• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Spent over 70 hours on 2k13 - probably my favorite RPG on Steam, here's to 2k14 version being even better.

I spent over 200 hours in 2K13....

HNxs43M.png

2K14 is a current gen port, fuck that shit. I will buy them again when they start working with the PS4 version.
I watched some gameplay footage of 2K14 (current gen) and they didn't even change the interface of the scoreboard or menus :/

Copons

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - S01E04 (I think)

I've killed my first knight just by pure skillz (the one in Undead Burg died after a bazillion of firebombs because I was too scared to approach him :D )!!
It was the one in the cathedral of Undead Parish, where there is the guy throwing some kind of spell and mumbling stuff.
I felt like the king of the world.

The sorcerer guy was big and scary and the first caster I met, and I thought he was a boss or something, so I threw him bombs but he died after just two of them. Ha, disappooooointing!

BTW, the big skeletons with cloak, rapier and small round shield, are fucking hard goddamit!

There is another white light door and again I'm too scared to go through. :D

Turfster

People need to ask GAFfer Toma if Reus is good. I know he will give you the best answer.

Or I could just quote myself from this morning ;)
Made level 3 in Reus and can now play for 120 minutes before my giants go to sleep.
It's weird. The mechanics are... extremely limited, and built for frustration, but every so often I go back to it and play for a while longer...

It's not a bad game per se, but it has its flaws. Still, I keep returning to it, so it can't be all bad.
I'm definitely not sad I bought it.

Nabs

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - S01E04 (I think)

I've killed my first knight just by pure skillz (the one in Undead Burg died after a bazillion of firebombs because I was too scared to approach him :D )!!
It was the one in the cathedral of Undead Parish, where there is the guy throwing some kind of spell and mumbling stuff.
I felt like the king of the world.

The sorcerer guy was big and scary and the first caster I met, and I thought he was a boss or something, so I threw him bombs but he died after just two of them. Ha, disappooooointing!

BTW, the big skeletons with cloak, rapier and small round shield, are fucking hard goddamit!

There is another white light door and again I'm too scared to go through. :D

Believe.

Copons

Reus updated today.
I haven't launched it since this summer so I really don't know, but I remember devs saying they wanted to put in new stuff like a weather system. Is this the case?

Turfster

Reus updated today.
I haven't launched it since this summer so I really don't know, but I remember devs saying they wanted to put in new stuff like a weather system. Is this the case?

Oh thank god, they added different planet sizes, and a couple of different game modes.
No weather stuff tho.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For the people that were asking about racing games, Gamefly has a 50% off Grid 2, get FUEL free sale going today as part of its Codemasters sale.

The other pertinent Steamworks games are:

- Dirt Showdown (67% off; $9.99)
- F1 2012 (66% off; $13.59)
- F1 Race Stars (66% off; $13.59)

If you're just after FUEL, though, Overlord and Clive Barker's Jericho are your cheapest options (both 66% off/$1.69). Also, don't forget to use GFDOCT20 (or GFDOCT20UK if you're in the UK) to knock down the price by a further 20%.

Meh deals.

On the bright side, I can forgive myself for buying Arma Tactics on a whim yesterday.

Just re-posting this from my "blog":

I played Daikatana today.

The game has horrible graphics, a clunky interface, impractical weapons and terrible AI. Why on earth would I play it?

Because Daikatana’s graphics are like nothing I’ve seen before or since. Because its insane interface is completely unique. Because its bizarre weapons are fascinating and challenging to use efficiently. Because its terrible AI is utterly hilarious. Because its hidden secrets are evocative of the early era of maze-like FPS titles like Quake and Shadow Warrior. Because it has one of the largest, most diverse rosters of enemies ever seen in a shooter.

Because sometimes, received opinion restricts you from discovering a unique experience. Gamers will punish you with verbal abuse if you say you like something that conventional wisdom has deemed to be awful.

I don’t know about you, but I’m much more interested in what’s good about a game that what makes it suck. A million bad ideas are still ideas.

Post-script: Have you ever played the Game Boy Color version of Daikatana? It’s a superb little action RPG in the vein of The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and the James Bond 007 game for the monochrome Game Boy. One of the system’s greatest under-played titles.

The other pertinent Steamworks games are:

- Dirt Showdown (67% off; $9.99)
- F1 2012 (66% off; $13.59)
- F1 Race Stars (66% off; $13.59)

If you're just after FUEL, though, Overlord and Clive Barker's Jericho are your cheapest options (both 66% off/$1.69). Also, don't forget to use GFDOCT20 (or GFDOCT20UK if you're in the UK) to knock down the price by a further 20%.

On the bright side, I can forgive myself for buying Arma Tactics on a whim yesterday.
Are fuel and Jericho registerable on steam? thats not a bad haul for $1.50

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would say the Gameboy Color game is more similar to Crystalis.

Of which the NES version is still in my top 25 games of all time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it looks like yet another Indie Bundle is launching tomorrow. No website yet.

https://twitter.com/BigBadBundle

Someone guessed it would have:

• Hack Slash Loot
  • Hamlet
  • Vessel
  • Gateways
  • Bad Bots
  • Kung Fu Strike

and they responded that 3 of those games would be included. So... nothing to see here really just a heads up.

Daellon

Neo Member
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the few of you that accepted the friend requests I sent out. I live in an area where the most gaming that takes place will be NCAA Football, so there are few people that I know who actually use Steam

You helped me get the Hardware Beta badge, so thanks again!

Grief.exe

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the few of you that accepted the friend requests I sent out. I live in an area where the most gaming that takes place will be NCAA Football, so there are few people that I know who actually use Steam

You helped me get the Hardware Beta badge, so thanks again!

No problem.

Turfster

Man, even after the update, Reus still does silly stuff.
Why the hell would a marsh village on the edge of a sea try to develop a geologist, which needs mountains?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Don't you go there. Dirt Showdown is pertinent to no one.

Why does absolutely everyone hate on Dirt Showdown? If you think of it as its own game rather than a game in the Dirt series you'll have much better luck. It's a super arcadey demolition derby game and it's amazing fun. It was one of the most fun games I played last year and everybody just writes it off because it's not a rally sim.

There's a big Civ 5 fall patch coming up and it's available for public testing.

Downloading the main game beta:
Right-click on the game name within Steam, and select “Properties”.
Select the “BETAS” tab.
Enter the password “publicbetaplease” into the text field, and click “Check Code”.
After the code is verified, select “publicbeta” from the pull-down menu.
Click “Close”.
Within a few minutes, the update will start to download.
Once the update completes, you will know if the update was a success if you start the game, and the version number under the main menu reads “1.0.3.124”.

Grief.exe

I don't put too much value into Metacritic scores, but the Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior scores are painfully low.

I have not played Shadow Warrior yet, so I cannot vouch for that one, but both games are averaging around a 70? Disgusting.

I don't put too much value into Metacritic scores, but the Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior scores are painfully low.

I have not played Shadow Warrior yet, so I cannot vouch for that one, but both games are averaging around a 70? Disgusting.
I'd say that's about right for Hard Reset, as I haven't played the new Shadow Warrior either. I mean I know modern times are starved for shooters like it, but I didn't find the weapon variety, enemy types and general gunplay to be all that great; and environmentally I thought the game falls apart once you leave the city. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

jediyoshi

Why does absolutely everyone hate on Dirt Showdown? If you think of it as its own game rather than a game in the Dirt series you'll have much better luck. It's a super arcadey demolition derby game and it's amazing fun. It was one of the most fun games I played last year and everybody just writes it off because it's not a rally sim.

I adored Dirt 3 and its non-rally parts. It's probably the only thing that's scratched my PGR itch since (haven't tried Grid 2 yet).

Showdown feels really haphazardly thrown together when it's being anything other than a demolition derby game. The events where you go down linear paths doing gymkhana don't stack up with when you just have free reign in an area. The new tracks aren't much fun for racing and visually feel so much more dead. It almost consistently falls all over the place performance wise compared to any of the other Dirt games. When it's not a very good Dirt game, it just feels like not a very fun FlatOut game.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I adored Dirt 3 and its non-rally parts. It's probably the only thing that's scratched my PGR itch since (haven't tried Grid 2 yet).

Showdown feels really haphazardly thrown together when it's being anything other than a demolition derby game. The events where you go down linear paths doing gymkhana don't stack up with when you just have free reign in an area. The new tracks aren't much fun for racing and visually feel so much more dead. It almost consistently falls all over the place performance wise compared to any of the other Dirt games. When it's not a very good Dirt game, it just feels like not a very fun FlatOut game.

If you really want that PGR itch scratched then play Blur. Made by the PGR team and plays like PGR except mixed with kart racer powerups. If you don't like the powerups then you can play the hardcore racing mode.

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom