• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Interesting to see Terraria in the top sellers list. I know there's SUPPOSED to be a big content update (1.2) happen tomorrow.

I guess one way to drive a lot of sales is to announce a big update...

miek

In the last week? I'm surprised there are people who can still enter for this!

Sorry, I thought about whether I should have included that rule or not. Just wanted to let people who hadn't won any games recently to have first dibs.

And it seems like most of the games have been taken, so I'm glad that worked out.

MRORANGE

Interesting to see Terraria in the top sellers list. I know there's SUPPOSED to be a big content update (1.2) happen tomorrow.

I guess one way to drive a lot of sales is to announce a big update...

Yeah it does, valve did it a lot with both left 4 dad games and added updates mixed on with sales. Resulting the game to be in the top charts for a while, tf2 as well.

Aha. If I have to play Beyond Good & Evil 2 on Uplay I'll be livid.

So if Uplay was removed would all be good then?

qvaZof4.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
could some Gaffers add me on steam and maybe at some point we could game together only have 9 friends on there ):

user is Ashley278

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just logged in on Steam to find out I got an Exceed 2nd booster pack. Already put it on the Market for $1, hopefully someone will bite (unless the Storm foil, which nobody has bought for 20 bucks yet).

Zia

Might have missed this during my self-imposed exile, but do changes made to Dark Souls (http://steamdb.info/app/211420/#section_history) indicate, like, actual changes, or could they be maintenance-related as has been the case whenever the dormant Halo entries "updated" recently?

I started playing again this week and I'm already having GFWL-related issues. Grr.

Grief.exe

Just updated to the latest Nvidia Beta drivers, all ready for the BF4 Beta.

Probably going to wake up early instead of staying up late.

Might have missed this during my self-imposed exile, but do changes made to Dark Souls (http://steamdb.info/app/211420/#section_history) indicate, like, actual changes, or could they be maintenance-related as has been the case whenever the dormant Halo entries "updated" recently?

I started playing again this week and I'm already having GFWL-related issues. Grr.

They did end up issuing a patch to the game, and, as Turfster said, ended up breaking parts of DSFix.

Your issues might be related to that, you will need to update to the latest version of the fix http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=350

What's the best racing game on Steam? I already have Burnout pradise and Dirt 3. Already beat Burnout and Dirt 3 sucks.

medium to low settings games, my video card is old.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best racing game on Steam? I already have Burnout pradise and Dirt 3. Already beat Burnout and Dirt 3 sucks.

Fuel was nice (though I played veeery little of it). Grid is great. Sonic & Whatever Transformed is really cool. Driver: San Francisco is amazing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Best racing game I can still buy? It's not up.

Yooo they removed Blur? Well Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is good but the way it runs varies from person to person. For one person the experience could be amazing while for another it could be a stuttering mess.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is pretty much the best kart racing game this gen and made for low end cards since it was optimized by Intel themselves for their intel hd 4000 cards and above.

Does the original Witcher combat get any better? It feels weird, should i stick with it?

The combat is weird indeed but as you level up start to put more point in styles it become a bit more fluid, although the core is the same click the right time to get combo going. I haven't finished it but I just got used to the combat.

Turfster

Made level 3 in Reus and can now play for 120 minutes before my giants go to sleep.
It's weird. The mechanics are... extremely limited, and built for frustration, but every so often I go back to it and play for a while longer...

patochaos

Neo Member
Maybe Im dumb but the problem I always had with Witcher combat system, especially the dumbed down version of Witcher 2 is the following

You can only use potions out of battle.
If you play for the 1st time, you never know which creatures you're going to face, or when and how many.

So, either you chug potions all the time just to be ready in the wild, or go to a fight, die, and then for the next time you know you need to chug fire resistance because the fire elementals will rape you.

That's beyond what I could stomach after playing Dark Souls.

So I quit in the swampy part, and never looked back.
Plus the inventory system and magic sucks.

sheaaaa

Anyone have any impressions about Fist Puncher? Adult Swim games have been pretty consistently good, not sure if this one is in the same boat.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just played (and finished) Proteus. It's... quite the experience. Did I like it? I don't know, I can't really say. I do know that I didn't dislike it, so there's that.

Basically there's nothing to do. And yet it's engaging, in a strange way. One probably has to be in a very particular mood to appreciate this game, so I can't honestly recommend it to just everybody. But if you feel like experiencing something different, I'd say spare an hour of your life and sit down to go through this.

jediyoshi

Between BF4 beta, GTA online, and my incursion into animegaf, I think my steam library might have to take a backseat for a bit :|

Anyone have any impressions about Fist Puncher? Adult Swim games have been pretty consistently good, not sure if this one is in the same boat.

Depends on your stance on brawlers, otherwise it's a pretty straight forward castle crashers-esque, rpg-y beat em up. Maybe a bit more hilarious because you can punch while walking.

Turfster

I just played (and finished) Proteus. It's... quite the experience. Did I like it? I don't know, I can't really say. I do know that I didn't dislike it, so there's that.

Basically there's nothing to do. And yet it's engaging, in a strange way. One probably has to be in a very particular mood to appreciate this game, so I can't honestly recommend it to just everybody. But if you feel like experiencing something different, I'd say spare an hour of your life and sit down to go through this.
I found Proteus amazingly relaxing... and the fact that you can make your own music by picking what you walk by is... incredibly fun. You're climbing a mountain, all layers of sound dropping away one by one until all you can hear is the wind whooshing past... and then you walk past one of the stones, and its bwong rumbles out the speakers... The ghost wolf is a dick, tho.

Exuro

Just picked up the PJMU 2 pack. Game is still really good. Can't wait to try some coop later this week. Game is very steamworks integrated which is great and steamplay with mac/linux so I can play on my laptop :D. Good times ahead.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yep, that's how it is.

One probably has to be in a very particular mood to appreciate this game
It's called "being high as fuck"

Jawmuncher

It's kind of a shitty combat system. It does evolve in some ways, but none make it any fun.

Im enjoying the books and have tried Witcher 1 numerous times.
I can never get past the beginning I just find it so uninteresting and clunky.
I actually need to buy Witcher 2 again on Steam and try it out with all the updates. I only ever played it on Xbox 360 and while I liked it, I didn't find myself enjoying it as much as I was hoping to. But that might have just been due to some of the 360 limitations.

Im enjoying the books and have tried Witcher 1 numerous times.
I can never get past the beginning I just find it so uninteresting and clunky.
I actually need to buy Witcher 2 again on Steam and try it out with all the updates. I only ever played it on Xbox 360 and while I liked it, I didn't find myself enjoying it as much as I was hoping to. But that might have just been due to some of the 360 limitations.

The Witcher 1 is great, the prologue is like a tutorial, once you get to Chapter 1 it gets much better imo. Try to give it a chance and make it to the Chapter 1 at least.

Retne

I just played through the first dungeon in Ittle Dew and man what a charming game. Easily worth the $3.50 I paid for the flying bundle. It has the game play of link to the past with a lot of charm. I love the hand drawn art style and how some stuff has the little jiggle to it.

The flying bundle is still active if you want to grab it: http://www.flyingbundle.com/ I'm still surprised Ittle Dew went this low so quickly. Hopefully it doesn't mean nobody is picking the game up.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The Witcher 1 really does not get better until after Act 2 in the swamps. The pacing is just so sluggish and the combat isn't very rewarding unless you want to play musical timed clicking the game. Act 3 is where the story really starts, and everything after that is extremely tightly paced and without too much bloat save for some cross-town treks and the story really propels you forward into wanting to get further.

It's such a shame that you have to trudge through 20 some hours of substandard to get to what really makes The Witcher outstanding.

Dirt 2 is vastly superior to Dirt 3. Dirt 1 is the best of them all but isn't on steam. :( Grid is also pretty great haven't tried Grid 2 though.

I just played through the first dungeon in Ittle Dew and man what a charming game. Easily worth the $3.50 I paid for the flying bundle. It has the game play of link to the past with a lot of charm. I love the hand drawn art style and how some stuff has the little jiggle to it.

The flying bundle is still active if you want to grab it: http://www.flyingbundle.com/ I'm still surprised Ittle Dew went this low so quickly. Hopefully it doesn't mean nobody is picking the game up.

The mystery games should unlock tomorrow, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom