• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

Just got an email back from GMG, apparently their is no way to change your birthday after creating an account for security reasons.

Looks like I got to create a new account.

The_Monk

I'm not going to shut up about the Steam version of Anno 1404 not being patched and there being no store pages for Tintin and King Kong despite the games having been listed in the registry since the dawn of mankind until Ubi actually does something.

Right there with you plus Anno 1404 Venice.

Milamber

I'm not going to shut up about the Steam version of Anno 1404 not being patched and there being no store pages for Tintin and King Kong despite the games having been listed in the registry since the dawn of mankind until Ubi actually does something.
Ugh, you keep reminding me of Ubi refusing to honor my physical copy of 1404 to uPlay.

I see now. But I dont have a clue. This is about Bunny must die:

1. For those who've bought Bunny Must Die via IndieRoyal, Desura, Playism... Etc.. We won't be providing Steam Keys. SORRY!

2. To everyone about Steam Keys. We'll look into the situation. Sorry for all the mix up Please bare with us while we come up with a solution.

3. We would like to thank the fans for being so understanding at this time. We are doing our best. So please be patient with us.

I dont even know what this means now. Will they provide or not?

I don't own the game, but I think this says it fixes all the problems I heard about?:

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+
Patch 1.0.2.0 Released
The patch with the following fixes is now released:

1. Show full game AppID store page in demo version.
2. Change channel mapping to 2 channels, disabled check for default audio change every 1 second which may cause audio problems on some audio cards.
3. Fixed a bug that game crashes after updating scores of Highway II and return back to Game Modes Select page.
4. Fixed a bug that game display wrong ranking (always S) in Game Modes Select page.
5. Add Leaderboards for DLC courses in 'Game Mode Total'.
6. Issue regarding uploading Medals on Facebook.
7. Crash in Championship III, Big Eater, and Highway Levels while playing the game and/or when trying to retrieve the Leaderboards Information.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=236450

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ugh, you keep reminding me of Ubi refusing to honor my physical copy of 1404 to uPlay.

I may have a spare key if you're still in need of a Uplay version.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure if it's a Uplay key, though: I "bought" it from the Ubishop during this glorious stuff-up back in 2011.

I see now. But I dont have a clue. This is about Bunny must die:

1. For those who've bought Bunny Must Die via IndieRoyal, Desura, Playism... Etc.. We won't be providing Steam Keys. SORRY!

2. To everyone about Steam Keys. We'll look into the situation. Sorry for all the mix up Please bare with us while we come up with a solution.

3. We would like to thank the fans for being so understanding at this time. We are doing our best. So please be patient with us.

I dont even know what this means now. Will they provide or not?

Sounds to me like Rockin' Android is waiting for a final number on how much Steam keys it'd need to hand out before making a final decision.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OMG, thanks. How'd you get one?

See my edit. For some reason I didn't get a key for Anno 1404 Gold (I assume Ubi ran out), but I did get a key each for Anno 1404 and Venice. I'll PM you in a sec -- they should be Uplay keys since they were DD purchases.

I may have a spare key if you're still in need of a Uplay version.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure if it's a Uplay key, though: I "bought" it from the Ubishop during this glorious stuff-up back in 2011.

Sounds to me like Rockin' Android is waiting for a final number on how much Steam keys it'd need to hand out before making a final decision.

Its just....

I dont know. There are people who just bought this bundle because of the promise of getting the Games on Steam later.
Thats the same with the Doujin-Bundle. People bought it and voted for these Games on Steam.

I am sure if they directly would say "Even if you buy it, we wont give Steamkeys!" there would be less potential buyers.

theytookourjobz

AssFlag got a audible chuckle out of me. Well done.

I don't think I've played a game besides Spelunky in the last three weeks. If I want to try Outlast or Amnesia and I'm a huge pussy, which one should I play?

Tomodachi

All this talk about uplay made me check their website (I wanted to know how much was Anno 1404 + Venice, even though I got the bas version on disc; apparently updating the physical version is hell).

I love how uPlay lists on the website among my games only AssCreed 2 (360 version) even though I played lots of Ubi games on Steam. Fucker's probably created an alternate account for those which i don't know how to access. Not that I care about having a functional uplay account, but still.

Milamber

All this talk about uplay made me check their website (I wanted to know how much was Anno 1404 + Venice, even though I got the bas version on disc; apparently updating the physical version is hell).

I love how uPlay lists on the website among my games only AssCreed 2 (360 version) even though I played lots of Ubi games on Steam. Fucker's probably created an alternate account for those which i don't know how to access. Not that I care about having a functional uplay account, but still.

But what about all those sweet uPlay Points™?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
how's receiver? I got just 2.50 on my card money, so could spend it on that

It's a really fun proof of concept for gun nuts who wanted more realistic reload and fire mechanics. The game itself is ok but the main attraction is learning how to reload each weapon, filling mags and swapping between them on the fly without needing to look at the guide.

I like playing it every now and then but the really bored and uninterested sounding dude who rambles on the tapes completely destroys any feeling of attachment to the world. Like, they couldn't have gotten someone from maybe next door to record the dialog instead of Mr. Mouthmush?

The_Monk

Is GAF alright?

Also, I just saw this:

EgFAdXz.png

Soon.

MysticX

so, Warlock Master of The Arcane is on sale...is that a good games for some1 that loves civilization and master of magic? I get the vibe that it´s a mix between the two.

any impressions?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
...someday

I sold my copy of MGR when they announced a PC version, now I'm just waiting for it

I was ready to buy the PS3 version when the PC version was announced and held off but still nothing. Figured we get a date after Castlevania PC released but nope.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Bought it and kinda regret it. Seems it requires a bunch more sound than my deaf ass can give it. Which is a shame because the pitch of a M1911 handgun simulator was appealing to me. But having robots flying at my head before I can get a bead on them everytime I play it has just turned me off. And I doubt Steam will give me a refund for being crippled for a game. :/

so, Warlock Master of The Arcane is on sale...is that a good games for some1 that loves civilization and master of magic? I get the vibe that it´s a mix between the two.

any impressions?

It is basically civ 5 with a heavy combat focus and not much depth. It is one of those games where you might think "well why don't I play more civ 5?" but I think it is a quality option if you want something a bit simpler and more streamlined.

It is very much a $2.50 game, because there isn't a lot there and you will not play it long.

However, I still recommend it because the gun mechanics are just so darn interesting to play with for a short time. If you are like me and give high marks to an attempt at something different give it a go.

I hope the devs use those concepts to make a real game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom