• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

I am pretty dead set on making an appreciation thread on Singleplayer Trading Card Games, especially the ones with overworld, a story and/or "quests" etc. Anyone have some to name?

Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon Trading Card Game, Magic the Gathering: Shandalar are probably the prime examples because of the popularity of the real cards. Then there is stuff like Baten Kaitos and Card Hunter. Others?

I've been playing Shelter on Android. It's on iOS as well. It's part card game and part castle defense. Quite a neat and fun game. Not sure it's a game you're looking for though. Sorry if not.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/shelter-scg

I like your idea for an appreciation thread on these types of games :). Always enjoy them and find that there is not enough of them out there...

Is there anyway to fix Sacred 2's small text? I bought the Gold edition off Amazon for the summer sale but can't play it when the text is microscopic at 1080p.
I hate when games don't scale HUDs for higher resolutions. *stern glare at Human Revolution*

If it gets too bad I just suck it up and play at *shudder* 720p.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've been playing Shelter on Android. It's on iOS as well. It's part card game and part castle defense. Quite a neat and fun game. Not sure it's a game you're looking for though. Sorry if not.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/shelter-scg

I like your idea for an appreciation thread on these types of games :). Always enjoy them and find that there is not enough of them out there...

Thanks, noted.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You have no idea, there are like 50 Yu-Gi-Oh games split into several portable consoles.

Oh I absolutely have an idea :p Thankfully I played a shit ton of them already, but most of them are just the same game with a minor addition and some more cards anyway. I'll put game series as one entry in the list. The research mostly refers to game mechanics, and I know the game mechanics of Yugioh well enough to compare it to other games.

Edit: And I am certainly not saying that I'll have this thread up anytime soon.

NIN90

Erm... I just got done going from Win7 32bit to 64bit and now I lost all my save files? Even with Steam Cloud games!
What the fuck? Am I missing something? Because I don't see no syncing option.

Turfster

Erm... I just got done going from Win7 32bit to 64bit and now I lost all my save files? Even with Steam Cloud games!
What the fuck? Am I missing something? Because I don't see no syncing option.

Did you transfer over your user directories? Games love putting savegames in \Users\<login>\AppData\Local and \Users\<login>\AppData\Roaming. Then there's the ones that put savegames in \Users\<login>\My Documents, or the ones that just pick a random directory...
Steam Cloud savegames should automatically download when you run the game if local copies are missing.

Knurek

Edit: And I am certainly not saying that I'll have this thread up anytime soon.

Remembered a few more:

SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters (Neo Geo Pocket and Nintendo DS)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Trading Card Game (Nintendo DS)
Trade & Battle: Card Hero (Game Boy Color) and Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero (Nintendo DS) - Japan only, notable by being first party Nintendo title
Monster Rancher Battle Card GB - Game Boy Color

NIN90

Did you transfer over your user directories? Games love putting savegames in \Users\<login>\AppData\Local and \Users\<login>\AppData\Roaming. Then there's the ones that put savegames in \Users\<login>\My Documents, or the ones that just pick a random directory...
Steam Cloud savegames should automatically download when you run the game if local copies are missing.

No I didn't do that. I thought that's what Steam Cloud's job is.

Toma

Remembered a few more:

SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters (Neo Geo Pocket and Nintendo DS)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Trading Card Game (Nintendo DS)
Trade & Battle: Card Hero (Game Boy Color) and Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero (Nintendo DS) - Japan only, notable by being first party Nintendo title
Monster Rancher Battle Card GB - Game Boy Color

Awesome, thanks. On my list now too. I will likely stop checking this thread all the time (I want the quote function back :( ), so if you remember anything else, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM.

Dec

No I didn't do that. I thought that's what Steam Cloud's job is.

Steam Cloud games should work. I've gone to a different country, used a different PC and loaded my save no problem, not sure why it wouldn't work unless disabled.

The files in your documents folders have to be manually backed up of course.

Kifimbo

Added a few games:

10/08/2013 - Cook, Serve, Delicious! - Simulation - Vertigo Gaming/Vertigo Gaming - $XX.XX
Em05pds.png

10/08/2013 - Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Racing - Iceberg Interactive/Gamepires - $XX.XX
10/08/2013 - Farming Simulator 2013: Official Expansion - Simulation - Focus Home/Giants Software - $14.99
TBA - James Pond - Pond is Back! - Action - System 3/Gameware Europe - $XX.XX

Dec

SP shutting down too?

Not sure. News article on the official site.

Skylords,

Today we bring sad news to the world of Nyn as the rift between our worlds is coming to a close, and with this we come to the unfortunate retirement of BattleForge.

The decision to retire older games is never easy. We hope you’ve enjoyed playing BattleForge as much as we enjoyed making it and we wish to extend our sincerest thanks to all of our passionate and dedicated players for supporting BattleForge over the past 4 years. Those of you who still have a balance of in-game currency are encouraged to spend it before the game is shut down on October 31st and is no longer available for play.

fantomena

Sad to see that many next-gen games (Watch Dogs, ACIV, Killzone, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 etc.) will still have either 1080p + 30 FPS or 720p + 30/60 FPS.

It's so freaking good to have gamer PC and enjoy 1080p + 60 FPS.

I guess my GTX 690 will be going strong in quite some time.

Sad to see that many next-gen games (Watch Dogs, ACIV, Killzone, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 etc.) will still have either 1080p 0 30 FPS or 720p + 30/60 FPS.

Yea it's hard to be a gamer of both console and pc. I try to go back on console and notice jaggies a lot more often now. In Halo reach the blue bar on the hud has noticeable jaggies ,i don't think i would notice that as much if i didn't game on PC.

maneil99

Sad to see that many next-gen games (Watch Dogs, ACIV, Killzone, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 etc.) will still have either 1080p + 30 FPS or 720p + 30/60 FPS.

To each his own, personally I can't wait for the PS4, no need to worry about drivers or anything, Killzone SF looks amazing for me but I am fine with 30 FPS but I can see why others may not be able to enjoy those kinds of framerates

fantomena

To each his own, personally I can't wait for the PS4, no need to worry about drivers or anything, Killzone SF looks amazing for me but I am fine with 30 FPS but I can see why others may not be able to enjoy those kinds of framerates

Im getting both Xbone and PS4, but PC will be my main gaming plattform.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Yeah, because those are really hard to download and double click once every month (when we're lucky) when a new release comes out.

I never worry about drivers, i just download and play[probably set the setting and that's all]. I was going to get a ps4 but then they started to charge for online.

rtcn63

The Game Boy Color killed the Neo Geo Pocket, I hope you all burn in hell.

Mirror's edge was pretty great. It would have been even better without the forced combat sections breaking my flow.

I stopped playing near the end due to all the swat guys. Became less about parkour and more about not being shot.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Mirror's edge was pretty great. It would have been even better without the forced combat sections breaking my flow.

One of my favourite games of all time. Can't wait for ME2.

Twinduct

Man I would love some 'bundle' manager. So many of these bundles have Soundtracks or just packaged an installer. So having to manually download each one is driving me crazy (IDM doesn't work on Groupees & Humble).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Man I would love some 'bundle' manager. So many of these bundles have Soundtracks or just packaged an installer. So having to manually download each one is driving me crazy (IDM doesn't work on Groupees & Humble).

That manager is called Steam.

I might as well not have the games that don't redeem on Steam.

Yeah, the game is a blast. I really wish there were more people playing.

Hook me up with one of those "there's nobody on this server, so here's a key of the game so you can give it to a friend and play it with him oh please god save us" keys and I will most certainly
not
play it
since my backlog is huuge

BiggNife

Are you sure about that? Mine says I have 5 drops.
i8noqs4ZUxLOm.png

I am showing 5 drops on my page.

Maybe try contacting steam support to see if they can help.

Well, that's really friggin weird, because I definitely only got two drops:

jHwCz7uyLMnsk.PNG

Does steam support actually help with things like this? It's not really a big deal, but I do feel kind of gypped because I bought the game fair and square so I should have those other three drops.

Well, that's really friggin weird, because I definitely only got two drops:

Does steam support actually help with things like this? It's not really a big deal, but I do feel kind of gypped because I bought the game fair and square so I should have those other three drops.
Did you happen to get dupes of Cammy and Ken?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are you only looking at that screen? Because that screen only shows how many different cards of the collection you have, it doesn't signify if you got multiples. Check your inventory.

Added a few games:

10/08/2013 - Cook, Serve, Delicious! - Simulation - Vertigo Gaming/Vertigo Gaming - $XX.XX
Em05pds.png

10/08/2013 - Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Racing - Iceberg Interactive/Gamepires - $XX.XX
10/08/2013 - Farming Simulator 2013: Official Expansion - Simulation - Focus Home/Giants Software - $14.99
TBA - James Pond - Pond is Back! - Action - System 3/Gameware Europe - $XX.XX

CSD Launching October 8th on Steam!
SEPTEMBER 28 - CHUBIGANS
I'm happy to announce that Cook, Serve, Delicious will be launching on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux on October 8th for $8.99 (10% off for one week only)! The store page is now live: http://store.steampowered.com/app/247020

Since my last update detailing the new features of CSD for Steam I've added fifty new spam emails, more options and improved game performance even further. I can't wait till launch! Woo!

A special topic has been created on how to obtain your Steam key for those who have already purchased the desktop version. You can find the details as I get them here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247020/discussions/0/864980153147332444/

Thanks everyone for all the votes, and here's to a fun launch!

CSD going to be $9.99, but $8.99 for the first week.

If you want to buy it now, and get your steam key later when it's out and give more money to the dev, go through the humble bundle store here: http://www.vertigogaming.net/blog/?portfolio=cook-serve-delicious and click on the humble widget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom