• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

To all the amazing members with the amazing words towards myself, thank you very much. I'm glad those games found a good home. I'll be waiting for your impressions since I will need to know if I should pick them in the future or not. I know it's not the best AAA titles out there but I wanted something that could make more people happy,hence why I tried to spread the love. I'm just happy most of you liked and took the time to reply back in the thread. :,)

Some ModBot notes:
I slightly changed the way ModBot does draws. Previous to now MB did 2 regular draws and 1 raffle draw as needed every 45 seconds. Now ModBot does a maximum of 3 draws every 45 seconds as needed. This reflects that raffles are becoming more popular. It will make mega-giveaways slightly faster, although not so fast as to remove the mystery of watching the draws slowly pull and ratcheting up some tension.

Thank you for this fellow GAFfer, I was worried that I could had somehow messed up because they were so many keys and last time I checked only key was redeemed. But then I saw they were starting to appear redeemed as time went by.

masterkajo

Was away for a couple days and just got back. So, SteamOS, SteamMachines and SteamController...

I am speechless.

The controller looks really interesting. Would love to hear some impressions, see some videos or try it for myself to fully understand it though. Singed up for Beta access and crossing my fingers now.

Oh, and btw, awesome giveaways the last pages. (Next time I will have to plan my vacation more carefully as to not miss them)

Was away for a couple days and just got back. So, SteamOS, SteamMachines and SteamController...

I am speechless.

The controller looks really interesting. Would love to hear some impressions, see some videos or try it for myself to fully understand it though. Singed up for Beta access and crossing my fingers now.

Oh, and btw, awesome giveaways the last pages. (Next time I will have to plan my vacation more carefully as to not miss them)

it's basically a console from Valve, but they aren't taking the responsability of imposing hardware restrictions to developers and keeping a open platform

Leks

All these positive developer impressions of the Valve controller

ishXpnDqHhMzM.gif

Is that ModBot at the end of the gif?

JustinBB7

All the impressions so far for the controller sound great. I'm surprised at the amount of people that want to get into the beta. Chances are still small to actually get one of course but I thought more people would enter it.

MRORANGE

Went to EuroGamer Expo yesterday...

Overall if you wanted a nextgen consoles for visuals then your are going to be severely disappointed. If you have a PC that can play games on high or above. At this moment consoles are playing a catch-up game, even games like Killzone had visual problems such as terrible rain effects and slowdown in MP when things became too congested. Xbox One had other issues like no AA in BF4 Multiplayer although it was playing in a 64 multiplayer match at 60fps.

Oculus Rift is amazing, but the two problems I had were the low resolution screens inside the devices which hindered the experince, considering your eyes are so close to the optical device and screen you really do need a high density screen. I'm not even sure HD will suffice maybe 4k/8k. But for immersion it's fantastic, definitely a new way to play games

jkvK7uLszi3GM.jpg

jbliBdEbSJrGat.jpg

Wolfenstein, plays like a mixture of Bioshsock/COD, it's great as in the demo I was getting flanked by the enemy AI who went behind me as I decided to attack them from above, Seems like a very solid shooter.

This was the Minecraft tournament...

jbe0XB5UgrwLQx.jpg

Dark Souls II was a lot easier to play with the regen mode., Devs are adding a more simpilifed combat mode as well.

jQdxJBbRHcBSB.jpg

I'm kidding.

Doom piano!

jbxA7dt3zRURTY.jpg

This was the playstation queue after 30mins...

iGKxDF2yJGERS.jpg

Xbox queue

jlsmhY81oFIOW.jpg

The new playstion controller is almost perfect. The triggers are miles better and tons better than the bumpers, not on par with 460 triggers imo, it's also very light and the trackpad is going to be great for PC gaming if it ever gets drivers.

iZ1dpYik2dYKz.jpg

If you liked the 360 pad you are going to love the new xbox pad, the Dpad is just fantastic to use, I might even say it's better than the current ps3 Dpad. the triggers are slightly bigger (same as ps4) and it's insanely light. My only gripes is the plastic they used on the front of thing as it fells really cheap.

ieObOl3Cx5L86.jpg

Xbox One is about the same size as a VCR.

iIBmRgIHhNbnk.jpg

Ps4 looks smaller but wider...

i71UT4l2lEnoV.jpg

Played Hotline Miami 2, it's amazing, the music is even better than the first game, gameplay identical to the first game. Rape scene is still in the demo build of the game.

iBArgAiYUGmcI.jpg

jrIMCzve43bHo.jpg

There were a ton of new indie games as well, can't wait to pick them up on Steam, couldn't take photos of WatchDogs but it really is amazing.

The_Monk

I love those photos fellow GAFfer, thank you for taking your time and posting them as well posting your impressions.

I wish I could have been there. If I had a proper PC by now Dark Souls II would be pre-ordered since the first day I've heard about it, still not sure how I'm going to play that game, but I will. There's no way I will miss that one. Really hoping for better days to come next year.

Oh and I can't wait for the DS4 too, loving the controller so far.

Li Kao

lol Todd just changed his avatar!

image.php

Yeah and I must say Todd is the first gaffer to totally beat google inverse image search :-(
I use it more and more with all the intriguing avies of Gaffers, but here, the search engine cries for help. So Todd, if I'm not blind and this is indeed always the same girl you use as an avatar, WHO is she ?
The people want to know.

Yeah and I must say Todd is the first gaffer to totally beat google inverse image search :-(
I use it more and more with all the intriguing avies of Gaffers, but here, the search engine cries for help. So Todd, if I'm not blind and this is indeed always the same girl you use as an avatar, WHO is she ?
The people want to know.

She plays Pam Beesly in the Office. Don't know her real name though.

The people want to know.
Don't drag the people into this, the people already know. Jenna Fischer.

The people want to know.
That's Pam.

Now, what is my avatar from?

Good luck to all of you, amazing fellow GAFfers.
Thanks, The_Monk. This was a nice thing to wake up to.

I have my coffee in hand, fellow java fan. Tomorrow is National Coffee Day (at least here in the States).

I'm actually shocked this game has the second most number of entrants, hahaha. Ouch.

theytookourjobz

I'm kinda late on the Steam news but is there talk of a cheap box that you can connect to your TV and stream games from your PC to? Like nvidia shield?

Li Kao

That's Pam.

Now, what is my avatar from?

Don't know but the art style looks awfully familiar to my ex-comic reader eyes.
And Rickenslacker stop, you're not seeing the full picture, I took the Jobs approach : you didn't know you wanted to know before I asked, that's how wonderful I am.

Knurek

Does anyone know if PES 2014 already came out for PC? If so, why isn't it on Steam?

Konami pls.

Available in retail for the last two weeks, there's even a 0.01 version of community patch.

Konami rep said on twitter they will try to put it on Steam whenever he knows when it will come out. smh

Available in retail for the last two weeks, there's even a 0.01 version of community patch.

Konami rep said on twitter they will try to put it on Steam whenever he knows when it will come out. smh

Thanks. I was hoping it would be Steamworks this year, bummer.

Retne

The people want to know.

Fair warning: You probably don't want to reverse image search my avatar when around children or at work.

Also cool pictures Mr. Orange. I'm interested to see how this console war shakes out but it's good to know I won't have any trouble with PC games for a little while still.

Hotline Miami 2 will be a day one for me! I do wish they had gone a different direction with the music instead of it being more of a retread. I wish they had at least gone a bit more in the direction of 90s style EDM since the music for the first one fit the 80s so well. I coulda seen some big beat style stuff or maybe some jungle but instead we get the usual four on the floor stuff. Then again I haven't heard the entire soundtrack and I could just be judging too early. Either way I need some more blood pumping action where I'm sitting on the edge of my seat swearing like a sailor and pressing retry over and over again.

Your post was lost in the shuffle of the controller news, so I just want to say congrats!

I've played this a bit with the keyboard and was getting ok, but I dropped it for a few months and came back to it last night. I decided to try the controller, and it seems as though using the shoulder buttons gives me slightly more precision (it feels like a tap on the keyboard moves the arrow more than a tap on the button). I think I may try to convert and play with the controller.

I know Rionaa beat the game also. If you (or anyone else who beat this game) read this, what control setup did you use?

Like Rionaa said I would just give the different control methods a go and see which you are most comfortable with.

I began with using the d pad on a dualshock 3 and then moved to a mad catz 360 controller using the shoulder pads. I never tried using a mouse as I as playing it on my laptop.

neoemonk

Hahaha, thanks for this. Very funny.

I played a little more, got up high to some very narrow ledge and got blindsided my a lightning bolt. This was after being eaten by a mimic earlier as well.

Sorry I am the guy who is going to invade you and shield push you off the ledge just before reaching the bonfire.

Goddamn, DkS is my favorite game ever

I can't stay alive long enough in this game to not be hollow, but I appreciate the sentiment. If I ever finish this game maybe I will do the same. Invading in Sen's Fortress seems downright evil.

Tenrius

Again I come to a point where I'm not sure what Steam game I should play. Between being somewhat ill and awfully busy, it's kinda hard to sit down and play something for several hours straight, so I end up trying different games for a bit at various times.

Don't know but the art style looks awfully familiar to my ex-comic reader eyes.
And Rickenslacker stop, you're not seeing the full picture, I took the Jobs approach : you didn't know you wanted to know before I asked, that's how wonderful I am.

Thank you, Li Kao, that's one of GAF's many mysteries solved for me.

Now, Baconsaurus Rex, reveal yourself (or at least your avatar).

Grief.exe

Overall if you wanted a nextgen consoles for visuals then your are going to be severely disappointed. If you have a PC that can play games on high or above. At this moment consoles are playing a catch-up game, even games like Killzone had visual problems such as terrible rain effects and slowdown in MP when things became too congested. Xbox One had other issues like no AA in BF4 Multiplayer although it was playing in a 64 multiplayer match at 60fps.

Gross

I wish next-gen consoles hadn't skimped so much on power. The One is really going to be holding visuals back this generation.
Essentially, would have been outdated in 2010...

The one positive is I don't have to upgrade.

Oculus Rift is amazing, but the two problems I had were the low resolution screens inside the devices which hindered the experince, considering your eyes are so close to the optical device and screen you really do need a high density screen. I'm not even sure HD will suffice maybe 4k/8k. But for immersion it's fantastic, definitely a new way to play games

Were you playing the 720p version? Or the 1080p version?

Dark Souls II was a lot easier to play with the regen mode., Devs are adding a more simpilifed combat mode as well.

jQdxJBbRHcBSB.jpg

I'm kidding.

That was a dirty, dirty trick!

The new playstion controller is almost perfect. The triggers are miles better and tons better than the bumpers, not on par with 460 triggers imo, it's also very light and the trackpad is going to be great for PC gaming if it ever gets drivers.

Too bad the Steam controller wasn't on display.

Oh shit. The beta is already out for the first thousand?

I believe the first 3000 are in now.

Is that ModBot at the end of the gif?

I made sure to leave the Terminator in at the end! You were then first to notice.

Cheddahz

Banned
Again I come to a point where I'm not sure what Steam game I should play. Between being somewhat ill and awfully busy, it's kinda hard to sit down and play something for several hours straight, so I end up trying different games for a bit at various times.

Give me a list of games you wanna play and I'll pick one for you!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They haven't bothered realeasing it on Steam yet, but it's available on Gamesplanet.

Konami sure knows how to reach the PC digital userbase!

I honestly cannot understand this.

PES has been terrible for the past decade, and Fifa 14 was on sale for like 20 dollars pre-order.

Even though I'm Brazilian, I hate all soccer videogames, but you're not losing much by not playing PES (WING ELEVEL as most of my Brazilian peers would say, incorrectly) anymore...

hitmon

Anybody else having problems checking out with Green Man Gaming? I'm trying to see if their 20% off voucher stacks with the current 75% off Batman AC GOTY. Tempted even though GFWL is still present.

After adding the item and clicking checkout, it just goes to a blank basket.

They haven't bothered realeasing it on Steam yet, but it's available on Gamesplanet.

Konami sure knows how to reach the PC digital userbase!

I honestly cannot understand this.

Yeah, it's like the only place where they don't have to compete with FIFA. Also, Football Manager is one of the most played games on Steam.

How blind is Konami?

Grief.exe

Yeah, it's like the only place where they don't have to compete with FIFA. Also, Football Manager is one of the most played games on Steam.

How blind is Konami?

Trying to ascertain the motivations behind Japanese publishers is like trying to rationalize an insane person.

Their decisions are devoid of sense and rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom