• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Apparently they are quite angry at Valve and Gabe in particular.

Contrary to Valve's vision, Xi3 believes that the way to take this to market today is to do so with a Windows OS at the core, coupled with the ability to not just get to one platform/store for games, but to get access to all game stores/platforms.

Contrary? Can we call the piston the strawman box now?

BVa_ERLCEAAT8Wn.png:large

How come this isn't a discussion of its own?

I won a Darksiders key via modbot.
Unfortunately I forgot I already have the game.
I want to give the key "back" but upon trying to register it modbot tells me to read the thread 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' for instructions.

Where is that?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

How to repost keys

If you posted a key and no one took it, so you want to update the giveaway rules or just repost it:
- Just send the key to ModBot again so it knows to update the giveaway information or note that it's a new giveaway.

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

If someone else posted a key, you took it, and you realized that you didn't want it:
- First, don't do this. You're being a jerk.
- Second, you should contact the person who did the original giveaway so they can give it away again by following the above instructions.
- Third, if you ABSOLUTELY want to give it away yourself and you 100% definitely did not use the key, follow the above nuke instructions and then submit it yourself.

Full format for recycling old taken keys
Title: nuke these keys
Body:
GHHH-EH11-J1J2
ABCD-EFGH-EEEE
LOKE-JOKE-ROTE

You will not receive a response or feedback, and the original post will not be edited to reflect that your claim has been relinquished, but the key will be removed from ModBot. The record of the person who originally took the key will not be erased, and they will be considered to have won for the rules that prohibit previous winners from partaking. Why so stringent? To prevent people from winning keys, redeeming them, nuking them to remove themselves from the winners list, and claiming more keys. Also, to dissuade people from claiming keys they don't want.

edit: beaten

rtcn63

I want to give the key "back" but upon trying to register it modbot tells me to read the thread 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' for instructions.

Where is that?

If you don't wish to modbot, I'd gladly take it fine sir. (Apologies if asking is against the rules)

BruteUA

Where is that?

You should totally trade it for Rage instead!

I hope I did everything correctly... And don't thank me, thank the original -unknown- donator!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Darksiders -- MB-89984BC942493238 - Taken by trailmix16

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remembered that I still have Chrome installed on my laptop so I updated Enhanced Steam to try out the endless scrolling feature in conjunction with the option to hide owned items: it worked great and will prove to be a huge time saver come the Autumn/Winter Sales.

fantomena

I remembered that I still have Chrome installed on my laptop so I updated Enhanced Steam to try out the endless scrolling feature in conjunction with the option to hide owned items: it worked great and will prove to be a huge time saver come the Autumn/Winter Sales.

How can I use that enhanced Steam feature? Do I need to be logged in?

It's a really good feature. Sorry to ask but hiw many games do you own in Steam?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Nice. I'm kinda 50/50 at the moment myself with owned/unowned games, so the list is still pretty damn long. If you have any problems with it let me know!

JaseC

How can I use that enhanced Steam feature? Do I need to be logged in?

Yeah, otherwise the extension won't be able to see which games you own. The option to hide owned items isn't enabled by default, so you'll need to enable it in the extension's settings.

It's a really good feature. Sorry to ask but hiw many games do you own in Steam?

1,875 as of today's store update (I bought PixelJunk Monsters).

Nice. I'm kinda 50/50 at the moment myself with owned/unowned games, so the list is still pretty damn long. If you have any problems with it let me know!

Will do. :)

You just need to turn endless scrolling on. It's in the Enhanced Steam options.

It was enabled by default for me, using v4.8.

Level 79 and I still can't beat the second boss in Rogue Legacy. Feels bad man. And I have done lvl 1 runs in Dark Souls so it hurts even more. It's not like the boss is complicated or anything, but it's hard to get there with a) a useful character b) in good condition c) without travelling all around the place first

Time Saver because it just showed you you already owned everything and didn't need to waste time? :D

HoosTrax

Level 79 and I still can't beat the second boss in Rogue Legacy. Feels bad man. And I have done lvl 1 runs in Dark Souls so it hurts even more. It's not like the boss is complicated or anything, but it's hard to get there with a) a useful character b) in good condition c) without travelling all around the place first
If you're planning on doing a boss run and you already found the boss door on the previous run, just use the Architect before entering the castle, then warp directly to the boss door.

Look at these quotes from the Super Sanctum TD store page:

“It's a tower defence game”
RockPaperShotgun

“Far better than an extra gun skin for Sanctum 2”
Kotaku

JaseC

Time Saver because it just showed you you already owned everything and didn't need to waste time? :D

Haha, yeah, it's the endless scrolling feature in particular that'll save a ton of time since the option to hide owned games by itself doesn't bring forward results from further pages, so, for example, towards the end of the Summer Sale I was clicking through at least 40-odd blank pages before finding unowned items (I always started from the first page of results to ensure I wasn't missing anything). Now, though, I can just scroll down the one page until there are no results. :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They are finally pushing Weeklongs:

Nice!

I hope they keep doing this, since Enhanced Steam highlights the sale page but doesn't highlight things in the news feed (which is how they previously displayed these) (although technically I could make it highlight stuff in the news feed, I just never found a need to really)

JaseC

I hope they keep doing this, since Enhanced Steam highlights the sale page but doesn't highlight things in the news feed (which is how they previously displayed these) (although technically I could make it highlight stuff in the news feed, I just never found a need to really)

Creating a spotlight for the Weeklies also seems to signify that they're now automated a la the Dailies as they both changed over at the same time -- in previous weeks you had to wait a good 20-30 minutes for all the new deals to show up.

JaseC

So AssFlag PC will be out 3 weeks after PS360 release... and half a week later in Europe.

A move which places it directly alongside Watch Dogs. The question now is: Will Ubi also delay Watch Dogs PC or just let the two games cannibalise sales from one another?

Turfster

A move which places it directly alongside Watch Dogs. The question now is: Will Ubi also delay Watch Dogs PC or just let the two games cannibalise sales from one another?

I think the former is a safe bet... altho this is Ubi, and Ubi does stupid shit all the time.

Unreal. Not only are they basically creating a 'modern day' AssCreed, but they are releasing them together? That's pretty damn stupid.

Sini

How come games like Spec Ops: The Line, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and Left 4 Dead 2 were not claimed before that big giveaway?

So. Anyone knows how to get the Steamkey for Bunny must die? I bought it from the Indieroyale a while back and have it in Desura, but cant seem to find the Steamkey for it.

JaseC

I think the former is a safe bet... altho this is Ubi, and Ubi does stupid shit all the time.

I'm not going to shut up about the Steam version of Anno 1404 not being patched and there being no store pages for Tintin and King Kong despite the games having been listed in the registry since the dawn of mankind until Ubi actually does something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom