• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngt

I bought 5 copies of Humble Origin Bundle back in August. All keys worked and me and my friends added all games to our accounts without any problem. Today I noticed that I got all the money returned to me on Friday. Any idea what could have happened?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hydrophobia is the longest short game ever. I'm 2-3 hours in and it feels like it just wont end.

I completely agree. It's funny; the devs put out the game (Episode 1 of their would-be trilogy) and when it was poorly received, they added all those feedback functions and seemed to fix a lot of bugs and tweak a lot of stuff. That's great, but the unfortunate thing is that there just isn't a good game in there. It wasn't a matter of polishing or tweaking. It was a matter of junking what they had and making a completely new game. It's not terrible, but it's not a game that's worth anyone's money or time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hydrophobia is the longest short game ever. I'm 2-3 hours in and it feels like it just wont end.

So it should have been called Macrophobia?

Go ahead, I won't stop you from submitting this to the New Yorker.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I completely agree. It's funny; the devs put out the game (Episode 1 of their would-be trilogy) and when it was poorly received, they added all those feedback functions and seemed to fix a lot of bugs and tweak a lot of stuff. That's great, but the unfortunate thing is that there just isn't a good game in there. It wasn't a matter of polishing or tweaking. It was a matter of junking what they had and making a completely new game. It's not terrible, but it's not a game that's worth anyone's money or time.

But...Fluid physics!

You can just see them making the game and thinking "this is going to be so cool, what could go wrong?"

And then it all went wrong. And then they fixed it and it still didn't work. A shame.

Grief.exe

Am missing something...but wasn't there suppose to be third Steam reveal on 9/28/13?

Steam controller http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamController/

controller.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Last person to the party, but Mirror's edge is kinda cool!
There's something wrong with this post. And it's the word "kinda" :p

Today I learned (thanks to a friend that came over to my house) that you can organize your Steam friends into different categories. That was one feature I thought the client was lacking, but apparently it was there all along. I feel such a fool now.

inky

That looks really uncomfortable, I'd have to reach to get those buttons

also that looks like the back of the controller.

It's the front. Those are not the buttons you use as face buttons in other controllers.

You should read up on it to get a better sense of how it works.

Gvaz

Banned
It's the front. Those are not the buttons you use as face buttons in other controllers.

You should read up on it to get a better sense of how it works.

reading about it isn't going to change my opinion until it's in my hands

Going back to racing games in the mid-early 00's is always such a trip. YO MAN YOU LIKE GREEN DAY, HOW BOUT SOME AVRIL LAVIGNE.

sigh I never knew crash mode was left out of Burnout Paradise...... what a huge mistake. would help if the game itself didn't crash all the time. Already checked the steam forums.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Going back to racing games in the mid-early 00's is always such a trip. YO MAN YOU LIKE GREEN DAY, HOW BOUT SOME AVRIL LAVIGNE.

sigh I never knew crash mode was left out of Burnout Paradise...... what a huge mistake. would help if the game itself didn't crash all the time. Already checked the steam forums.

Burnout Paradise never crashes for me on either Origin or Steam maxed out on a laptop still going 60fps lol.

rtcn63

Couldn't play Burnout Paradise. The graphics... are just so dated. I remember putting a few hours when it was first released. Now...

fernandes

Couldn't play Burnout Paradise. The graphics... are just so dated. I remember putting a few hours when it was first released. Now...

What? It's not exactly GTA5, but calling the graphics dated to the point you cant play it is a bit much. I guess I'm not that demanding.

morningbus

You don't have to cover like this anymore. We've known for a while now.

Many Americans struggle with illiteracy, but it is never too late to learn.

morningbus

What about a little looky-loo at someone who's ideally not a giant holding a prototype

G5sqtg5.jpg

That still doesn't address the fact that, to a person who refuses to learn anything about the controller, you cannot see the back buttons, which will probably be replacing many of the actions commonly associated with front buttons labeled x,y,b,a.

rtcn63

Do you not play games that came out before 2010 or something?

Of course, I've replayed games from early in the generation this year. But something about BP's graphics just ruined the immersion. Part of an open-world racer's appeal, I think, is the environment, the spectacle itself. And I couldn't enjoy it.

Turfster

Aaand I finished Cognition Season 1.
20ish hours played, and apart from a few niggles with the graphics and some puzzles that could have been streamlined better, it was pretty golden. Definitely recommended for people that like adventure games.

They also threw a couple of funny temper tantrums about the poor reception before making those fixes.

Grief.exe

You are going to have to readjust your muscle memory, the face buttons are used for non-critical tasks with the buttons on the back, triggers, and trackpad buttons being assigned to more critical roles.

You don't have to cover like this anymore. We've known for a while now.

Many Americans struggle with illiteracy, but it is never too late to learn.

No kidding

iG6PH4VH51rbt.png

JDHarbs

Wanted a good survival horror game to play through October and just remembered I had the Dead Space trilogy sitting in my backlog for awhile now.

What is the best way to experience these games? Should I play them on my tv with the volume up, or on a monitor with headphones?

Turfster

Wanted a good survival horror game to play through October and just remembered I had the Dead Space trilogy sitting in my backlog for awhile now.

What is the best way to experience these games? Should I play them on my tv with the volume up, or on a monitor with headphones?

Whatever the closest to surround sound you can get is.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Play them on the biggest screen possible locked at 60 fps (use any external form of v-syn/triple buffering) and set a custom resolution that is 2.35 aspect ratio like so:

9253764470_0319967637_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom