• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of SFxT, they really Capcpomed on all the stuff. All of the backgrounds consist of two characters pasted onto a pure black backdrop. All of the emoticons have this transparency artifacting.

iMDMUJ9odlxZNpIATo9KLDCMBuHbGHgcjfhBGqppAotBy_urxnQwTvnvjv5o7wSmPZkf8o5aOgSG9VwCq2oDjEzP6OvYfCNM-LLC-HGlGqF3ykKo0AVnXo79TUriLRPdFpXo9oJ3ck_4o4ihYPMW4DvBF_WCUjYU0a5OQuAjQNkO1uWj

And a couple of the badges themselves have some problems. The level 5 badge cuts off on the left and top, the foil badge was blown up from a lower resolution.

0c53bb19a8d1edafb831879fba09c1eaef5a4296.png
8244e822ae5d61417f381df524afad9ef08604fa.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nice. How do you find them ?

Open link in new tab instead of clicking it. Clicking it triggers the asynchronous javascript in-line widget display; open link in new tab bypasses that. Alternatively if you disable javascript and click it you'll get the URL.

Copons

Almost 7 hours in Dark Souls and I basically hate Accent now. :D

I'm at one point where I have to traverse the white light but hey, people always told me to stay the fuck away from the white light, so I'm there, very far away from the nearest bonfire and I can't bring up the nerves to push A to go on. :'(

Also, in the middle of all of this, there is a dark knight that isn't supposed to guard anything but I want to kill him nevertheless. I followed this lame strategy found on the interwebz where they said to lure him to a narrow bridge where he just couldn't fit and let him fall down.
Well, it doesn't work at all. He passed the narrow bridge and hit me with his huge greatsword from above, breaking my guard and oneshotting me. Thank you interwebz.

Meanwhile, I'm cursing like a compilation of The Wire corner boys and dockworkers, and everytime my gf says "oh you're dead, again?", and I always fake zen patience explaining to her that "no, see, in this game you're supposed to die so it's fine. really", but instead I'm thinking "oh please go back interior-designing your Sims 3 house or checking documents for Arstotzka and stuff, this here is some friggin cool game for cool men with huge beards and extreme skillz".

Man I love this game. More than I could have wildly imagined.

Twinduct

For Humble Bundle, they have BitTorrent links for all the ancillary stuff. That's the best way to download the soundtracks.

lAPklta.png

My ISP blocks P2P like crazy!
Hell My connection got flagged for trying this and it took me two weeks of constant reassurance that it's completely legal!

MRORANGE

Speaking of SFxT, they really Capcpomed on all the stuff. All of the backgrounds consist of two characters pasted onto a pure black backdrop. All of the emoticons have this transparency artifacting.

iMDMUJ9odlxZNpIATo9KLDCMBuHbGHgcjfhBGqppAotBy_urxnQwTvnvjv5o7wSmPZkf8o5aOgSG9VwCq2oDjEzP6OvYfCNM-LLC-HGlGqF3ykKo0AVnXo79TUriLRPdFpXo9oJ3ck_4o4ihYPMW4DvBF_WCUjYU0a5OQuAjQNkO1uWj

And a couple of the badges themselves have some problems. The level 5 badge cuts off on the left and top, the foil badge was blown up from a lower resolution.

0c53bb19a8d1edafb831879fba09c1eaef5a4296.png
8244e822ae5d61417f381df524afad9ef08604fa.png

You expected Capcom to be on top of this card stuff?

iXEJsPXme3W95.gif

Turfster

Dammit. Didn't log into Steam for half a week, got the "You've got 1 new item" message on boot.
"Cool", I thought, "a booster pack." but no, it's yet another shadow warrior 10% off coupon.

louiedog

Dammit. Didn't log into Steam for half a week, got the "You've got 1 new item" message on boot.
"Cool", I thought, "a booster pack." but no, it's yet another shadow warrior 10% off coupon.

I'm apparently the only person not getting these. I do own the game. Maybe you have to pay them to stop.

Turfster

I'm apparently the only person not getting these. I do own the game. Maybe you have to pay them to stop.

There's a... small difference between the two I still have in my inventory (I had another one, but that expired).
One says Owners (I assume this is the Hard Reset one) and is valid until the end of november, the other's valid to the end of october.

Well, that's really friggin weird, because I definitely only got two drops:

jHwCz7uyLMnsk.PNG

Does steam support actually help with things like this? It's not really a big deal, but I do feel kind of gypped because I bought the game fair and square so I should have those other three drops.

You should still be able to get the rest of the drops. My badge page didn't even have SFxTK show up until I actually got a card. Even then it said I had no drops remaining but I was able to get all 5 drops.

Nabs

I'm at one point where I have to traverse the white light but hey, people always told me to stay the fuck away from the white light, so I'm there, very far away from the nearest bonfire and I can't bring up the nerves to push A to go on. :'(

Also, in the middle of all of this, there is a dark knight that isn't supposed to guard anything but I want to kill him nevertheless. I followed this lame strategy found on the interwebz where they said to lure him to a narrow bridge where he just couldn't fit and let him fall down.
Well, it doesn't work at all. He passed the narrow bridge and hit me with his huge greatsword from above, breaking my guard and oneshotting me. Thank you interwebz.

Meanwhile, I'm cursing like a compilation of The Wire corner boys and dockworkers, and everytime my gf says "oh you're dead, again?", and I always fake zen patience explaining to her that "no, see, in this game you're supposed to die so it's fine. really", but instead I'm thinking "oh please go back interior-designing your Sims 3 house or checking documents for Arstotzka and stuff, this here is some friggin cool game for cool men with huge beards and extreme skillz".

Man I love this game. More than I could have wildly imagined.

Which white light?

I might have to pull a Stallion Free and just delete this game. I'm on my 4th playthrough and can't stop.

Oh, it's just not linked to regular Titan Quest, it's sold as a separate thing. That's slightly less bad. It's still weird they don't do it as a DLC add-on, given that it's not stand-alone.

I think they actually set it up this way before Steam's DLC system was fully in place and just never bothered to go back and fix it. I think there's a lot of PC games from the mid-2000s (back when expansion packs were still a thing) that are treated the same way.

Yea it's hard to be a gamer of both console and pc. I try to go back on console and notice jaggies a lot more often now.

I was yelling at Nirolak because this never used to happen to me, but I saw Arkham City being played on a console the other day and it looked so crappy. :(

Tenrius

I always wanted to try that game but never got around to it. Looks like it's shutting down next month.

Damn, I didn't know. It was pretty good — made by people who made the Spellforce games. I had my fair share of fun with it, used to play it a lot in 2009-2010 with some friends. Don't think I'd ever get back into it. Still a shame though.

SP shutting down too?

Yes, it's all in one package.

Tenrius

I remember spending like 6 hours in the Undead Burg, trying to kill the black knight and experimenting, that was when I first played the game. Afterwards, I got the hang of it and it went much smoother. The combat is really simple if you think about it — dodge, block, strike, roll away, wait for stamina to recover, roll, backstab, rinse and repeat.

valouris

I'm assuming he is talking about the white light before the big bridge in Undead Burg...yeah

Keep on going my man, there is plenty more to enjoy. I am not that far ahead of you, but I feel much safer in the game now than I did back then, maybe foolishly so... we shall see

btw that dark knight is probably not meant to be killed at this point. It is possible of course, this is Dark Souls, but very hard.

Cheers

zkylon

zkylewd
Have you disabled steam guard recently? If so, that sucks, because they remove trading and market capabilities for several weeks. Had it happen to me during the summer sale -_-
It's been acting weird for a past week or so. Opt in and out of the beta update, might help. Maybe you just have wait for a while.
reloging fixed it

weird

ty!

Seriously tho: just don't read stuff on the internet unless you desperately need to! going through the white light is fine :)
yup, try to go as blind as you can. if you see something you feel like killing, try it, fail, then try again until you feel like there's no hope, then maybe check a guide

or come back in 20 hours with a big ass upgraded sword and destroy that bitch

Acccent

or come back in 20 hours with a big ass upgraded sword and destroy that bitch

yeah, because often when you see something that looks immensely hard compared to the rest of the area, it means you probably should try to find another path, and the game will lead you back here later on.

Tenrius

yeah, because often when you see something that looks immensely hard compared to the rest of the area, it means you probably should try to find another path, and the game will lead you back here later on.

A lot of people would assume it's the only possible path and hopelessly try to do it, just because "it's Dark Souls, it's supposed to be hard and unfair". Yeah.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wandered into the graveyard early on because I just assumed skeletons would be easy to kill as, well, they're skeletons. Nope.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Silly Jase. They 'died' but are still not dead. They're obviously hardcore.

But in literally every other game, early skeletal enemies are nothing but fodder! "Dark Souls isn't like most other games", I hear you say: a lesson well learned. ;)

But in literally every other game, early skeletal enemies are nothing but fodder! "Dark Souls isn't like most other games", I hear you say: a lesson well learned. ;)

But those skeletons are fodder. After beating the game ten times they are not really any challenge to me at all.

BiggNife

Has anyone here played Dysfunctional Systems?

I just got a foil card that sells for $4 so I don't know if I should spend an extra dollar and buy it or just put the money into completing card sets.

zkylon

zkylewd

dks is a cruel teacher, but an effective one if you're willing to listen :)

Blizzard

Banned
If you play the game properly you never fire a gun so precise aiming is not a factor.

I did the entire game in never-touch-a-gun mode on my first playthrough.
I uh, wouldn't recommend doing this.

Yeah, I disagree that "properly" is not firing a gun. In fact, playing that way the first time, which a lot of people probably did for the achievement, can lead to extra frustration.

Once you know the levels and how to avoid enemies however, you don't have to ever shoot anyone or touch any non-boss enemies on normal difficulty, besides 3 people in one garage.

I think keyboard and mouse controls are done really well, but it can probably be played decently on PC with a 360 controller too.

Turfster

Once you know the levels and how to avoid enemies however, you don't have to ever shoot anyone or touch any non-boss enemies on normal difficulty, besides 3 people in one garage.

I kept dying if I didn't knock out the cops in the area first whenever I had to climb stuff.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

FEZ -- MB-6E955C8FBF6CA901 - Taken by Kifimbo

Blizzard

Banned
I kept dying if I didn't knock out the cops in the area first whenever I had to climb stuff.
There are a couple of places where climbing is difficult but possible (at least on normal difficulty). Unfortunately some luck may be involved, and that's why it's probably easier to knock out and/or shoot the guards in those areas.

Whenever you have a place where you want to climb up a pipe on the wall, you can try running parallel to the wall, wallrunning along it (not straight up it!), then jumping parallel to the wall to hit the pipe. Or in another place where you have to climb and guards are shooting, you can jump onto a metal duct, do quick turn and jump the other direction, and you should end up catching the pipe you have to climb pretty high up, high enough to only get shot a few times and get to safety.

Easy difficulty just tones down the combat difficulty (possibly including the damage) and may make the game more enjoyable on a first playthrough.

If you ever are curious about a particular chapter, you can also youtube a speedrun of that chapter, and you should find some crazy ways to avoid guards.

Turfster

There are a couple of places where climbing is difficult but possible (at least on normal difficulty). Unfortunately some luck may be involved, and that's why it's probably easier to knock out and/or shoot the guards in those areas.

I might give Mirror's edge another whirl on pc. It's been a couple of years since I did the ps3 version, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom