• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Nope, Devs profit from it as well.

Daikatana was just copy-pasted over from GOG. It's not, even loosely speaking, a new release; if the game had released on Steam first, though, it may have received cards.

Ahh ok that helps put it all into perspective.

I was hoping that these recent classic Eidos releases would prompt some card additions, which would make them go back and add them to Deus Ex. All these cards on Steam and most of the games I want don't get 'em.

Yeah i'm hoping more devs in general start hitting up their old games to add cards.
From the look of things they don't even need to handle anything ingame to add them, since it all seems to be handled by Steam itself.
Wouldn't be surprised if we see a bunch of old games on sale this holiday with the main focus being "Buy it at this cheap price because it has cards now!".

Knurek

I know that the game is old news, but really, every puzzle platforming game should have a rewind option like Toki Tori does. Every last one of them.

O15k9.png

KingKong

No worries. :)

This leaves:

- Anachronox
- Gangsters: Organised Crime
- Pandemonium! and Pandemonium! 2
- Startopia

No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
Giants Citizen Kabuto

a ton of games I remember reading about in PC Gamer mags in the early 2000s. man I wish I still had them

Just finished up with Escape Goat after 98 minutes. It isn't a new game, but I saw only:

captureabj01.png

and thought I'd share some thoughts because I really enjoyed it.

I had low expectations going into it, because I'm not a huge puzzle game fan and it looked like the solutions would quickly get out of hand and become too fiddly. I was happy to find out this wasn't the case.

All the puzzles tended to be pretty straight-forward with few options and a lack of aimless trial and error to work them out. Typically you'll try a switch once, see what happens and can work things out quickly from there. The mechanics are introduced logically and you don't get a constant supply of them. Occasionally you'll get a new block type to deal with, but by and large you build your skills and then apply them in increasingly complicated ways.

What this means is you will always make progress and will never feel stuck. On the other hand, it also means you'll blow through it in an hour and a half. Personally, I really like puzzle games that are actually short and beatable so it was perfect for my tastes.

The controls are extremely tight with flexible double jump and dash mechanics to get you around. Similarly your little offsider behaves just as you would expect it to do so, which means frustration never becomes an issue when implementing your plans.

The graphics are functional, without doing anything special. The music on the other-hand is excellent.

I'd link to the store page...but there doesn't seem to be one..nor any other sign of the game on steam (removed?). Pick it up if you see a bundle floating around or play at http://www.playescapegoat.com.

It hasn't launched on Steam yet, will do so later this week I think.

I love it, even though the graphics are very simple I think they have great atmosphere.. and the music is amazing!

Looking forward to Escape Goat 2 http://www.magicaltimebean.com/escape-goat-2/

Turfster

In all seriousness I would much rather play Bad Rats and it's not even close. I had a look at the Steam page for the game and it looks truly awful.

I played this. At launch.
The multiplayer was great!
We would drag our computers and 20kg monitors to the house of the guy with the network, and spend an entire day playing it!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know that the game is old news, but really, every puzzle platforming game should have a rewind option like Toki Tori does. Every last one of them.

Yeah, it's a really fantastic implementation of it. I think more games in general should have a rewind feature.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Just finished up with Escape Goat after 98 minutes. It isn't a new game, but I saw only:

captureabj01.png

and thought I'd share some thoughts because I really enjoyed it.

I had low expectations going into it, because I'm not a huge puzzle game fan and it looked like the solutions would quickly get out of hand and become too fiddly. I was happy to find out this wasn't the case.

All the puzzles tended to be pretty straight-forward with few options and a lack of aimless trial and error to work them out. Typically you'll try a switch once, see what happens and can work things out quickly from there. The mechanics are introduced logically and you don't get a constant supply of them. Occasionally you'll get a new block type to deal with, but by and large you build your skills and then apply them in increasingly complicated ways.

What this means is you will always make progress and will never feel stuck. On the other hand, it also means you'll blow through it in an hour and a half. Personally, I really like puzzle games that are actually short and beatable so it was perfect for my tastes.

The controls are extremely tight with flexible double jump and dash mechanics to get you around. Similarly your little offsider behaves just as you would expect it to do so, which means frustration never becomes an issue when implementing your plans.

The graphics are functional, without doing anything special. The music on the other-hand is excellent.

I'd link to the store page...but there doesn't seem to be one..nor any other sign of the game on steam (removed?). Pick it up if you see a bundle floating around or play at http://www.playescapegoat.com.

Looks like it's been greenlit, so I don't think it's available to buy yet on Steam as it sounds like he is still getting it running in the client:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951461

Sounds like a game I'd like to own. Thanks Todd.

If you're planning on doing a boss run and you already found the boss door on the previous run, just use the Architect before entering the castle, then warp directly to the boss door.

Thanks for the tip, I thought that Architect locked the next castle, not the previous one. Didn't get to use him though as I easily blasted through the boss right after reading that message :) Gigantism and good magic (the sword blocker thing) made all the difference in the world and beat the boss with getting only couple of hits.

KingKong

oh man Motocross Madness 2! that game ruled. Midtown Madness 1 and 2 were so awesome too, playing cops and robbers online was so damn cool

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh man Motocross Madness 2! that game ruled. Midtown Madness 1 and 2 were so awesome too, playing cops and robbers online was so damn cool

I'd love to see the Madness games re-released. I wasted so much time in Monster Truck Madness driving off the track and using giant hills as jumps.

The_Monk

Finally back home did I miss anything? It seems some people are enjoying BF4 Beta, need to check some streams or videos.

I'm completely numb from the chin to my left ear and I'm starving, 2nd surgery was worse, I want to be able to eat but right now is impossible./rant

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I never played this, but I have a sick curiosity about it. But I don't want to become John Romero's bitch.

How much is it? Can't enter Steam at work.

Fuck yeah! The Motocross Madness games have the only good use of invisible walls I've seen. And the Midtown Madness ones are among my favorite racing games ever. So much time was wasted cruising down Chicago and San Francisco (never cared much for London).

Finally back home did I miss anything? It seems some people are enjoying BF4 Beta, need to check some streams or videos.

I'm completely numb from the chin to my left ear and I'm starving, 2nd surgery was worse, I want to be able to eat but right now is impossible./rant
Yooooou have becooooome comfortably numb!

Hope you recover soon!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Hang in there man, you'll be well again in no time! :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reposting this from last night in case anyone missed it :)

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.

I never played this, but I have a sick curiosity about it. But I don't want to become John Romero's bitch.

How much is it? Can't enter Steam at work.

Fuck yeah! The Motocross Madness games have the only good use of invisible walls I've seen. And the Midtown Madness ones are among my favorite racing games ever. So much time was wasted cruising down Chicago and San Francisco (never cared much for London).

The game is awful. I traded in some games when it first came out to get it(wasnt paying cash for it). I would wait until it's on sale for a buck or whatever, if you're just curious. It plays like a really, really shitty Quake 2 mod.

The_Monk

Reposting this from last night in case anyone missed it :)

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.

Thanks jshackles. This is amazing, make sure to let us know, again when November 2nd. Can't wait to watch this.

Important question: do you like Coffee? 25 Hours straight must be tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom