• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

In addition to the standard version of the game ($20), there are also two DDE tiers:

Paradox knows my weakness. :p I find it hard to believe that there is $120+ worth of DLC planned for the game, though.

$150 for Valhalla Edition? They plan to have many dlcs for this game? Paradox believes that vikings will be the key element to make this game a success?

Hey, anyone know where I can get some of the older humble bundles?

Either through giveaways, or through trade. Bundles sites usually don't repeat their old bundles

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
$150 for Valhalla Edition? They plan to have many dlcs for this game? Paradox believes that vikings will be the key element to make this game a success?

Paradox hasn't detailed its DLC plans, which makes the VE a rather dubious proposition at this juncture. It's ~$60 in Russia, though, so I'll jump on it at half off regardless.

Tak3n

Banned
Paradox hasn't detailed its DLC plans, which makes the VE a rather dubious proposition at this juncture. It's ~$60 in Russia, though, so I'll jump on it at half off regardless.

not a fan of all the locking of threads the devs are doing in the steam forum, that always raises my suspicion level...

you are not allowed to mention War of the Roses, gets you an instant lock

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I found Proteus amazingly relaxing... and the fact that you can make your own music by picking what you walk by is... incredibly fun. You're climbing a mountain, all layers of sound dropping away one by one until all you can hear is the wind whooshing past... and then you walk past one of the stones, and its bwong rumbles out the speakers... The ghost wolf is a dick, tho.
Yeah, I likes how the music worked. It was pretty well done. I haven't seen the ghost wolf, where can I find it?

Yep, that's how it is.

It's called "being high as fuck"
Haha, but not necessarily. It'll probably help, but last night I was a little tired and didn't feel like playing anything "big" or "heavy" or "dense". So Proteus was perfect.

I think it was stallion who recommended it for me, can't remember, but whoever it was, thanks for telling me to play ballad of gay tony

loved it, my favorite gta thing since vice city for sure
These are some strong words. I hope you are right, that way I'll have one more good game to play add to my backlog.

kulapik

First one mechanics were better than the kitting bullshit of the second =/

Welp, I don't know if it is a thing of my laptop (it's 2010 and the game 2008, lol) but the only thing he does is swing his sword like he was retarded and in a random moment the enemy dies.

JaseC

not a fan of all the locking of threads the devs are doing in the steam forum, that always raises my suspicion level...

you are not allowed to mention War of the Roses, gets you an instant lock

Seems like a great way to generate some goodwill before release. :p

derExperte

Steam thread on third page, is everyone playing BF4? :)

Just wanted to pimp The Inner World a little after reading RPS' impressions and while it's still discounted. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/01/wot-i-think-the-inner-world/

one of the best translation jobs I’ve seen, a bunch of superb puzzles, and genuinely memorable characters, and you’ve got a modern point and click adventure to recommend without reservation.

Especially the translations were always a problem with those German adventures so I was always wary when recommending something, good to know they got that right.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How early do games typically get store pages on Steam before release? I only ask a Amazon has Lego Marvel Superheroes up for £18 but it looks like a physical DVD copy, and I'd rather have a Steam copy for reasons. The game's a month and a half away from release though so I'm assuming not until a bit closer to the 15th of November.

Volcynika

How early do games typically get store pages on Steam before release? I only ask a Amazon has Lego Marvel Superheroes up for £18 but it looks like a physical DVD copy, and I'd rather have a Steam copy for reasons. The game's a month and a half away from release though so I'm assuming not until a bit closer to the 15th of November.

There's not really a typical thing. Some games don't even have a store page to view until the game's available.

Just finished up with Escape Goat after 98 minutes. It isn't a new game, but I saw only:

captureabj01.png

and thought I'd share some thoughts because I really enjoyed it.

I had low expectations going into it, because I'm not a huge puzzle game fan and it looked like the solutions would quickly get out of hand and become too fiddly. I was happy to find out this wasn't the case.

All the puzzles tended to be pretty straight-forward with few options and a lack of aimless trial and error to work them out. Typically you'll try a switch once, see what happens and can work things out quickly from there. The mechanics are introduced logically and you don't get a constant supply of them. Occasionally you'll get a new block type to deal with, but by and large you build your skills and then apply them in increasingly complicated ways.

What this means is you will always make progress and will never feel stuck. On the other hand, it also means you'll blow through it in an hour and a half. Personally, I really like puzzle games that are actually short and beatable so it was perfect for my tastes.

The controls are extremely tight with flexible double jump and dash mechanics to get you around. Similarly your little offsider behaves just as you would expect it to do so, which means frustration never becomes an issue when implementing your plans.

The graphics are functional, without doing anything special. The music on the other-hand is excellent.

I'd link to the store page...but there doesn't seem to be one..nor any other sign of the game on steam (removed?). Pick it up if you see a bundle floating around or play at http://www.playescapegoat.com.

JaseC

It varies. Generally speaking, store pages for releases from AAA publishers go up whenever the publisher decides whereas indie developers are often made to wait until the game itself has been released.

Deques

It could a day before release, or it could be a year before release.
South Park for example has a store page for a year I think.

Then there are early access games, but that's different

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
toddhunter / others:
The best way to talk about the graphics or music is to just say "Sega Genesis". It's got this Gothic look, the font almost looks like the Columns font, the music reminds me so much of the genesis synth (which was always darker to me than the SNES synth). It feels like a 16-bit game out of time. Even the oddness of being a single-screen platformer in 2011-2013.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
There's not really a typical thing. Some games don't even have a store page to view until the game's available.

It varies. Generally speaking, store pages for releases from AAA publishers go up whenever the publisher decides whereas indie developers are often made to wait until the game itself has been released.

It could a day before release, or it could be a year before release.
South Park for example has a store page for a year I think.

Then there are early access games, but that's different

Thanks, I thought this might be the case. One of my most hotly anticipated titles, so just thought I'd check!

toddhunter / others:
The best way to talk about the graphics or music is to just say "Sega Genesis". It's got this Gothic look, the font almost looks like the Columns font, the music reminds me so much of the genesis synth (which was always darker to me than the SNES synth). It feels like a 16-bit game out of time. Even the oddness of being a single-screen platformer in 2011-2013.

Good call - except for it being a megadrive ;)

You have got me thinking about some of those games like flicky or krusty's funhouse now.

Baha

Seems like Escape Goat desura keys from the Indie Gala weekly bundle it was in now generates a steam key on desura via the collection page.

Deques

Thanks for the info. So basically if you buy War of the Roses now you're getting War of the Vikings Early Access too?

No, just free access to the beta

From the newsletter from Paradox
Awesome news, we know, but it gets even better: if you participated in the War of the Vikings Alpha before today, or you happen to own War of the Roses: Kingmaker, you get to briefly play the Early Access version for free! This free sample lasts through October 4, 2013. After that (or before that, if you’re so inclined) you can buy War of the Vikings in Early Access here with 10% off for the first month if you own War of the Roses.

JaseC

If anyone cares, the Steamkeys for Bunny Must die are online at the back to school Bundle page from Indie Royale.

Bah, apparently I missed that bundle. :( Anywho, here are some unwanted keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Rigonauts -- MB-C700F01AE08B60A6 - Taken by Cth
Sengoku Way of the Warrior -- MB-5E01A1F14F7C8F07 - Taken by The Super Bob
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-815F3C5D24F7033B - Taken by StWilson85
March of the Eagles -- MB-D88F7C51505D4EA7 - Taken by Arthea

Oh awesome, thanks JaseC!

ESJ was the only thing I was interested in for the bundle but, for the sake of being more frugal and saving for a house, I decided to keep my money in my pocket.

Best of both worlds now, thanks again!

Raytow

Welp, I don't know if it is a thing of my laptop (it's 2010 and the game 2008, lol) but the only thing he does is swing his sword like he was retarded and in a random moment the enemy dies.
Well didn't say it was good, just better than the crap we got for the 2nd game...
I remember there was some kind of clicking timing to get proper hits, and you needed to pirouette around the enemies and jump over them sometimes aka outmaneuver them.

JaseC

Oh awesome, thanks JaseC!

ESJ was the only thing I was interested in for the bundle but, for the sake of being more frugal and saving for a house, I decided to keep my money in my pocket.
Best of both worlds now, thanks again!
Thanks for march of the eagles, Jasec.

What bundle was this game in? I missed it, it seems
Thanks JaseC for Rigonauts, been wanting to try this one!
Thanks JaseC! Will give it a go later.

No worries. :)

This leaves:

- Anachronox
- Gangsters: Organised Crime
- Pandemonium! and Pandemonium! 2
- Startopia

Jawmuncher

No steam trading cards for Daikatana?
For Shame. I was thinking at this point Cards were basically standard. I mean they're a win win situation aren't there?
Or is there some hidden cost or something for adding cards?

JaseC

For Shame. I was thinking at this point Cards were basically standard. I mean they're a win win situation aren't there?

Daikatana was just copy-pasted over from GOG. It's not, even loosely speaking, a new release; if the game had released on Steam first, though, it may have received cards.

I was hoping that these recent classic Eidos releases would prompt some card additions, which would make them go back and add them to Deus Ex. All these cards on Steam and most of the games I want don't get 'em.

Turfster

I was hoping that these recent classic Eidos releases would prompt some card additions, which would make them go back and add them to Deus Ex. All these cards on Steam and most of the games I want don't get 'em.
I would kill for cards in the Deus Ex games, giving me an excuse to play all of them again. (Yes, even IW)

I'm more interested in Colonial Marines than Daikatana.

Daikatana is objectively the better game with better AI.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow BF4 is still a total piece of shit just like 3, even after I went into the settings to unbind right click so I wouldn't be tempted to aim down sights.

I alt-F4'd after about 5 minutes.

EA really makes Origin such a compelling alternative to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom