and all, but I'm failing to see what all the hooplah is about. I'm perfectly happy with the current Steam application and gaming with how Steam now works.
Maybe I'm just not getting the big picture or something? Does it have some more profound impact for gaming on Steam down the road?

Cth

Did they just change the requirements for the badge?

I could have swore there were 5 steps for level 1..

Now there's 2 levels with the legal form being level 2..

But since I completed it for level 1, I can't complete it for level 2..

Addnan

I'm waiting for my friend to get into the beta so I can share with him. If anyone here is in the family sharing beta and just wants to test this if you can work out how it works you can have access to my 600+ games. As long as you are not a lurker and can trust as much as you can trust a stranger on the internet not to do something that will get us VAC banned!

r3n4ud

Looks like Angry Birds...

Is it a very..."mobile portish" game? Or does it hold it's own as a honest-to-goodness PC game?
Much more depth than angry birds. Game is similar yes, but it involves tower defense and management as well. Quite the funny dialogue as well!

Grief.exe

Jeez Grief whatever topic I go into, you're always there to answer any question I have about steam registry shenanigans instantly. How do you do it?

It is what it is :)

You're getting all cliquey again.

Its not cliquey, I just dislike ignorance and stupidity.

To be honest, I actually was a bit upset because he made good people lost their own time by trying to help him... Oh well.

Concentrate on your study now. ;)

Getting off GAF right this moment.

It actually had nothing to do with the Oman, as far as we can tell. People found the guy posting on various piracy forums.

Using Oman was perfectly fine though, that guy was banned for actual piracy.

Ok. That is hilarious.

kidko

300 out of millions, I'm sure I'll get in!

I really just want the tiny apple tv-sized box to stream from my PC. No need for a full on PC in my living room.

knee

Question! I have a 50% off code for a game.

If the 50% offer is in my inventory, does it only apply to full retail price or will it stack on top of a sale price?

The_Monk

Did they just change the requirements for the badge?

I could have swore there were 5 steps for level 1..

Now there's 2 levels with the legal form being level 2..

But since I completed it for level 1, I can't complete it for level 2..

You don't have the Icon with the pen and a line Highlighted like the others? That's strange.

We don't know, sometimes they skip a week... but let's hope there is ;)

Thank you for answering, good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom