• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Give me a list of games you wanna play and I'll pick one for you!

Oh man, that list is going to be too long. I suppose limiting it to adventure games only would work though, I've been feeling like playing one of those for a while:

adventuregamesd3ulc.png

(please excuse my rather loose classification)

Not pictured are the games I've beaten and the Sam & Max games (I've played through seasons 1 and 2).

Other than that I was thinking to maybe play some RPG games. Among those the most likely options would be: a replay of The Witcher 2 (to finally see the Iorveth's path), some Spiderweb game (probably Geneforge or Avadon, I have most of those available on Steam, but the only one I finished is Avernum: Escape from the Pit), Ys I+II, Fallout 3 (reading through the Wool series put me in the mood and I've never really played Fallout 3, despite being a fan of the first two and liking New Vegas), maybe Alpha Protocol.

And on top of that, I have a number of quality action and action-adventure titles that came out pretty recently like Far Cry 3 (actually pretty neat), Tomb Raider (played for a few hours, wasn't that into it) and Saints Row IV (I won it from a ModBot giveaway and didn't like it very much, as I expressed previously in this thread). Finally, I could venture into the realm of true masterpieces and play Thief 1-2 and/or System Shock 2.

Turfster

Depends on if you want something 'short' or are in for the long haul.
If you're in for the long haul, by all means, go for Thief/Shock.
Otherwise, finish Monkey Island 2 first before doing any of the others.

Oh man, that list is going to be too long. I suppose limiting it to adventure games only would work though, I've been feeling like playing one of those for a while:

Not pictured are the games I've beaten and the Sam & Max games (I've played through seasons 1 and 2).

Other than that I was thinking to maybe play some RPG games. Among those the most likely options would be: a replay of The Witcher 2 (to finally see the Iorveth's path), some Spiderweb game (probably Geneforge or Avadon, I have most of those available on Steam, but the only one I finished is Avernum: Escape from the Pit), Ys I+II, Fallout 3 (reading through the Wool series put me in the mood and I've never really played Fallout 3, despite being a fan of the first two and liking New Vegas), maybe Alpha Protocol.

And on top of that, I have a number of quality action and action-adventure titles that came out pretty recently like Far Cry 3 (actually pretty neat), Tomb Raider (played for a few hours, wasn't that into it) and Saints Row IV (I won it from a ModBot giveaway and didn't like it very much, as I expressed previously in this thread). Finally, I could venture into the realm of true masterpieces and play Thief 1-2 and/or System Shock 2.

Play Cherry Tree High Comedy Club it is fun and short.

MRORANGE

Gross

I wish next-gen consoles hadn't skimped so much on power. The One is really going to be holding visuals back this generation.
Essentially, would have been outdated in 2010...

The one positive is I don't have to upgrade.

Were you playing the 720p version? Or the 1080p version?

It was the one of the beta dev kit devices so 720p.

valouris

1)Monkey Island 2
2)Machinarium
3)Still Life
4)Papers Please

Would be my opinion, in order of preference :) If you have played Monkey Island 1 and you liked it, 2 is bigger, better, stronger, faster and funnier. An excellent game.

Also, from the other games, Far Cry 3 is surprisingly good and good fun as well.

Cheddahz

Banned

Monkey Island 2 is excellent

Parsnip

That Arkham City GOTY 75% off at greenman looks really attractive. Looks like the latest 20% off voucher goes on top of that as well.

The_Monk

9i4TmPtl.png

After about 10 Hours I finally finished Dead Space fellow GAFfers. Because of the lack of time and the fact that I've been tired I tried to play one Chapter each day.

This is a great game to test your surround sound and it's a blast if you have a decent audio setup. While using Headphones will increase your immersion having something like a 5.1 System should be interesting to play this game.

I played with a 360 Controller but there was two times during the game that I have to switch to mouse since I was having some difficulties because it was needed some precision.

The setting is great for what the game is all about, dark areas, lights failing on you and the fact you are always alone even when someone talks to you it's great for the immersion. I played the game using only one gun, the default one (but I have upgraded to the Max). Every time you get another suit you feel the need of upgrading it just to feel more protected. From all the Dead Space games I've played this is by far the best one in my honest opinion. If I could change some things it would be to give us more background history about the different types of enemies or just less types of enemies because I feel that, some of them are just to random (based on their looks). I can now say that I've played:

- Dead Space 1
- Dead Space 2
- Dead Space Extraction (HD Version)
- Dead Space 3 DEMO

I saw some people getting Dead Space 2 when it was on sale this week and saying they never played none of them. I recommend you guys to at least try the first one and then the second one if you are liking what you are playing. (RionaaM, I'm looking at you :p )

Turfster

My main problem with Dead space 1 (apart from the horrible mouse controls thing) is that it really telegraphed its jump scares way too far in advance. Tried to play the second one on PS3, but didn't get anywhere because jesus christ I sucked at that game with a controller =p

Dec

9i4TmPtl.png

After about 10 Hours I finally finished Dead Space fellow GAFfers. Because of the lack of time and the fact that I've been tired I tried to play one Chapter each day.

This is a great game to test your surround sound and it's a blast if you have a decent audio setup. While using Headphones will increase your immersion having something like a 5.1 System should be interesting to play this game.

I played with a 360 Controller but there was two times during the game that I have to switch to mouse since I was having some difficulties because it was needed some precision.

The setting is great for what the game is all about, dark areas, lights failing on you and the fact you are always alone even when someone talks to you it's great for the immersion. I played the game using only one gun, the default one (but I have upgraded to the Max). Every time you get another suit you feel the need of upgrading it just to feel more protected. From all the Dead Space games I've played this is by far the best one in my honest opinion. If I could change some things it would be to give us more background history about the different types of enemies or just less types of enemies because I feel that, some of them are just to random (based on their looks). I can now say that I've played:

- Dead Space 1
- Dead Space 2
- Dead Space Extraction (HD Version)
- Dead Space 3 DEMO

I saw some people getting Dead Space 2 when it was on sale this week and saying they never played none of them. I recommend you guys to at least try the first one and then the second one if you are liking what you are playing. (RionaaM, I'm looking at you :p )

I think I made the mistake of starting with 3. I thought it was terrible, and a bad port to top it off. I own 1 and 2 but I was looking for a game to coop with my wife. Maybe one day I'll check the first ones.

Grief.exe

2VsnabQ.png

DayZ looking very close!

Great impressions Monk! You are spot on about the surround sound in the game.
I have head phones with amazing audio positioning and it makes it almost too scary to play these types of games!

I think I made the mistake of starting with 3. I thought it was terrible, and a bad port to top it off. I own 1 and 2 but I was looking for a game to coop with my wife. Maybe one day I'll check the first ones.

Worst of the series. Don't you love how publishers focus test a game into oblivion?

Turfster

Borderlands 2 48 hour deal for base game (67%) and DLC (50%) on greenmangaming, if you can get through the payment procedure ;)

Daily: Binding of Isaac 80% off, making it 99€c for those 3 people that don't have it yet.

Parsnip

Let me know if you are able to stack, I've been having trouble applying the 20%.

This -20% code from their blog worked for me.
GMG20-WS93W-R39MD
Down from 7.49€ to 1.49€. :p Every penny saved counts. :)

Make sure you don't copy any invisible extra spaces before or after the code when you paste in the voucher, I have had that happen and tore my hair out trying to figure out why it didn't work.

The_Monk

My main problem with Dead space 1 (apart from the horrible mouse controls thing) is that it really telegraphed its jump scares way too far in advance. Tried to play the second one on PS3, but didn't get anywhere because jesus christ I sucked at that game with a controller =p

I didn't even tried Keyboard + Mouse fellow GAFfer. I went straight to the 360 Controller and never had an issue except for something that required some good aiming (not with enemies).

I only played the Demo of Dead Space 3 but from what I could see it was the less "Dead Space Experience" if you know what I mean. It's way more about Shooting a lot more enemies with more weapons and a lot more of "Grab this piece of armor for ONLY 30 cents!" Perhaps you can take turns with your wife with the first one. :p

Great impressions Monk! You are spot on about the surround sound in the game.
I have head phones with amazing audio positioning and it makes it almost too scary to play these types of games!

Thank you good sir! With October-November just around the corner I was preparing myself for the Halloween theme.

Retne

Binding of Isaac is discounted but not the DLC. Interesting. I think that's the first time I've seen that when it's gone on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd

the void is great, play the void

Retne

Spread a little cheap love.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Binding of Isaac -- MB-C00767FAB6EB94B8 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 3 entrants total.

t1380389319z1.png

Dec

I only played the Demo of Dead Space 3 but from what I could see it was the less "Dead Space Experience" if you know what I mean. It's way more about Shooting a lot more enemies with more weapons and a lot more of "Grab this piece of armor for ONLY 30 cents!" Perhaps you can take turns with your wife with the first one. :p

Yea I think the main issues were parts of the menu not even being able to be accessed with keyboard and mouse. I had to turn my controller on to see mission log and scavenger bot status, then turn it off after. Perhaps just a Dead Space problem in general; I thought controls were clunky, kind of felt like Resident Evil 5 but you could move while aiming, after fixing the FOV it got a bit better.

Some Origin problems, and always enabled voice chat. You had to mute before the game was started or else you were stuck with it on.

I feel like I could put up with the controls in the first games considering what type of games they are. 3 perhaps just tried to turn into a shooter without having the mechanics to do it.

Freezard

I also played with the 360 controller and it was great, I tested the mouse and the sensitivity was way slow even on max, the game got some technical problems on that side.

I love the setting in Dead Space even though only having played the first one (and Extraction a bit), but if you want to know more about it and the story I recommend reading the novels/comics. Especially the prequel novel is amazing, would never expect a video game novel to be so good.

Tellaerin

Who wants to be this fellow? I just got him from doing a mission and I have no idea who name him after

Feel free to name him after me! And keep me updated on his horrible maiming and/or death epic adventures with your squad. : )

Alternately, name him "Bill Rizer".

Knurek

Who wants to be this fellow? I just got him from doing a mission and I have no idea who name him after

There should be a mod for XCOM that will automatically name your soldiers after Cannon Fodder characters.

Jools, Jops, Stoo, etc...

Would be awesome.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Pakkidis

WTF Just happened?!?! I created a GMG account to buy Batman AC but it won't let me because you have to 17 years and older. I checked my account and I accidentally set my birth date to 1999 :( and now it won't let me change it to the real date.

MNC

WTF Just happened?!?! I created a GMG account to buy Batman AC but it won't let me because you have to 17 years and older. I checked my account and I accidentally set my birth date to 1999 :( and now it won't let me change it to the real date.
Just create another account

Grief.exe

I would recommend using Paypal.

If you are an American, buying from GMG can cause issues with your credit card.

Crayons

Banned

I did the same thing about a year ago, except it was set to my real birth date. I made a new account.

Pakkidis

I did the same thing about a year ago, except it was set to my real birth date. I made a new account.

Seriously?!? I sent them an email, I really hate this. grrrrr.... I am hoping this gets resolved, something tells me I need to create a new account.

Dec

Seriously?!? I sent them an email, I really hate this. grrrrr.... I am hoping this gets resolved, something tells me I need to create a new account.

I don't see any reason they wouldn't change it for you. Wait for a reply at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom