• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
who needs gta?

header.jpg

Not me. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679369

I don't even need Hot Wheels. I have SEGA All Star Racing Transformed where Danica Patrick can fire wheels on fire.

I could do with some games in the vein of Crazy Taxi and stunt racing that is akin to figuring out a puzzle though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
No idea about why the images aren't showing.

Because you didn't follow the directions to quote the PM from Modbot--you just copied and pasted the text inside quote tags. IMG tags don't show in PMs, copying and pasting the text copies and pastes the visible portion of the URL which is truncated, and then when you go to post the images don't show up. Same reason why the ModBot PM link doesn't show up as a link. No harm, no foul, but that's why the directions are there. :p

Sajjaja

Sajjaja plays every game like that.

He has a shitty laptop and runs most games at 480p, he posts his screenshots in these threads pretty consistently.

Thats one of his Dead Space screens. 1024x600

You guys are so kind, posting my 1024x600 screenshot. Why not the 640s or the 800s? :p

This is probably my most famous one. 800x600
0E3720D2478706DD676BFFDEB8FC04B23B02E66C

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169872000

EDIT: Oh here's an even lower resolution one. Street Fighter 4. 720x480
8D86F1A42C8E703193421A949E23CAE39AB715D2

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167670552

I can run it at a higher resolution, but the Arcade Edition has some weird problems that causes stuttering.

Turfster

Daily: Psychonauts 80% off
Midweek:
- Age of Empires III complete 66% off
- Gunpoint 50% off

Some really good deals today.

sibarraz

Banned
I'm one of the guys who enjoyed AOE III back in the day, since the competitive thing was never my thing, I always found cool that every civ felt so different from the rest (I know that they shared lots of units but still)

Plus the metropolis thing was cool imo

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks Hinomura. I now have over a dozen friends playing FTL, addicted to it all.

Daily: Psychonauts 80% off
Midweek:
- Age of Empires III complete 66% off
- Gunpoint 50% off

Some really good deals today.

First Fortix and now Psychonauts, this thread just keeps making me buy more.

I do highly recommend Gunpoint to anyone who hasn't bought it yet. Good game play, generally humourous, fun all the way to the end and of course comedy noire is just a good genre.

Turfster

I do highly recommend Gunpoint to anyone who hasn't bought it yet. Good game play, generally humourous, fun all the way to the end and of course comedy noire is just a good genre.

Yep. And it has branching storylines for replayability!

sibarraz

Banned
gunpoint is a great game, really enjoyed it

More considering that I won it after a deadly giveaway of 8 keys where 7 consisted of bad rats keys

even though I wouldn't have minded winning that game since I want to know what is so bad about it

Hinomura

Does anybody know (Stumpokapow for sure!) if it's possible to remove the errors reported by modbot from the quote?

More precisely the "you reposted previously not taken keys" error:

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for XXX was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Sajjaja

gunpoint is a great game, really enjoyed it

More considering that I won it after a deadly giveaway of 8 keys where 7 consisted of bad rats keys

even though I wouldn't have minded winning that game since I want to know what is so bad about it

It's racist among other things lol. Bad rats I mean.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for MacGuffin's Curse! One of the games that was the poster child for the "great indie games that Steam won't accept fuck Valve indies rule" backlash of 2010-2011. Looking forward to trying it.

Does anybody know (Stumpokapow for sure!) if it's possible to remove the errors reported by modbot from the quote?

More precisely the "you reposted previously not taken keys" error:

Everything inside the ModBot quote can be edited or removed. The only thing that needs to be visible is the MB-STUFFGOESHERE code. But obviously for user friendliness you don't want to remove the rules or whatever :p

MRORANGE

urgh... last two pages...

Here's a prize up for grabs:

330x192

What is the most underrated game on Steam that no one plays?
Could be gameplay/mechanics/story/visuals - but tell us why.
Winner chosen at 1800GMT (3+ hours from this post.)

And the winner is Ledsen! Add me on Steam so I can gift you the game.

ZIL1Z.png

Take Super Meat Boy. Now remove his legs and drop him from a great height. That is Nimbus. You are a momentum-driven spaceship whose only means of acceleration is gravity. As you fall, you gain speed. As you rise, you lose it. This deceptively simple mechanic combined with dozens of deviously designed but pleasantly short levels creates the sort of lasting appeal that will have you returning again and again, because you almost had it that last time, if only you could nudge yourself over that... last... ledge... New and interesting mechanics are introduced at a pleasant pace but quickly turn against you as you fail again and again. Despite the games difficulty, you will rarely feel frustrated as the developers managed a smooth difficulty curve throughout. And if you somehow get angry at it, the pleasant and soothing music will quickly calm you down. It took me over a year to finish this game, in short spurts between other, more laborious experiences, and it kept me engaged the entire time. It's always puzzled me that this game didn't arise to the pantheon of the Great Indies alongside such games as the aforementioned Super Meat Boy. I encourage everyone to play it!

02zp9.gif

KS2AH.gif

(thanks to GAF OT for pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom