• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That's about on the level of crap Uplay usually locks away for story achievements. I still have no idea why anyone actually likes that shit or thinks it's a good idea, but I've seen plenty who claim they do.

irHsKlCrDjXdj.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, honestly, I used to spend effort trying to rationally engage these no-reason-to-exist alternative digital distro stuff but at this point there's no argument required that goes beyond that image.

BruteUA

Modbot isn't getting the night off.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Binding of Isaac -- MB-974DF10D2D23D182 - Taken by georaldc. 10 entrants total.
Trine 2 -- MB-190A4B2A6CD747A9 - Taken by Kirosia. 5 entrants total.

t1380592736z1.png

miek

I may have used a couple of the keys in this giveaway; my memory is failing me right now.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-B46617D8835DC2E2 - Taken by Clawww
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-E06109494AA59390 - Taken by gabrielt16
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-87C10B9ACFA4E442 - Taken by deejay
Cogs -- MB-12F22C94D0610FED - Taken by Kagemusha
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-7F0F882F813B60FF - Taken by Crimsonclaw111
Shank 2 -- MB-5C39C203083FFEEA - Taken by Shalashaska
Waking Mars -- MB-D11D52999DAF83D4 - Taken by Sinatar
McPixel -- MB-94726D7E8057D742 - Taken by Saikyo
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-4140C77F85FAEADB - Taken by Tecl0n
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-D38ED2675BD505C1 - Taken by toddhunter
Darksiders -- MB-8770677B6E3A42DB - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-618876E1FF87D131 - Taken by Diedac
Offspring Fling -- MB-553B6113B621778E - Taken by Tempy
Beat Hazard: Ultra -- MB-C414E291337C374D - Taken by Colin.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-28730FD5C850A306 - Taken by JDHarbs
Nightsky -- MB-D4A1C9613C82FBA7 - Taken by patochaos
The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-D1FCE5A9FDA6C83F - Taken by somato

BruteUA

After 2 huge waves of leftover keys going out recently, I don't think there's many people left who haven't won anything in the last week.

- And it looks like I'm wrong. Shut up, Brute.

Sajjaja

This just put a much needed smile on my face, thanks! Going to try and relax a bit, doing my wisdom teeth surgery tomorrow. Wish my luck my good fellow GAFfers, see you all tomorrow.

Bye fellow gaffer! I hope you have dreams about fellow gaffers who are hanging out with fellow gaffers whilst talking about fellow gaffers :)

lol night buddy, have fun under the gas

naib

I don't have Anno but Dawn of Discovery on Steam.. I swore there was a fan patch that unlocked a bunch of scrapped content. Or maybe I'm thinking of a different game..

I'm off!

edit
Here it is.
Over 1,100 quest story texts present only in the German version have been translated and fully restored.
Now I remember. Never did try this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Bye fellow gaffer! I hope you have dreams about fellow gaffers who are hanging out with fellow gaffers whilst talking about fellow gaffers :)

lol night buddy, have fun under the gas

Monk is from Portugal, so I don't know what is the deal there, but here in Brazil, dentists can't use the gas... You need to be an anesthesiologist or something to knock somebody out, so no dentist uses it.

Which is a bummer, because I heard it makes much easier to operate on people's teeth. I wouldn't know, the biggest surgery I had (regarding to teeth) was removing a Baby Tooth that had a root the size of an adult tooth.

Turfster

Monk is from Portugal, so I don't know what is the deal there, but here in Brazil, dentists can't use the gas... You need to be an anesthesiologist or something to knock somebody out, so no dentist uses it.

Which is a bummer, because I heard it makes much easier to operate on people's teeth. I wouldn't know, the biggest surgery I had (regarding to teeth) was removing a Baby Tooth that had a root the size of an adult tooth.
To get mine removed, I went to the hospital. Anesthesia is great, especially when they're basically almost cracking your jaw...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
To get mine removed, I went to the hospital. Anesthesia is great, especially when they're basically almost cracking your jaw...

Well, if you need major surgery, sure, you get to go to an hospital. Not to remove Wisdom Teeth though. You just get a injection in your gums, that only actually works to make your gums and face numb, but not the actual nerve.

As I understand, if your dentist is cool enough, they'll knock you out for Mouth Cleansing if you ask hard enough in the US.

Sarcasm

Good thing anesthesiologist are in the medical & dental fields.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Good thing anesthesiologist are in the medical & dental fields.

Well, sure they are. It's just that nobody uses them here, specially on dentist offices. Unless you have to do something major. Nobody will put you out for teeth reconstruction, implants, removal, cleaning, scraping of any of those things.

Acccent

Man, he looks like such a nice person.

Also, regarding the anesthesia, in France you don't get gas for minor operations either. I had my wisdom teeth removed some time ago and they only do a local anesthesia, so while you don't feel any pain you do still feel the dentist and nurse basically butchering your gum and sawing your teeth off, it echoes through your skull :D pretty weird but worth "living"! It's a bit unsettling but no big deal in the end.

Also, Stump if you read this, consider reading your PMs please?

Freezard

Ahhh freaking Monkey Island SE. I apparently managed to glitch out the help system by feeding the dogs with meat then picking up another one and feeding them again, now the help system tells me to poison the meat and give it to the dogs but they're already sleeping so I'm stuck cause I'm already done with that part >_<

Oh well will try the second game and see if it's any better, it was a decent game but all the walking around back and forth really annoyed me.

I may have used a couple of the keys in this giveaway; my memory is failing me right now.
In the last week? I'm surprised there are people who can still enter for this!
Superbrothers... ;~;

I sort of hit a difficulty spike in my Bioshock playthrough. I got to the tree gardens and nearly gave up. Maybe I'll get back to it when I don't have essays to write :/

MRORANGE

Good luck with the wisdom teeth monk.

I remember once when I was 8 when a dentist told me to close my eyes, I opened them early and saw this massive pair of tweezers coming towards me, being 8 I ran screaming out of the chair and refused to go back into the room. Think I had my snes removed for a week for that incident.

There should be a dental simulator 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom