• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder why when someone posts a link to their profile you immediately feel the need to find everything you can about them and their friends. I'm not going to even acknowledge you anymore, you're really creepy.
I'm not the one asking for friend requests. I clicked on your profile, and it's hard to miss that mess.

I do wonder why when someone posts a link to their profile you immediately feel the need to find everything you can about them and their friends. I'm not going to even acknowledge you anymore, you're really creepy.

My theory on his thought process:

"Oh hey, this guy posted his Steam profile, let's see how he's got it set up-

"Wow. This comment section is a train wreck. I want to look away, but...it beckons."

Terrutas

Neo Member
We have people who serve the United States here, so it can get awkward...

I understand. I apologize in advance to anyone offended. It was not my or any of my friends intention. Please take it easy on the judgment, they're really good people. And we don't mean to hurt nobody. That's all it is.

I would advise you to try and get to know them. I don't think you'll regret it, but that's up to you.

Arthea

Sure, which is why I don't mind using other services if need be. For example, I have Diablo 3 on B.net, Carmageddon on GOG, The Saboteur on Origin and Tintin on Uplay.

In terms of personal library size, I'd estimate Steam > GOG > B.net ~ Origin > PSN ~ XBLA > Desura (excluding keys registered solely to obtain Steam keys) > Uplay (excluding the Steam games which propagated to my Uplay account proper).

I'd estimate mine: classic games of all kinds>gog>steam>psn/ps3>desura>xbla/360>origin
(steam might already overtook gog, with bundles and all)
not sure how many older games (on old platforms) I still have, I give them away time to time.
How about others steamgaffers?

I guess I missed since it seems to be private now fellow GAFfer.

Now I'm curious based on the answers in here
Something like this:
. . . . . . . . 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB !!! ▌
. . . . . ▌
. . . . . ▌
▄▄▄▄█▄▄ . . . . . .▄▄▄▄▄▄▄. . . PUT
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . THIS
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . ON YOUR
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . PROFILE
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . IF YOU
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . KNOW
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . 9/11
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . WAS AN
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . INSIDE
█▄█▄█▄█\ . . . . . █▄█▄█▄█\ . . JOB !!!

along with "happy 9/11" and something something "third reich" and "Hitler" and some swastika. Maybe the hitler stuff was on his friend's profile, can't remember, don't want to remember.

Cheddahz

Banned
I understand. I apologize in advance to anyone offended. It was not my or any of my friends intention. Please take it easy on the judgment, they're really good people. And we don't mean to hurt nobody. That's all it is.

I would advise you to try and get to know them. I don't think you'll regret it, but that's up to you.

It is cool man. Just sometimes jokes can get taken seriously, that's all. Anyways, did you get an invite to the group?

Milamber

All in good fun, we're all dirty on the inside.

Some of us just don't show it as blatantly or as cliched like that. IMO, it's honestly refreshing.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
My theory on his thought process:

"Oh hey, this guy posted his Steam profile, let's see how he's got it set up-

"Wow. This comment section is a train wreck. I want to look away, but...it beckons."
Yep. I don't add a lot of people because I don't play multiplayer all that much, but I always look and see if someone might play something I enjoy (fighting games, mainly). If you post your Steam profile, people are going to look at it. If it's full of horrible shit about 9/11 and nazis, people are going to judge.

Terrutas

Neo Member
All in good fun, we're all dirty on the inside.

Some of us just don't show it as blatantly or as cliched like that. IMO, it's honestly refreshing.

I dunno, I just think that in comedy nothing is sacred. And joking about those kinds of stuff may be insensitive, but how long can you cling to the past? I mean all it does is fuel you with anger and negativity. Why do it?

Alright, that's good to hear. Well, I hope you enjoy being here at NeoGAF!

Thank you, you're very nice :)

Deques

ATiIGKb.gif

Where is this from?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd estimate mine: classic games of all kinds>gog>steam>psn/ps3>desura>xbla/360>origin
(steam might already overtook gog, with bundles and all)
not sure how many older games (on old platforms) I still have, I give them away time to time.
How about others steamgaffers?

I won't lie: I completely forgot about my physical game collection, haha. I around 50 physical PS3 games and about 20 physical X360 games, so I'd wager, when coupled with PSN and XBLA purchases, that'd put the PS3 ahead of GOG (but behind Steam) and the X360 ahead of B.net (but behind GOG).

you guys really like creepy, don't you? (><)
pillows, mouse pads, profiles

I feel compelled to point out that it's not actually my pillow and I was legitimately joking having a custom cover myself. All my pillow covers are bland and boring!

O Tavares

Neo Member
Have you guys watched Gabe's speech at Linuxcon where he hints at the Steambox, once again?

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzn6E2m3otg

If you have the time, I strongly suggest you watch the whole thing. He kind of explains his vision for Steam and PC gaming in general. Very interesting, and it's easy to understand how Steam is such a successful platform with a guy like him on top.

Also, Gabe stated we will have more news next week on how Valve will help Linux become an important gaming platform through hardware, with a unified system between PC and living room. Could this be the first peek at the Steambox?

The_Monk

Going to a fast (I hope) dentist appointment now, but before I go I would like to some to people that have played Memoria, what do you think about the game? Are the puzzles too hard or frustrating? That would be my main concern to be honest.

See ya soon.

Also, don't go look at my profile and don't write bad things in it, I'm a good person fellow GAFfers.

Sorry. I just wanted to be added to the Steam group, not start this mess.

I know; best just to draw a line under it and move on.

Do me a favour though? Don't call people a creep and tell people to grow a spine. That sort of attitude is not endearing and not conducive to your GAF account surviving to full member status, if you're not careful.

I'm not trying to be unpleasant and sorry if I'm not wording it well; it's the best I can manage today. Welcome to GAF; please play nice.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I know; best just to draw a line under it and move on.

Do me a favour though? Don't call people a creep and tell people to grow a spine. That sort of attitude is not endearing and not conducive to your GAF account surviving to full member status, if you're not careful.

I'm not trying to be unpleasant and sorry if I'm not wording it well; it's the best I can manage today. Welcome to GAF; please play nice.

It's also not conductive to start derailing a thread by discussing how messed up me and my friends are for posting ascii comments on each others' profile. It's really none of his business what goes on in my profile, and if he doesn't like it, he can just close it and leave.

Regardless, I'm not trying to justify what I said and I already apologized. Once again, I'm sorry.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
DYE - Fantasy.

Good song. NSFW.

EDIT: Depending on how strong your stomach is it might be slightly NSFL.
This didn't gross me out when I watched it some time ago but maybe I'm too used to crazy shit in animation (it'd be pretty disgusting if it was live action though). This analysis from a youtube comment makes it more interesting than disturbing imo:

"It's about sexuality. When she jumps&#65279; in the pool and sees the thing in her bathing suit, it's her own sexuality trying to get a hold of her. She's scared of it, and therefore she sees the others being sexual as monstrous, hence their appearance. After she jumps into the second time to go to that other world, she sees the massive beast, which is her own sexuality, and that realization... Makes her eyes explode. *nod*"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's gotta be getting tough at this point right?

I generally don't take bonuses into account when purchasing other bundles, but mainline HIBs are something of an event in their own right, so I think the chances are good that one of the bonus games might be, say, a recently-greenlit title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom