• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

That's not what I asked. I asked what do you guys think will happen in HL3, mannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Alyx dies trying to avenge her father and Gordon sacrifices himself to save the planet, or he and Alyx walk off together into the sunset and we finally hear him say something.

Tenrius

My only impression of that TB guy, besides being one of those "youtube personalities" which is an automatic ignore for me, is when he made himself look like an idiot on twitter during that time when we had that No DRM campaign going. Not the best first impression to make.

edit; I'm just now realizing how late I am to that conversation. I need to stop replying to stuff before I finish catching up on a thread.

Well, since I'm even more late to this conversation than you are, I can add that I've only really seen his videos linked on GAF. Even tried watching a few, but wasn't able to watch any of them for more than half a minute. Just not my thing, I guess. I don't understand why people can get upset about him though, even if they seem to share my viewpoint.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Does it need to innovate greatly to still be really good?

It doesn't need to, but Valve tends to certainly try to do more creative things in the Half Life games than the competition is doing, so I'd kind of expect it from HL3. I just can't think of how exactly though...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alyx dies trying to avenge her father and Gordon sacrifices himself to save the planet, or he and Alyx walk off together into the sunset and we finally hear him say something.

Fun fact: Valve experimented with this in Portal 2. At the end of the game, (spoilers!)
where you need to resolve the stalemate during the final boss fight, Chell uttered her one and only line, but Valve, feeling that it seemed overly contrived and just plain odd, ultimately cut it out

Knurek

Someone from Team Red can help me out?

I've noticed while running (mostly) older games, that some of them tend to disable 'AMD color controls', making the whole desktop brighter/dimer even after quiting the game.

Bioshock 2 does that, and I'm sure older Unreal Engine based games do that too.

Any idea on how to make them not do that. The fewer time I need to open up CCC, the better.

FloatOn

Also late to the total biscuit discussion so I'll keep this brief.

He is my favorite brit commentator I've encountered yet. Mainly because he actually likes things worth a damn.

Unlike Yahtzee who hates everything and Jim Sterling who likes shitty things.

Aitor

Someone take this:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-B4951BA95A55DE8C - Taken by chronomac

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm okay with HL3 being just another fps because I've enjoyed the gameplay, story, and characters Valve have createdmso far. All I want is a sequel. To see what's next. Yeah, the critics will be out there whining about this or that. But all I care about are having my needs being met. Continue the story. Give me fun puzzles to solve. Give me new weaponss. Introduce new enemies. That's all it needs to do. More people will love it than hate it. Sure the vocals critics will be heard more so than the people that will love it but that's always the case. Plenty of people enjoyed MGS4 but you would think it's one of the worst game ever judging by how some poeple speak about it on GAF. It doesn't need to innovate or win awards. Valve should try to innovate but ultimately the should just give us another game.

AkuMifune

Banned
Fun fact: Valve experimented with this in Portal 2. At the end of the game, (spoilers!)
where you need to resolve the stalemate during the final boss fight, Chell uttered her one and only line, but Valve, feeling that it seemed overly contrived and just plain odd, ultimately cut it out

Huh. Weird. Maybe for the best, but can't help feeling it would have been awesome. But hard to make that ending more awesome.

Crap I want to play Portal 2 again.

The value, for me anyways, in Total Biscuits WTF is... series is simply being able to see a prolonged play session of a given game I may be interested in. You can just watch a giant chunk of the game being played through. His opinions and slacktivism through youtube or twitter you can take or leave.

AkuMifune

Banned
I have these coupons if anyone wanted one, just PM.

10% off Shadow Warrior
75% off Faerie Solitaire
50% off Bad Bots
75% off Earth 2160
90% off Pressure
50% off Magicka
66% off A New Beginning - Final Cut
75% off Two Worlds II

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it so much to ask that Borderlands 2 DLC also be on sale? Would have probably picked up the Psycho pack if it were 66% off.

Would have paid to see Glados' and Wheatley's reaction to that. But yeah, after all that time it would have seemed weird. It's safe to say Gordon also won't talk, no matter how people find silent protags archaic.

I found the way Bio1 and SS2 handled their protags a bit weird in this regard.

Tenrius

Is it so much to ask that Borderlands 2 DLC also be on sale? Would have probably picked up the Psycho pack if it were 66% off.

The season pass was 66% off at one point during the summer sale. Peculiarly enough, that discount was removed the next time Borderlands 2 was on the dailies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Borderlands 2 DLC not being on sale is yet another kindness from our benevolent benefactors at 2k.

Your money would be better used simply thrown atop a literal pile of garbage.

JaseC

The Blands 2 DLC not being discounted doesn't bode well for the BioInf "Columbia's Finest" DLC, in which case I've already bought all I need.

2K needs to be informed that attempting to force full-price DLC purchases is an exercise in futility.

Firebrand

XCOM: Enemy Within is 32.5% off at GMG with voucher GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ.
(Note: Voucher probably won't work for XCOM:EW in North America)

didamangi

The Blands 2 DLC not being discounted doesn't bode well for the BioInf DLC, in which case I've already bought all I need.

2K needs to be informed that attempting to force full-price DLC purchases is an exercise in futility.

Nah, they'll keep at it until the GOTY version comes out.

Of course when on sale they'll discount the GOTY version at a better price than the season pass, just like the first game ;)

It's probably a pricing error. 2k just had a publisher sale on Xbox live last week and all the dlc was discounted for Borderlands 2 cept the ultimate upgrade pack 2.

JaseC

It's probably a pricing error. 2k just had a publisher sale on Xbox live last week and all the dlc was discounted for Borderlands 2 cept the ultimate upgrade pack 2.

Oh, it's deliberate. As I said, this is far from the first time it's happened. I think 2K has been ill-informed of the "Steam users will buy anything" phenomenon.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Ya, I bought it a few weeks ago. Just want other folks to try it out :)
It looks so cheerful and appealing. Too bad I haven't had an appetite for anything but puzzle games and the occasional platformer lately. :/ If I bought it now it'd just collect digital dust.

On this note, English Country Tune is really good (so far, though I don't expect that to change). I'm sure most of you knew that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom