• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Daily: Receiver 50% off
Weekly:
  • SpeedRunners 50%
  • Warlock - Master of the Arcane 75%
  • Ignite 75%
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure 80%
  • Victoria II 75%
  • Fist Puncher 50%
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory 66%
  • Wasteland Angel 75%
  • articy: draft SE 30%
  • Sword of the stars: the pit 75%
  • Pixeljunk monsters ultimate 50%
  • Renegade ops 75%

Kammie

heh. It even has Steam Workshop support.
Oh my god, this looks like the greatest game ever.

FJkMhiu.png

It actually looks really sleek. I hope it's good.

nexen

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a great little sci-fi rougelike. It is a little shallow, but definitely fun. For $2.50 it is a steal.
I recommend it.

Echoplx

Not sure about Cave Story, it was unredeemed on my humble bundle page but can't say for sure.

Have fun!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Cave Story -- MB-BD530FF1986F7861 - Taken by Spawn. 7 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-9243C9CF929D4CF4 - Taken by Thorgal. 1 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-16BFF3792F1EE803 - Taken by DexterPepper. 15 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-86254EC03178A9A9 - Taken by Declarius. 1 entrants total.

t1380561998z1.png

Tagyhag

about time....Took them long enough.

Some nice deals in there as well

Agreed, a lot of good games were being missed out on for not having it on the front page. People are too lazy to check the news feed.

I was going to suggest something like this on their forums but I kept forgetting my forum password.

Here's the XI3 Piston in all it's unlawful (I'm assuming that's a rebranded Xbox controller) glory:

November 29, 2013
$999.99

Apparently they are quite angry at Valve and Gabe in particular.

"It's also important to note that the PISTON Console will allow gamers to access Steam regardless of what our relationship is or isn't with Valve. Additionally, PISTON will also support a raft of other Internet-based gaming and entertainment platforms, which is more than what Valve apparently has planned for its official Steam Box. In this way, the PISTON Console could be perceived as something more than just a Steam Box, which makes sense because at its core the PISTON Console is a Modular™ Computer that can run any operating system or application designed to run on an x86-based 64-bit computer.

"To be clear, the PISTON Console will ship initially with a Windows operating system specifically because that's where the vast bulk of game software and computer gamers are today. That said, the PISTON Console can also run Linux (and other operating systems), which means it can support the Linux-version of Steam.

"Contrary to Valve's vision, Xi3 believes that the way to take this to market today is to do so with a Windows OS at the core, coupled with the ability to not just get to one platform/store for games, but to get access to all game stores/platforms. Studios should have the option to go through Steam if they choose or to go direct to the end-user if they so choose. That will be the difference between PISTON and other Steam Boxes. You'll be able to access Steam if you choose, but you'll also be able to access other platforms as well—all through the PISTON Console.

"We have opened PISTON Console pre-orders and have been amazed at the interest and amount of pre-orders we have received thus far. This just reaffirms to us our decision to open pre-orders, because we are seriously concerned we will not be able to meet the demand for PISTON Consoles for the 2013 Holiday Season.

"In closing, what Valve does or doesn't do with its Steam Box will be up to them. So Gabe, it's up to you. The ball is in your court."

Here are the specifications in detail:

The PISTON Console is a small yet powerful gaming and entertainment system designed to allow users to run their most popular games and access their most popular forms of entertainment, including music, movies, television/cable shows, and more. Housed in a cube-like aluminum chassis roughly the size of a softball (4.27x3.656x3.656-inches), the PISTON was built upon the patented Xi3 Computer Architecture that forms the backbone for the tri-board design of Xi3’s line of Modular™ Computers.

The PISTON is powered by a quad-core, 64-bit x86-based processor running at up to 3.2GHz, includes 384 programmable discrete-class graphics cores and is supported with 8GB of DDR3 RAM. As such, PISTON can run the most popular operating systems, including Windows, Linux, UNIX and others, along with the games and applications written for those OSes. PISTON comes standard with dual SSD connectors, one internal microSD card slot, and 128GB of solid-state SSD storage (upgradeable to 1TB), includes 3 display ports (miniDP, HDMI and DisplayPort connectors), 12 total USB ports (4 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, and 4 eSATAp/USB 2.0 combo ports), digital audio ports and more, and supports up to 4K resolution (4096x2160 pixels).

Appreciate it Stump :)
I won all the games/dlc I wanted except that I literally got two of everything almost so now I gotta put em in a giveaway later on. Shame the serious sam key was redeem already :(

Should be 39.99 going by the console version price.

Hope it gets some bigger discount. I will buy it from steamtrades though, so I hope for like 15-20$ :)

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a great little sci-fi rougelike. It is a little shallow, but definitely fun. For $2.50 it is a steal.
I recommend it.

I approve this message as well, it's 30 grueling floors of hell. Best way to describe it is Dungeons of Dreadmoor in space. The crafting system is pretty fun. It gives you tons of new weapons to play around with. The game is balls hard to, I've spent 100 hours in it and have only beaten the "vanilla game" normal once. Granted I haven't tried again since I've accomplished that.

The dlc is also on sale for 50% off. Mind Games changes the base game pretty drastically though. Lockers are added on every 10th floor where you can store any gear you acquire for a future play through on another character.

chronomac

Here's the XI3 Piston in all it's unlawful glory:

November 29, 2013
$999.99

Color me crazy, but $999 is a crazy amount of money for a "console" like that. You could build a comparable system for half that (or maybe a little more). "The ball is in your court?" It always has been. Steam is a success and PISTON will not be.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Here's the XI3 Piston in all it's unlawful glory:
November 29, 2013
$999.99

Here are the specifications in detail:

This seems like Valve signed a contract with this company to give maybe some money for research so they could come up with a solution for Valve's Problem.

It seems that they decided to announce it early (clearly to create buzz around their product) and Valve/Gabe (there's no difference, really) either didn't like their solution or didn't agree with their approach (read, a 1k dollar machine). They probably also got a slap in the wrist for talking openly about it before they were supposed to.

In other words, nothing to see here folks. Other than a Small, upgradeable, proprietary and expensive computer.

I recommend it.
I approve this message as well, it's 30 grueling floors of hell. Best way to describe it is Dungeons of Dreadmoor in space. The crafting system is pretty fun. It gives you tons of new weapons to play around with. The game is balls hard to, I've spent 100 hours in it and have only beaten the "vanilla game" normal once. Granted I haven't tried again since I've accomplished that.
Count me in for a third! The art takes a little getting used to, but the difficulty and amount of random play is very fun and rewarding. Really love what the title does with so little in terms of "production" because the content load is staggering. Like you said, 30 some hours and haven't beaten it YET.

Dec

Not sure about Cave Story, it was unredeemed on my humble bundle page but can't say for sure.

Have fun!

Grabbed Limbo since it seems to be one of those games that sits for weeks. Rated well and looks interesting, never really bothered to look it up before now for some reason.

Thank you.

This seems like Valve signed a contract with this company to give maybe some money for research so they could come up with a solution for Valve's Problem.

It seems that they decided to announce it early (clearly to create buzz around their product) and Valve/Gabe (there's no difference, really) either didn't like their solution or didn't agree with their approach (read, a 1k dollar machine). They probably also got a slap in the wrist for talking openly about it before they were supposed to.

In other words, nothing to see here folks. Other than a Small, upgradeable, proprietary and expensive computer.

The Piston (well, not with this name) was already announced last Summer as a kickstarter project which failed. As you said Valve probably saw some potential in it and gave them money to see how it could go. The real issue with the CES announcement was Xi3 saying they recieved funding from Valve and the press jumping on it and instead of them denying any SteamBox connection, they rode on the attention they've got.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The flurry of confusion Xi3's faux pas created is what lead Valve to finally acknowledge the "SteamBox" rumours, so at least it wasn't for nothing. ;)

Benedict

ohh... just won grandpa from modbot in the big getaway, only to get rejected by Steam to say somebody else already claimed grandpa....

so cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom