• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys watched Gabe's speech at Linuxcon where he hints at the Steambox, once again?

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzn6E2m3otg

If you have the time, I strongly suggest you watch the whole thing. He kind of explains his vision for Steam and PC gaming in general. Very interesting, and it's easy to understand how Steam is such a successful platform with a guy like him on top.

Also, Gabe stated we will have more news next week on how Valve will help Linux become an important gaming platform through hardware, with a unified system between PC and living room. Could this be the first peek at the Steambox?

Thank you for reminding me that I need to watch this video. It's in my watch later list.

Also we discussed it a bit on the old thread.

Dark souls just patched through steam.

Any ideas what that is about?

So far, we came to this conclusion:

tumblr_lg0cmnCWgQ1qgj4fzo1_250.gif

Edit: Beaten.

It's also not conductive to start derailing a thread by discussing how messed up me and my friends are for posting ascii comments on each others' profile. It's really none of his business what goes on in my profile, and if he doesn't like it, he can just close it and leave.

Regardless, I'm not trying to justify what I said and I already apologized. Once again, I'm sorry.
Very nice to meet you.

It's also not conductive to start derailing a thread by discussing how messed up me and my friends are for posting ascii comments on each others' profile. It's really none of his business what goes on in my profile, and if he doesn't like it, he can just close it and leave.

Regardless, I'm not trying to justify what I said and I already apologized. Once again, I'm sorry.

If you're not happy about how you are being treated in this thread, PM a Moderator. Your defensive/aggressive response to it is not helping.

Now I'm logging off; I don't feel well enough to even read the crap in this thread let alone try and calm it down.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I wanted to say something about Rayman Legends, but then this happened.
Need some popcorn, brb.
Actually, that's what I wanted to say about Legends as well. Those credits are looooong! :/

Cheddahz

Banned
Need some popcorn, brb.
Actually, that's what I wanted to say about Legends as well. Those credits are looooong! :/

I still need to play it (I've only put in four hours or so), but I have been really busy lately and GTAV came out today...so yeah

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Need some popcorn, brb.
I think Ubi just credits every one at every dev for every game. Like we are just looking at their employee masterlist and that's why the credits always take 20 minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has there been any confirmation that Assassin's Creed 4 is coming to Steam at some point before launch?

AssCreed 3 went up about two weeks before release, so I wouldn't worry just yet. I actually e-mailed Ubi a couple of months prior to this asking when it (and Far Cry 3) would be available to pre-order via Steam but received the usual "we have no [new] information regarding future releases" non-answer.

Turfster

Has there been any confirmation that Assassin's Creed 4 is coming to Steam at some point before launch?

Ubi still treats PC as a redheaded stepchild, so if they hold true to form, the PC release will be 1-6 months after console release, let alone a steam release. They usually get released pretty much out of the blue too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe we'll get synchronized launches in the future!!

I actually think there's something of a chance that AssCreed 4 PC won't be delayed:

The only reason I think a simultaneous PS360-PC release is actually possible this time around (though I'm not holding my breath) is that delaying the latter would put it up against Watch Dogs, and while Ubi could simply delay Watch Dogs PC into December to space them apart a tad, publishers tend to avoid the month.

Time will tell.

Huh, I guess not.
I know AC3 was a month later, and I remember AC2 and Brotherhood being 5 months later

Revelations was a begrudgingly-acceptable two weeks late to the PC. I wish Ubi had stuck with that instead of throwing darts at a calendar.

Milamber

Ugh, friend is giving me his sealed PC version of LEGO Batman 2. So happy to get it until I found out it's not SteamWorks. Why WB, why!?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm not sure if I want AC4 or Watch_Dogs day 1 this winter. I don't want both especially because I think Far Cry 3 will finally hit the right price during a sale soon too and I play Ubi games with careful spacing.

In the hope of dispelling some of the earlier unpleasantness, here is a tiny giveaway.

Disclaimer: This code MAY already be used as it is from a long time ago and I haven't properly kept track. If this turns out to be the case I apologise.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Exodus -- MB-7735257B09CCF241 - Taken by Terrutas

The_Monk

I wouldn't be counting on some members here.

Well, to be honest I have nothing but good things to speak about this fine Community fellow GAFfer.

Everyone is mostly kind, polite and very helpful. People help each other and I really like that spirit in here. It's great to see people discussing games, sharing opinions and every time someone is having an issue with his game, help is always found in here. Sure, nothing is perfect (I once got a Hate PM from a member) but it's the People who build the Community, not the other way around.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but someone found a new Humble Bundle on the Steam database.

Focus Entertainment Bundle, including Divinity II, Realms of Ancient War, A Game of Thrones, Confrontation, Cities XL 2012, and Blood Bowl Legendary Edition.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I actually think there's something of a chance that AssCreed 4 PC won't be delayed:

Time will tell.

Revelations was a begrudgingly-acceptable two weeks late to the PC. I wish Ubi had stuck with that instead of throwing darts at a calendar.

This explain the lack of a release date for Stick of Truth, they are missing the calendar.

Ugh, friend is giving me his sealed PC version of LEGO Batman 2. So happy to get it until I found out it's not SteamWorks. Why WB, why!?

Maybe that is the reason he gave it to you? XD

Derrick01

Banned
I'm not sure if I want AC4 or Watch_Dogs day 1 this winter. I don't want both especially because I think Far Cry 3 will finally hit the right price during a sale soon too and I play Ubi games with careful spacing.

They're going to play almost exactly the same so decide if you like modern cities or that whole old-school pirate theme more.

Terrutas

Neo Member
Well, to be honest I have nothing but good things to speak about this fine Community fellow GAFfer.

Everyone is mostly kind, polite and very helpful. People help each other and I really like that spirit in here. It's great to see people discussing games, sharing opinions and every time someone is having an issue with his game, help is always found in here. Sure, nothing is perfect (I once got a Hate PM from a member) but it's the People who build the Community, not the other way around.

You're right. I just wish I could've avoided the whole thing altogether. I wasn't speaking about the entire community when I said that. Not at all, I made some effort to join this forum for a reason.

In the hope of dispelling some of the earlier unpleasantness, here is a tiny giveaway.

Disclaimer: This code MAY already be used as it is from a long time ago and I haven't properly kept track. If this turns out to be the case I apologise.

Thank you for the giveaway. That's very kind of you.

same here, especially given that they are basically both the same game with different skins. I just hope they don't AssCreed Watch Dogs are start pumping them out once a year.

Derrick01

Banned
...that's ore or less what I was saying.

So which setting do you prefer? I'm only getting both if a retailer holds a buy 2 get 1 free on ps4/xb1 games but right now I'm going with Watch Dogs if I had to make a choice. I like modern settings more and to be honest I was pretty fed up with the sailing by the end of the missions in AC3. A whole game based around that doesn't sound too appealing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So which setting do you prefer? I'm only getting both if a retailer holds a buy 2 get 1 free on ps4/xb1 games but right now I'm going with Watch Dogs if I had to make a choice. I like modern settings more and to be honest I was pretty fed up with the sailing by the end of the missions in AC3. A whole game based around that doesn't sound too appealing.
I'd prefer the tropical, but I know I'm getting Far Cry 3 soon too which is more tropical stuff to stare at so it isn't wise, but I still loved the shit out of the boat stuff in AC3. It's probably gonna just be a last second decision.

Grief.exe

same here, especially given that they are basically both the same game with different skins. I just hope they don't AssCreed Watch Dogs are start pumping them out once a year.

Ubisoft recently said that they do not even invest in games if they do not have the potential to become a franchise.

Expect Ubisoft to pump out Watchdogs 2 as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom