• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Need some help here guys.

naamloostherz.png

two things :

1 I pre ordered Agarest war but as you can see there is no pre install button .

is this a problem or has the game simply no preinstall option ?

2 For a while now Half life source seems like it is trying to update but nothing happens at all . ( put it on pause for the shot)

What is going on ?

1) The latter

2) Try verifying the game's cache (right-click -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache)

valouris

I understand that in order to be eligible for booster packs you have to "sign in" to Steam at least once a week. Does that mean that your pc has to be online and you have to have Steam open, or does it mean that you have to sign in to your Steam friends list?

I default offline for the friends list every time I open Steam, and it might be a week sometimes before I go online, but I want to be eligible for booster packs. I have never gotten one even though I have depleted plenty games of drops, that is why I started worrying about it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The images aren't showing because you copied the wrong text and so the URLs are truncated. When viewing the "Thanks! Here's your post code!" PM, scroll down to the Quick Reply box, where you can copy ModBot's message in full.

How daft of me. Thanks.

Need some help here guys.

naamloostherz.png

two things :

1 I pre ordered Agarest war but as you can see there is no pre install button .

is this a problem or has the game simply no preinstall option ?

2 For a while now Half life source seems like it is trying to update but nothing happens at all . ( put it on pause for the shot)

What is going on ?

1. Not all games have pre load, and the ones that have the pre load button appears a few days before the release.

2. HL3 ARG incoming. Sorry no idea.

Grief.exe

Hah, thanks! I need to finish the other BioShocks first. This is another way-down-the-line backlog purchase

Bioshock 2 has a huge Steamworks update incoming, wait for that to drop.

I have no ETA as to when this will release though, right now the update is in a holding pattern for some reason.

3phemeral

Bioshock 2 has a huge Steamworks update incoming, wait for that to drop.

I have no ETA as to when this will release though, right now the update is in a holding pattern for some reason.

Thanks for the warning. I'll keep on the lookout and wait until then. Maybe I should start early to keep myself busy until the update rolls around before I get to 2.

Grief.exe

How you do that, no space between images in grid view?

Someone wrote up a good guide, I can't seem to find it though.

He has a shitty laptop and runs most games at 480p, he posts his screenshots in these threads pretty consistently.

Stallion has been taking some really pretty Dark Souls screenshots lately. Here's a recent favorite.

Going from vanilla to that... fuck.

That is quite a spectacular shot.

Vecks

urgh... last two pages...

Here's a prize up for grabs:

330x192

What is the most underrated game on Steam that no one plays?
Could be gameplay/mechanics/story/visuals - but tell us why.
Winner chosen at 1800GMT (3+ hours from this post.)

Book of Unwritten Tales.
I know point and click adventure games aren't popular to begin with, but Book of Unwritten Tales is without a doubt one of my favorites in the entire genre. It doesn't strive to be unique, just highly refined and wonderful. I never had to resort to using a guide to solve the puzzles because most of them are solvable just by exploring through the choices available. The voice acting is really good. The story and the writing is full of fun parodies, references and jabs to many popular series like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Harry Potter. The characters are mostly likable. And the visuals, while not top class, are still really good for what it is.

Jawmuncher

I understand that in order to be eligible for booster packs you have to "sign in" to Steam at least once a week. Does that mean that your pc has to be online and you have to have Steam open, or does it mean that you have to sign in to your Steam friends list?

I default offline for the friends list every time I open Steam, and it might be a week sometimes before I go online, but I want to be eligible for booster packs. I have never gotten one even though I have depleted plenty games of drops, that is why I started worrying about it.

Yeah I believe you need to be online on the friends list.
If anything just set your status to away if you will be gone a long time

Cth

urgh... last two pages...

Here's a prize up for grabs:

330x192

What is the most underrated game on Steam that no one plays?
Could be gameplay/mechanics/story/visuals - but tell us why.
Winner chosen at 1800GMT (3+ hours from this post.)

Monster Loves You

From a visual standpoint, it utilizes hand drawn artwork.

Gameplay wise, it's a throw back to the old C64 era game ALTER-EGO where you make choices about the life you lead and it affects the story outcome. There are multiple endings so it'll take a while to unlock everything. Storywise it has a lot of styles -- aggressive, philosophical, etc. It's the kind of game that has something for all ages. Mature storytelling, but without being too much for younger audiences -- sort of like a Pixar film in a way. Some RPGish elements (in so far as deciding what type of monster you want to become -- aggressive, etc)

It comes with cards, and at the time prices were still good. I don't think it's been in a bundle yet so chances are prices may still be high.

Different endings:
ss_6cc87f82af89a1fcda7588910ef10ee8a7afca7c.1920x1080.jpg

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbeXf3mFGfY

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
not if you're buying it for the super interesting gameplay

Has that defence ever worked? Didn't work for those playing certain PC Qix clones, it's not working for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F players, I'm not sure it'll work here. The truth is a side issue of little importance.

Cth

Thanks to Turfster I went with groupees bundle, but now I have extra keys as I only wanted Fortix and surprisingly the music. So enjoy.

No idea about why the images aren't showing.

Weird, I entered for the Zombie game and it only shows one entrant which isnt me :D

The_Monk

I liked what i've played from War In The North. I'm no LoTR's fan, but the atmosphere in that game was great. Too bad about all those enemy waves, though.
It's pretty clear they want you to play in co-op, and i'm more of a SP guy. :p

I can relate with that fellow GAFfer, I actually played on the PS3 and there was only one time I decided to play a bit of Co-op Online. It ended up being quite fun, actually.

Like you said, I played mostly for the atmosphere that was indeed amazing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dark Souls internal renderer set at 1440p, sogood.gif

I'd seen some comparison shots prior to playing the game so I'm not sure how I managed to miss the fact that the internal resolution hadn't changed, haha.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this. There are reports of people receiving boosters while offline, but that doesn't quite answer the question. Submit a ticket to Support if you want to be sure.

1 thanks

2 all files are verified but it still says download starting but nothing happens.

Ah, I thought if some files didn't verify that Steam would snap out of its trance. The files successfully passing the verification check implies that they're all up to date, so if the game's "download" stalling is bothering you, I'd just uninstall it for the time being.

I can relate with that fellow GAFfer, I actually played on the PS3 and there was only one time I decided to play a bit of Co-op Online. It ended up being quite fun, actually.

Like you said, I played mostly for the atmosphere that was indeed amazing.

I loved the game, I'm a sucker for that kind of hack and slash games, I really enjoyed the story, music and gameplay.

If you play the game be careful of a bug on the last boss of the game, if you quit the battle midway there's a bug and when you try to play again the boss won't spam, so you are basically stuck. Luckily I managed to fix it by downloading a previous savegame from PSN+ cloud storage.

maty

Since I've just won, I'm giving something back. Everyone probably owns them already.

I might do another giveaway later but I need to find the keys xD

Anyway, enjoy!!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-F31E1C41BAE32BD3 - Taken by valouris
Nightsky -- MB-094B471D089E5BE4 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-B9B22E52B22FD3BA - Taken by Bouniter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-AD6864EC0AD79D73 - Taken by The Super Bob

The_Monk

I loved the game, I'm a sucker for that kind of hack and slash games, I really enjoyed the story, music and gameplay.

If you play the game be careful of a bug on the last boss of the game, if you quit the battle midway there's a bug and when you try to play again the boss won't spam, so you are basically stuck. Luckily I managed to fix it by downloading a previous savegame from PSN+ cloud storage.

I played and finished that game long time ago fellow GAFfer. Got the Collector's Edition for 20€ and played it from Start to finish.

Grief.exe

I forgot, Tripwire games always blow up my router when joining a game fails.

For example, if I join a full game. My router has to be reset.

Bouniter

Since I've just won, I'm giving something back. Everyone probably owns them already.

I might do another giveaway later but I need to find the keys xD

Anyway, enjoy!!

Thanks for SS I promise I will actually play it ^_^

edit: It appears that it has added both Encounter 1 and 2 to my library is this meant to happen?

Chavelo

Anyone got any spare keys from the weekly humble bundle with the Duke Nukem/Shadow Warrior/System Shock 2 pack? Got FTL, Mark Of The Ninja and Trine 2 keys if you wanna trade. :D

Hinomura

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-8D8818243895D937 - Taken by Blablurn. 1 entrants total.
Fortix -- MB-296D659A23349A0D - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-D3B94D003120B375 - Taken by Shambles. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-B22DD46474FC4BE0 - Taken by Spawn. 8 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-146EE7A809D4AA4C - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
Hamilton's Great Adventure Plus DLC -- MB-9AE0CC62C6B4966B - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants. 9 entrants total.
Mac Guffin's Curse -- MB-43AC89AB94D7072E - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-812A3802A743EEAF - Taken by Xanathus. 1 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-FCC31FD7587DE416 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

t1379437190z1.png

EDIT: Finally gave away Origin codes to a good fellow! :)
Waiting for PES and Deadly Premonition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom