• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
GAF will probably never come back, nor should it, as the pinnacle of gaming will have been reached.

You say that, but it'll just be a collectible card game with special badge creation/collection abilities. Great A.I. follower though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
to be fair, it's not the news, it's that shinobi broke news that the whole rest of the internet linked to :p
Oh, is that what happened? I thought EviLore had secretly sold GAF to the government a couple years ago.

Tenrius

Oh, is that what happened? I thought Evilore had secretly sold GAF to the government a couple years ago.

That thread is still on the front page of reddit (you can actually go to reddit.com and see for yourself right now; I'm not very much familiar with their layout, but the GAF logo there looks peculiar).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like a new Steam Indie bundle is launching tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/BigBadBundle

What we know:

• No website yet
  • Six Steam Indie games
Three of these six games will be included, not sure which:

1. Hack Slash Loot
2. Hamlet
3. Vessel
4. Gateways
5. Bad Bots
6. Kung Fu Strike

Looks like it's been greenlit, so I don't think it's available to buy yet on Steam as it sounds like he is still getting it running in the client:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951461

Sounds like a game I'd like to own. Thanks Todd.

Yeah, been looking since then and Escape Goat already runs on steam...because that is where I activated my key from the humble store! But I talked to the dev and they reckon it is about to go live properly. I really have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit and the sequel looks even better.

Looks like a new Steam Indie bundle is launching tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/BigBadBundle

Wouldn't be an indie bundle without Vessel so that is in. If it is included, I recommend Gateways as a very interesting little game.

Decado

A friend and I have been having quite a bit of trouble with the lag in steam playing multiplayer (co-op, mostly).

Games have been lagging a fair bit and steam voice chat is tends to lag around 3 seconds. This has really been an issue over the past month or so. Weren't really have problems before. Has rendered Renegade Ops unplayable in online co-op.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Have there been problems with steam lately?

We're both on high speed internet.

MRORANGE

A friend and I have been having quite a bit of trouble with the lag in steam playing multiplayer (co-op, mostly).

Games have been lagging a fair bit and steam voice chat is tends to lag around 3 seconds. This has really been an issue over the past month or so. Weren't really have problems before. Has rendered Renegade Ops unplayable in online co-op.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Have there been problems with steam lately?

Are you in a campus by any chance and have ports blocked? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

maneil99

Try W7 Updates, sounds weird but it helped me ( SP1 in specific )

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Paranautical Activity seems to be an interesting game. It's too dark for my liking, and sometimes it's hard to dodge enemy projectiles, but it looks nice. And the music is very cool.

Managed to kill the 2nd level miniboss, but then my PC slowed down (I should try using that program to increase the graphics card fan speed, whose name I totally forgot) and I was killed by a random mob. I had only one heart left, so I definitely had zero chances even if I reached the boss unharmed.

maneil99

Paranautical Activity seems to be an interesting game. It's too dark for my liking, and sometimes it's hard to dodge enemy projectiles, but it looks nice. And the music is very cool.

Managed to kill the 2nd level miniboss, but then my PC slowed down (I should try using that program to increase the graphics card fan speed, whose name I totally forgot) and I was killed by a random mob. I had only one heart left, so I definitely had zero chances even if I reached the boss unharmed.

EVGA/AfterBurner

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm interested only if it is related to Beetleborgs in some way.

My little sister watched that when I was a teen. It was like a gimped Power Rangers. Only character I can remember is the blue Jay Leno dude.

My little sister watched that when I was a teen. It was like a gimped Power Rangers. Only character I can remember is the blue Jay Leno dude.

EFZ21EE.jpg

Colin.

Hmm conflicting thoughts here about getting Call of Duty 4, through the current Amazon offer. Still a bit high, but probably as low as it will get with Activision. Put in many hours on the PS3, and was one of my favourite FPS games. But the novelty might wear off because of all that time spent on it previously, idk. How are the custom maps/mods on PC? On the fence for now.

I'm interested only if it is related to Beetleborgs in some way.

You brought back some old memories.

SteamGAF I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas in the past days, other than the eventual crashes and failing to load a save I'm in love with the game. The writing is so good, I care about the main NPC's and even the "we are here only to make number" NPC's. While doing the tutorial with Sunny Smiles her dog died and she got pretty sad and I felt bad because it, reloaded a previous save and managed to kill the Geckos before they could do any harm.

While I like some NPC's I alredy despite others like Deputy Beagle the guy is a
useless coward who don't want to assume as Primm sheriff and don't like when I choose to put the NCR in charge of the city.
Another already hated character is Vulpes Inculta,
all the "scene" where you arrive in Nipton and see the Power Gangs being crucified and leading to you meeting with him was a memorable moment.

Other point that I'm liking is how grey the moral is in this game
citing Nipton as example, you discover what happened to the city but once you start exploring it and finding diverse logs showing how corrupt it was, even a NPC comment how it was a shithole, you notice how corrupt it was and that they could have avoided the destruction.

Can't wait to play more.

Khronico

You brought back some old memories.

SteamGAF I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas in the past days, other than the eventual crashes and failing to load a save I'm in love with the game. The writing is so good, I care about the main NPC's and even the "we are here only to make number" NPC's. While doing the tutorial with Sunny Smiles her dog died and she got pretty sad and I felt bad because it, reloaded a previous save and managed to kill the Geckos before they could do any harm.

While I like some NPC's I alredy despite others like Deputy Beagle the guy is a
useless coward who don't want to assume as Primm sheriff and don't like when I choose to put the NCR in charge of the city.
Another already hated character is Vulpes Inculta,
all the "scene" where you arrive in Nipton and see the Power Gangs being crucified and leading to you meeting with him was a memorable moment.

Other point that I'm liking is how grey the moral is in this game
citing Nipton as example, you discover what happened to the city but once you start exploring it and finding diverse logs showing how corrupt it was, even a NPC comment how it was a shithole, you notice how corrupt it was and that they could have avoided the destruction.

Can't wait to play more.

New Vegas is an an amazing game (and one of this generations best games imo), glad you like it so much. Be sure to try out all four main quest lines, it's REALLY worth it. Also the expansions are all solid, ranging from divisive (Dead Money, which I personally loved, but some don't) to downright awesome (Old World Blues)

KarmaCow

Ittle Dew is definitely worth it. For those interested in the announcement LTTP2's flexibility in progression, Ittle Dew is basically that, albeit on a smaller scale. I keep meaning to go back to it but I've been distracted by 3DS games.

Often described as what "God of War" could have been. Don't miss your chance to add this amazing game to your steam library.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Garshasp The Monster Slayer -- MB-92C829BF10204BEE - Taken by MajorMelchett

I still think Garshasp wasnt as bad as people made it out to be.

The only strange thing was, that somehow the right analog-stick was made for movement.

maneil99

Hmm conflicting thoughts here about getting Call of Duty 4, through the current Amazon offer. Still a bit high, but probably as low as it will get with Activision. Put in many hours on the PS3, and was one of my favourite FPS games. But the novelty might wear off because of all that time spent on it previously, idk. How are the custom maps/mods on PC? On the fence for now.

Its very alive, I actually have a spare CD KEY I can send, would require you to torrent the game though.

Though you guys might be interested

Proxy Blade, on Greenlight and Indiegogo
Proxy Blade is an action game with a deep combat system. You play as Fenrir: an advanced proxy blade prototype, fighting to protect humanity against a band of rogue machines.
You will have multiple attack types, dodge, parry, everything you need to face battle as you like, creating different combos on the fly while evading projectiles and countering enemy assaults with devastating counter-attacks.
iby60vAK1ygT8N.gif

Colin.

Its very alive, I actually have a spare CD KEY I can send, would require you to torrent the game though.

I would have no qualms about that, very kind of you to offer. Would I still be able to play multiplayer with those who have it on Steam? I'm sure that's the case, but just making sure.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

If he doesn't want it then I'll take it off your hands as I think I still have a legit COD4 copy but the cdkey is used in storage.

EDIT:NVM didn't read the above post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom