• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

urgh... last two pages...

Here's a prize up for grabs:

330x192

What is the most underrated game on Steam that no one plays?
Could be gameplay/mechanics/story/visuals - but tell us why.
Winner chosen at 1800GMT (3+ hours from this post.)

If it sells well they are going to AssCreed Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs ends with Desmond stepping out of the Animus. Aiden is a future descendant of the brotherhood of Assassins.

mindblown.gif

Ubisoft recently said that they do not even invest in games if they do not have the potential to become a franchise.

Expect Ubisoft to pump out Watchdogs 2 as soon as possible.

We have a new IP...let's run the mother into the ground.

Momentary

Banned
In the future... I guarantee you that you'll see some kind of Assassin's Creed X Watch Dogs cross over when the former game's time line catches up to that of the latter game.

Anyone one else feel like we'll be able to get to 8 Steam threads by the end of this year?

chronomac

330x192

Fortix ($0.99) and Fortix 2 ($1.99)

They are simple games but highly addictive. They are a lot like the 80's game Qix, in that you separate pieces of the map with lines that follow your character. If you're able to make it to another part of what the game calls the base line then you gain back a section of the map and trap any enemies or forts trapped within. It starts off really easy and ramps up smoothly, with the last stages presenting a welcome challenge. It's hard not to recommend both games for how cheap they are but the second improves on almost everything in the original, including a new graphics style, the addition of puzzle elements like keys and gates, and more levels and enemies. Again, these are short games that are cheap and, as a bonus, will get your Steam cards too, which is nice. They might even pay for themselves.

gabbo

In the future... I guarantee you that you'll see some kind of Assassin's Creed X Watch Dogs cross over when the former game's time line catches up to that of the latter game.

Anyone one else feel like we'll be able to get to 8 Steam threads by the end of this year?

Have Assassin's Creed sales numbers kept up over the years? If yes, then I could definitely see a brand crossover, though that would also depend on WatchDogs doing well itself.

Grief.exe

At this pace we should be able to get to 9 threads.

I'm just lucky I am not particularly interested in any of Ubi's properties.
Don't have to deal with Uplay.

Arthea

lamulana.pic

judging by my games, it has to be Prime World: Defenders, only Xelios and I play it, I think. Dunno why, because it's an enjoyable game and I like basically everything about it, can't even begin to guess why nobody plays it.
Does it qualify?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have Assassin's Creed sales numbers kept up over the years? If yes, then I could definitely see a brand crossover, though that would also depend on WatchDogs doing well itself.

AssCreed 3 is actually the best-selling title of the franchise, which is undoubtedly why there's a "4" present in Black Flag's full title.

oipic

Not sure if this has been brought up, but someone found a new Humble Bundle on the Steam database.

Focus Interactive Bundle, including Divinity II, Realms of Ancient War, A Game of Thrones, Confrontation, Cities XL 2012, and Blood Bowl Legendary Edition.

Thanks, Baron.

Detective/Steam RegistryGAF, does the name of said entry indicate that this might be a full fortnight-long Humble Bundle (Focus certainly have a whole raft of options that could be added at the mid-point), or could it merely be a weekly sale thing?

Ulterior motive for asking: wondering how (if at all) this might impact the timing of that mysteriously elusive X bundle.

maneil99

New Humble bundle leaked, Focus is the Developer

Standard

• Divinity II: Developer's Cut

RAW - Realms of Ancient War

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl: LE - Activation Key

Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition (

• BTA
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Wargame: European Escalation + DLC

The_Monk

Thanks, Baron.

Detective/Steam RegistryGAF, does the name of said entry indicate that this might be a full fortnight-long Humble Bundle (Focus certainly have a whole raft of options that could be added at the mid-point), or could it merely be a weekly sale thing?

Ulterior motive for asking: wondering how (if at all) this might impact the timing of that mysteriously elusive X bundle.

I would like to know this too, fellow GAFfer.

EDIT: Answered above, thanks!

Also, is the time between "found this Bundle on Registry" to "Bundle is live now" a short time?

chronomac

Standard

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

• BTA

None of those games have cards. Can anyone speak to their quality?

Miker

Word of warning to those who are planning on buying Amazon's Tomb Raider/Sleeping Dogs/Hitman Absolution pack (paging Grief.exe):

I bought mine about half an hour ago and the Tomb Raider key says it's a duplicate. The Sleeping Dogs and Hitman keys worked, though.

Fake edit: it looks like the bundle is offline regardless. They're probably fixing it now.

oipic

judging by my games, it has to be Prime World: Defenders, only Xelios and I play it, I think. Dunno why, because it's an enjoyable game and I like basically everything about it, can't even begin to guess why nobody plays it.
Does it qualify?

Prime World: Defenders is on my wishlist, due to Xel's review, and I'll definitely pick it up one day... but price (I don't think it's dipped under $10 yet) and a lack of word-of-mouth might've been barriers to its success thus far.

Looks like a very solid title with high production values that warrants more attention, but perhaps it has simply suffered due to a general malaise regarding anything labelled 'tower defence'?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's so sad lol
wow.

From what I've heard it sounds like a janky mess, that's sad.

Here are some numbers:

Assassin's Creed: 8 million as at April 2009
Assassin's Creed II: 9 million as at February 2010
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: 7.2 million as at May 2011
Assassin's Creed Revelations: 7 million as at February 2012
Assassin's Creed III: 12 million as at February 2013

While interest in the franchise certainly waned circa Brotherhood and Revelations, I think it's quite likely that all the numbered entries are over 10m at this point.

Standard

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

• BTA

Very nice. I'll be picking it up for the BTA games and, so long as the keys are separate, I should be able to share Divinity II, Bloodbowl and Game of Thrones (presuming it's the RPG).

baconcow

Here are some numbers:

While interest in the franchise certainly waned circa Brotherhood and Revelations, I think it's quite likely that all the numbered entries are over 10m at this point.

ACII and Brotherhood are the best games.

gabbo

Here are some numbers:

With those numbers, even if the initial Watch Dogs fails, they could shove it into a future AssCreed and help it that way.

None of those games have cards. Can anyone speak to their quality?

Divinity is a reasonable RPG. There's a recent thread here.

I personally really enjoyed Game of Thrones. It's definitely lacking in polish, but if you can stick with it for the first four chapters or so, the story may well suck you in.

Bloodbowl is a decent adaptation of the tabletop game, so if you ever played that, you'll probably enjoy it. It's also fun if you can get a league going. If neither of those things are true, it's possibly not for you.

Here are some numbers:

Yeah but what were the onlive numbers?

Jawmuncher

Standard

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

• BTA

Nice i'll grab it just for Game of Thrones. You know is it me or does it seem that developers are doing sales on steam before doing a humble sale. It's funny that wait for the bundle is a actual thing now.

nacimento

Standard

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

• BTA

Beautiful... Amazing bundle (again)

kulapik

330x192

Pid. It's an awesome platformer, with awesome graphics and very cool mechanics. The story is not that good, but it doesn't really matter at all.

Im_Special

Standard

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

• BTA

Aren't most of those games in that Focus Humble Bundle choke full of Securom/TAGES DRM, does Humble Bundle even sell stuff like that?

Knurek

Totally digging Borderlands, hits that Kingdom of Amalur 'one more mission before sleep' vibe. I can see why (some) people here hate it, sure, but it hits all the right spots for me. Would be my GOTY if I had friend to play with, I guess. Still a great experience.

I just wish the game didn't have respawning enemies (maybe in some select areas) - it would be a much tighter experience, if you wouldn't be able to grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom