• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With point 1, not completely sure what you mean with this. If the sharee wants to play a game, that specific game needs to be installed on the sharer's PC? So The sharer and the sharee needs to have the exact same installed library?

Sorry, I missed your post earlier. From the FAQ:

I share a computer with another Steam user and want to request access to their games. What do I do?

If another Steam user has installed a game on your shared computer, you can log into Steam on this device using your own account and send a sharing request. To do this, visit your library, where you'll see your friend's installed games. Select the Play button to launch a request form. Once sent, this will send an email to the account holder.

The access request, if approved, allows the secondary user to access your entire library, but as per the above, said request can only be sent if you had installed at least one game on their machine.

Jawmuncher

Hey steam GAF. I fell on some decent internet for the moment out here.
Was wondering has Steam said anything about updating their Oflline Mode? Just realized Origin is ahead of them on that since it doesn't need to log back in at all. Compared to Steams 30 day limit. Could see them doing something about that if they want steambox to take off more. I mean sure you need internet to download games and the like, but if they want to treat it as a semi console of sorts unrestricted offline seems to be a must. '
Aside from that have I missed any good sales? I grabbed the humble bundle with tropico(Took forever to load) and decided against the fying bundle since all I wanted was lttle dew.

JaseC

Hey steam GAF. I fell on some decent internet for the moment out here.
Was wondering has Steam said anything about updating their Oflline Mode? Just realized Origin is ahead of them on that since it doesn't need to log back in at all. Compared to Steams 30 day limit. Could see them doing something about that if they want steambox to take off more. I mean sure you need internet to download games and the like, but if they want to treat it as a semi console of sorts unrestricted offline seems to be a must. '
Aside from that have I missed any good sales? I grabbed the humble bundle with tropico(Took forever to load) and decided against the fying bundle since all I wanted was lttle dew.

There is no 30-day limit. There was a bug earlier in the year that caused login credentials to expire after two weeks, but it was fixed months ago.

Jawmuncher

There is no 30-day limit. There was a bug earlier in the year that caused login credentials to expire after two weeks, but it was fixed months ago.

Oh well that's awesome. Looks like I was being fed some really false information then.
Glad to know I don't have to worry about that now.

zkylon

zkylewd
The knight I'm talking about is the one in the tower right before entering Undead Parish, after the bridge with the huge dragon (I litterally shat my pants the first time he landed there from nowhere, firing fire all over the place and killing me with like 10000 souls from a bit of farming and the Taurus guy over the Burg walls :D ).
Fact is, that knight position is soooo uncomfortable that I just don't enjoy fighting him at all. Camera movement in the tower's narrow spiral stairs it's terrible, and worse when I lock on him to guard while moving back.
Anyway, the lame strategy was actually funny to perform, because the camera got me confused and instead of going down back to the bridge I went toward the Parish, aggroing the skeleton there and letting the knight block the corridor, so I had to instakill the skeleton while the knight was trying to hit the hell out of me, then rolling around everybody screaming NOPE and finally going down to the bridge, where he didn't fall, and when I went to check if he was dead, he was perfectly fine around the corner, probably laughing at me before killing me. :D

yeah those black knights are pretty scary, you can avoid them and come back later when you have more stamina and better weapons if you want, they're not particularly critical to beat, though they make for some fun fights :)

JaseC

Oh well that's awesome. Looks like I was being fed some really false information then.
Glad to know I don't have to worry about that now.

Just to further clarify, Offline Mode can be used indefinitely; years on end if you so desire. Unless Valve breaks it again. :p

Jawmuncher

Just to further clarify, Offline Mode can be used indefinitely; years on end if you so desire. Unless Valve breaks it again. :p

That's good to hear. Definitely hope that Valve doesn't go and break it again though.
Though it seems like a odd thing to break, but then again odder things have happened.

derExperte

I just tried the GRID 2 thing and it just aint worth it for me. Have to sign up to a mailing list, only 100 winners a day and you have to do this godforsaken awful 'race' where you don't control anything and then it pauses and you have to find 3 objects on the screen. Except that the picture quality is terrible and it seems to be bugged where absolutely none of the items I'm supposed to find are on the screen and you just have to click away all over til it says you've found it.

I just don't care enough. I played GRID 2 at the BritGAF meetup a couple nights ago and the game sucked anyway. :p

The race they have today is totally bugged, I had to search for the same things two times and none of them were there, same for the third break. The other races I tried via practice worked fine. And after Opera didn't even show anything to search for I tried again with IE, another email and IP address. Plus there are some strange times in the high score list, so it's very exploitable for people with enough energy. Going the trading route to get the game is probably the best idea.

Twinduct

Sorry, I missed your post earlier. From the FAQ:

The access request, if approved, allows the secondary user to access your entire library, but as per the above, said request can only be sent if you had installed at least one game on their machine.

Ah thanks. Makes sense now. Hope they aggressively change this. At it's current method, it's pretty useless for me personally.

Freezard

WELCOME TO THE GRID 2 GIVEAWAY
You are not in one of the selected countries to be eligible to win

Somehow I don't feel so welcome x_x But maybe people are selling it for cheap somewhere.

I'm getting quite a bit more excited about this the more I hear from developers that have used it, and the more I think about it. Besides, I already have a 360 controller, so that can always be my backup.

Pretty sure I am going to end up buying this day one.

Depending on the price, I tend to agree. Love the positive feedback from Devs.

Lime

What's the best and most visually pleasing Custom UI for Steam at the moment? Any recommendations? I use Grid view the most.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, I'm putting up around 200 keys sometime early this afternoon eastern time. It's mostly garbage. There were a few awesome games but I'm reasonably certain they're taken (basically anything that's a Steam gift link rather than a key is clearly going to be re-used by the person within a few days of it not being claimed). If you want 15 copies of Crayon Physics Deluxe or NightSky or Cogs or a bunch of the Red Faction Armageddon DLC, this giveaway is for you~

The_Monk

Hey Stump I believe there was one or two keys from my last Giveaway, I'm not sure if there's interest in them since they may be similar to the ones you are mentioning but feel free to take them if that's okay.

Thank you for your work.

Okay, I'm putting up around 200 keys sometime early this afternoon eastern time. It's mostly garbage. There were a few awesome games but I'm reasonably certain they're taken (basically anything that's a Steam gift link rather than a key is clearly going to be re-used by the person within a few days of it not being claimed). If you want 15 copies of Crayon Physics Deluxe or NightSky or Cogs or a bunch of the Red Faction Armageddon DLC, this giveaway is for you~

How many Bad Rats keys?

Thanks for the heads up.

If you usually take keys to give to your friends, this giveaway is for you!

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Well damn...

ELIGIBILITY: The Intel/GRID 2 Steam Code Giveaway Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (not including Quebec), Germany, United Kingdom, and the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia)

The details: The Intel GRID 2 Steam Code Givewaway is your chance to win a Steam download code for Codemasters critically acclaimed game, GRID 2! You have one chance each day to find hidden objects in the GRID 2 videos as fast as you can. The top 100 fastest times each day will receive a download code. You can practice your object finding skills on other videos and past races after you've submitted your timed entry.

Good luck!

Limit one code per email address

Completed it in 2:27:00 on a alt facebook account and noticed there's already 0:00:00 hackers in the leaderboards lol.

My body is ready for Crayon Physics and Red Faction DLC

The_Monk

The game hasn't been in an indie bundle in almost 18 months, however I can't help but wonder if somebody here stocked up on gifts to give away when it was on sale about a month ago. :p

I wonder what would be the spiritual successor to Bad Rats for prank-gifting, I'm guessing that Horse game with some sort of crystals that I keep forgetting the name.

didamangi

Indie leftover giveaway, what else?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-1DC264116B3ECA6C - Taken by The_Monk. 5 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-F045449F566BCA9E - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.

t1380553267z1.png

Turfster

I am giving away 3 Steam keys that may already have been used. I'm pretty sure they haven't, but... I'm old and decrepit and my memory isn't what it used to be.

ModBot said:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers -- MB-B9630CA88C78F62F - Taken by Spawn
Dungeons The Dark Lord -- MB-AED5B3BFAF4D5AD1 - Taken by fantomena
Kung Fu Strike -- MB-F1AA8C0EE7183179 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I am giving away 3 Steam keys that may already have been used. I'm pretty sure they haven't, but... I'm old and decrepit and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks for the giveaway! I almost entered after seeing the Air Conflicts: Vietnam image and thought to myself "Damn, that's generous, that game isn't even out yet."

Turfster

Thanks for the giveaway! I almost entered after seeing the Air Conflicts: Vietnam image and thought to myself "Damn, that's generous, that game isn't even out yet."

Yeah, I removed the wrong images and expanded the names again. Modbot swallowed the subtitles of both games and picked the wrong banners. Stupid games with subtitles ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It makes me sad to see people brush off or feel preemptive disappointment with Steam Family Sharing. Or speak on it as if an authority while not having even tried it.

Turfster

Appreciate it, took Kung Fu Strike. Hopefully it works.

That one should still be unused.

It makes me sad to see people brush off or feel preemptive disappointment with Steam Family Sharing. Or speak on it as if an authority while not having even tried it.
I'm mainly disappointed that my friend that actually got in doesn't want to give me his login information so he can, you know, actually use it now that he's in ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I got in the beta and authorized my son's computer to use my account. Now he can play games from my account while I'm busy coding Enhanced Steam. It's actually really great - though I agree with most people that it could be better*. But either way, it's a great starting point and I'm glad to see Valve taking the lead on this.

* Like most people, I think that if my son is playing DuckTales Remastered and I start playing Final Fantasy VII, it shouldn't kick him out of his game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I got in the beta and authorized my son's computer to use my account. Now he can play games from my account while I'm busy coding Enhanced Steam. It's actually really great - though I agree with most people that it could be better*. But either way, it's a great starting point and I'm glad to see Valve taking the lead on this.

* Like most people, I think that if my son is playing DuckTales Remastered and I start playing Final Fantasy VII, it shouldn't kick him out of his game.
People always blow that aspect out of proportion though. I'm pretty sure my friend has put 15+ hours into games on my account since we got into the beta without me even being aware that my games library was in use.

And since we both have pretty rich libraries I can just play his games while he plays mine. While he sampled The Swapper, I played Rune on his account.

It's a step in the right direction and little else.

I'm sure someone who is in the process of trying to buy everything on Steam and never play it would find a sharing feature highly useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom