• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it was stallion who recommended it for me, can't remember, but whoever it was, thanks for telling me to play ballad of gay tony

loved it, my favorite gta thing since vice city for sure

Jawmuncher

The Witcher 1 is great, the prologue is like a tutorial, once you get to Chapter 1 it gets much better imo. Try to give it a try and make it to the Chapter 1 at least.

I plan on it. If worst comes to worst I might just cheat my way through combat.
I know some might argue against that but for me the story and everything else is far more important.
Oddly enough I have done this with some other games that had a similar problem and still ended up enjoying them so take that as you will.
I'll go against doing that if I really REALLY need to experience the combat though.

Sajjaja

Yeah, The Witcher is such a good game. Look at these awesome graphics.

7D0853001ED789D5D997573842B793E259A336E7

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117930532

Dec

The Witcher 1 really does not get better until after Act 2 in the swamps. The pacing is just so sluggish and the combat isn't very rewarding unless you want to play musical timed clicking the game. Act 3 is where the story really starts, and everything after that is extremely tightly paced and without too much bloat save for some cross-town treks and the story really propels you forward into wanting to get further.

It's such a shame that you have to trudge through 20 some hours of substandard to get to what really makes The Witcher outstanding.

I didn't get that far. I watched the story on youtube and I don't regret it. Almost nothing happened in the first game. The stuff that did is an entirely contained story. I was hoping it would build onto the books but they awkwardly get around it every time.

People about to ask about the last book and someone interrupts them mid-sentence, or people just seemingly being uninterested. "Oh hey Geralt been a long time man, what have you been doing?
I remember that time I saw you die but I wont mention it
. I've got this important side quest for you instead!

I guess it just uses the world and story. Which is fine, just not what I wanted. The second game goes into the main story a lot more.

Echoplx

I think it was stallion who recommended it for me, can't remember, but whoever it was, thanks for telling me to play ballad of gay tony

loved it, my favorite gta thing since vice city for sure

Ballad of Gay Tony should have been the base game, not an expansion. Shits all over GTA4.

Seeing the interweaving story was pretty cool though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ballad of Gay Tony should have been the base game, not an expansion. Shits all over GTA4.

Seeing the interweaving story was pretty cool though.

yeah I personally don't really hate gta4, while it had all the rockstar things I hate and it was pretentious as hell, liberty city is amazing and probably one of the best open worlds ever. there's not much to do in it but I just like it, I like walking down the street and looking at random pedestrians do their stuff and going on the subway and all that shit.

with gay tony they added an actual cool story with likable characters and it really makes the game whole for me

and yeah all the crossing stories with lost and damned and gay tony were pretty cool, they could make a pretty neat gta game out of that type of storytelling

hitoshi

Have fun

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Yumsters 2 -- MB-68C1ADD5F6FA856C

I don't think it's from a movie but I'm probably wrong. It might be an intro to the NBA finals coverage possibly, I've seen it before but I just can't remember. He's been doing NBA coverage on TNT for a long time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
BWVIqJj.jpg

All I can think of whenever Shaq is brought up. if only Steam had Shaq-Fu with online play.

Grief.exe

No offense but I still think MGSV is stretching it a little bit. Might as well be asking for Bayonetta 2.

Care to extrapolate your point a bit?

Bringing up Bayonetta 2, completely financed by a platform holder with no previous entries on PC, seems completely different from the reality of the situation.

All I can think of whenever Shaq is brought up. if only Steam had Shaq-Fu with online play.

If only what exactly?

No offense but I still think MGSV is stretching it a little bit. Might as well be asking for Bayonetta 2.

“Of course we are developing on a PC, so we look forward to releasing something on the PC sometime,” said Kojima through an interpreter. “But right now we don’t have a release date. We aren’t really looking to do that right now. That’s not a priority. So, we are making it and we hope to put it out as well.”

-- Kojima.

Which is not to say it will, given their other results so far, but it certainly can.

Jawmuncher

Konami has only recently ported games for the PC to the west that were made from western developers. Lords of Shadow comes to mind. The Metal Gear series has been console exclusive since MGS 2 was ported.

Konami confirmed Rising on PC. Though it's been silent since so who knows what's going on.
I like to pretend konami is secretly bringing all the games to PC. Thus why we haven't gotten any news.

Grief.exe

Konami has only recently ported games for the PC to the west that were made from western developers.

Seems like this part is almost arguing for me. Konami just renewed their interest in PC games and have begun porting Castlevania: LoS, PES, Metal Gear Rising, LoS2, etc. Yet, you are telling me they aren't going to port MGSV? Seems counter-intuitive.

The game that they have probably invested the most in? Including a brand new engine and many years of development?

Being a multiplatform publisher, and a publicly traded company, even ignoring all of the other evidence of the MGSV port, and there is a significant amount, you have to think it would be almost irresponsible for them not to port the game to PC.

You don't think they are working on a x86/x64 version of the MGS Legacy collection?

That game is an off shoot developed by Platinum. If it comes out great.. I'm just saying this publisher does not have much of a history putting games out on steam that are developed by eastern developers.

Arthea

Konami isn't that consistent, so I wouldn't hold my breath for MGS5 port.
I'm not sure we are getting Rising also, there is no release date for it even, is it? Hopefully I'm wrong.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Konami isn't that consistent, so I wouldn't hold my breath for MGS5 port.
I'm not sure we are getting Rising also, there is no release date for it even, is it? Hopefully I'm wrong.

Konami hasn't uttered a word on Rising PC since it was announced with a release date of "soon" almost four months ago. Here's where Konami's "soon" fits on the Valve Time scale:

Valve Time (1): Over two months (TF2's Engineer update)
Konami Time: ~Four months and counting (MGR PC's release date)
Valve Time (2): Nine years (TF2's release date)

Dec

I really don't like Limbo. Once you get so far the puzzles are so obtuse and uninteresting that they just keep killing you to show the solution. Started off so well.

Arthea

I really don't like Limbo. Once you get so far the puzzles are so obtuse and uninteresting that they just keep killing you to show the solution. Started off so well.

I like this style, it really is great and soft and scary (like that combination), but as you said it gets tedious later on. It's great till the spider part, later it gets worse and worse. It's a pity.

Konami hasn't uttered a word on Rising PC since it was announced with a release date of "soon" almost four months ago.

thought so. I have long lived grudge with Konami
for how they treated Suikoden series
so learnt not expect good things from them.

I agree, but at least it didn't outstay its welcome.

As for Konami, I think they will be stuck in the current gen/next gen crossover vortex for a little bit yet. I'm sure they'll work it all out and get to PC in time.

MRORANGE

What's the best racing game on Steam? I already have Burnout pradise and Dirt 3. Already beat Burnout and Dirt 3 sucks.

medium to low settings games, my video card is old.

Try

GRID
NFS SHIFT 1 and 2
NFS:HP
BLUR
DRIVER: San Francisco
Sonic All Stara racing
DIRT 1
Outrun 2006

These should all run pretty well.

I like this style, it really is great and soft and scary (like that combination), but as you said it gets tedious later on. It's great till the spider part, later it gets worse and worse. It's a pity.

The best part of the game is dragging those corpses into the water to get across the water. After this the game gets boring really fast and ends in a part where it felt
misplaced. Great style but thats it.

Clawww

Konami hasn't uttered a word on Rising PC since it was announced with a release date of "soon" almost four months ago.

I'm hoping it's because they're putting in work... I imagine they had to make a lot compromises to get it going on console, maybe they want to fulfill their vision and unleash the game's potential.

B E L I E V E

Dec

What's the best racing game on Steam? I already have Burnout pradise and Dirt 3. Already beat Burnout and Dirt 3 sucks.

My personal favorite is Flatout Ultimate Carnage. Dirt 2 is better than 3.

JaseC

I'm hoping it's because they're putting in work... I imagine they had to make a lot compromises to get it going on console, maybe they want to fulfill their vision and unleash the game's potential.

B E L I E V E

Or better yet, Konami is reacquiring the rights to Saw and will re-release the original game plus finish the internal build of Saw 2 PC, both of which will be pre-purchase incentives for MGR!

Arthea

Somebody wants Saw games? *mindblown*
(><)

Talking about racing games, how come Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was not mentioned yet?!
I was considering getting Dirt games, but decided to wait some more.
Also I still can't believe what EA did to N4S...

Jawmuncher

I still haven't played past the first five minutes of SAW.

It never gets any better. It's just decent all the way through.
Starts to get really repetitive though. Thankfully it's pretty short.
I played the first game and haven't even seen any of the movies. I liked the ideas presented but they could have been handled much better.

B E L I E V E

Judging by the last few weeks, 1080p@60fps is already a lofty goal.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Grid 2 if you're a filthy bastard like me. It is rather arcade style, so pretty easy if you know what you're doing in racers, but it's fun. Though I will say the controls needed adjustment in the menus, as they were hella twitchy at default.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
A heads up for anyone that owns the Kingmaker edition of War of the Roses, it's sequel War of the Vikings early access just went live and the alpha is free to play until October 4th.

Jawmuncher

To anyone who has me on their Steam Friends List. If you see me on it's not me. It's my brother who I sent my PC to so he could play some of the games he missed out on like Metro Last Light. Just in case you are wondering how i'm on steam and yet over here. Also so far PC acess to GAF is decent though the times I can get on are pretty varied.

JaseC

A heads up for anyone that owns the Kingmaker edition of War of the Roses, it's sequel War of the Vikings early access just went live and the alpha is free to play until October 4th.

In addition to the standard version of the game ($20), there are also two DDE tiers:

Blood Eagle Edition ($30)

Take your Viking prowess to the next level with the Blood Eagle Edition, and make friends and foes alike cower at your fearlessness in the face of death!

- Digital Art Book (concept art, level screen art, etc&#8230;)*
- Soundtrack*
- Unique Viking Helmet*
- A base archetype's premium paint unlocked*
- First DLC Archetype without a coin price (Viking Shieldmaiden and Saxon Warrior-maiden counterpart)*
- Bonus Loot to begin customizing faster*
Valhalla Edition ($150)

Every Viking knows that the true war takes place on the fields of Vígríðr after a warrior is taken to Valhalla! But until that great moment you might as well live like a god in War of the Vikings with the Valhalla Edition!

- Digital Art Book (concept art, level screen art, etc&#8230;)*
- Deluxe Soundtrack*
- Unique Viking Helmet*
- Unique Saxon Helmet*
- Lifetime Viking Pass: All current content and future content unlocked for the lifetime of the game*
- Giftable Bonus Loot to help a friend-in-arms begin customizing faster*

Paradox knows my weakness. :p I find it hard to believe that there is $120+ worth of DLC planned for the game, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom