• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

Just finished off Thomas Was Alone today. I quite enjoyed it, simple and charming little platformer. The only thing I didn't like was when you had so many cubes to switch back and forth from. Like, I could know exactly what I needed to do, but all the switching and time it took could get tedious. I completed it in just over 4 hours, but I imagine some could in 3. Definitely worth giving a try if you got it in a bundle, and it's collecting virtual dust like mine was.

Great, Fallout: New Vegas don't want to load any of my saves it get stuck in the loading screen forever. :'(

I know you've solved the problem, but it could happen again. I had this too. The short of it is one's saves are not corrupted. If your optimal save isn't loading, you can try other saves or a new game, then loading the optimal. If the game world is already loaded, I'm fairly certain it will not fail on loading a different save of it. There are several internet threads on this, I see today... some of the explanations and tips make sense to me while some don't. I don't know, but in the past I assumed it is a confluence of my weak bootcamped laptop with AMD graphics trying to load everything including custom radio music that is save-stated from HDD.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 has a 2v2 multiplayer that would be very fun between friends and would be a great addition to Steam.

It's all good for customers who just want Valve games, but for the rest of the industry, Valve is a force that can't be rivalled with and if they decide to release something in the field where you were previously having some 'normal' competition with other publishers, on PC, Valve can simply crush you all into dust. Competition is healthy, but this isn't competition, it's murder.

Bit late, but League of Legends is just one example of why this isn't really true.

Nabs

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - S01E05

Ok so there is this knight in the Darkroot Basin. I go full throttle and then full nope. I lure him upon a wide area but then I miss a step and fall off the ledge. He follows me, the dumb fuck. Hell yeah! Knight down, loot and souls dropped, ooooh yes.
Then I go back to retrieve all my stuff back, but I run too fast and fall off the ledge again. Lost something like 15K souls and 3 humanities. How I love this game FFS.

Then I decide to say screw the woods because I'm scared of them and go back finding my way to the Depths. Don't know why they call 'em Dephts, they're fucking sewers, just call 'em Sewers already.
There is this rat just outside the bonfire room, hidden in a box. He gets me every single fucking time I come out of the bonfire room. Fuck him. And my short term memory too.

So, yeah, I'm at this point where I can choose between two foggy doors. One is supposed to bring me against the huge rat, the other is deeper in the Depths, down a brick wall, probably opening to a huge area filled with toxic sludge or something.
I don't know where I'm going to be brutally killed next so I'm calling it a day.
Probably going against the rat first, tho, cause it feels somewhat more safer than running around in a 40 square km room with apparently nothing inside.

Luv you all, good night. <3

This is great. I can't wait to hear about that second fog door.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Why? Enslaved isn't that good, dude.

I'd go further than that and say it's fucking awful. Shit platforming, shit combat and I didn't find the story or characters that engaging either. But then that's business as usual with Ninja Theory.

Hanzou

Umm so I think Steam gave my Dead Island Dark Tide for free. I downloaded it during the free weekend last week and never got around to deleting it. It is sitting in my library but instead of the button saying "Play" it says "Purchase", makes sense. Now I know Steam has had this glitch for me at least( I think I have heard other people talk about it) where if you wait until after the free weekend is over to delete it, while "deleting all local content" removes it from your library it actually leaves the Files on your hard drive. Have had this happen a couple times in the past Sonic Racing one I can remmber somewhat recently

I decided to try running the .exe and voila, it works! Played a couple minutes and all is good. Anyone else have this or once I restart steam will it do a check and now delete the game files?

Turfster

... and then Bioshock 2 crashed after the next loading screen, and kept crashing there on load.
Seriously guys, my system isn't bad, so what the hell is going on?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Umm so I think Steam gave my Dead Island Dark Tide for free. I downloaded it during the free weekend last week and never got around to deleting it. It is sitting in my library but instead of the button saying "Play" it says "Purchase", makes sense. Now I know Steam has had this glitch for me at least( I think I have heard other people talk about it) where if you wait until after the free weekend is over to delete it, while "deleting all local content" removes it from your library it actually leaves the Files on your hard drive. Have had this happen a couple times in the past Sonic Racing one I can remmber somewhat recently

I decided to try running the .exe and voila, it works! Played a couple minutes and all is good. Anyone else have this or once I restart steam will it do a check and now delete the game files?

Free Weekend content needs to be manually deleted. Many people actually hate that it isn't automatically uninstalled.

Clawww

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - S01E05

Ok so there is this knight in the Darkroot Basin. I go full throttle and then full nope. I lure him upon a wide area but then I miss a step and fall off the ledge. He follows me, the dumb fuck. Hell yeah! Knight down, loot and souls dropped, ooooh yes.
Then I go back to retrieve all my stuff back, but I run too fast and fall off the ledge again. Lost something like 15K souls and 3 humanities. How I love this game FFS.

Then I decide to say screw the woods because I'm scared of them and go back finding my way to the Depths. Don't know why they call 'em Dephts, they're fucking sewers, just call 'em Sewers already.
There is this rat just outside the bonfire room, hidden in a box. He gets me every single fucking time I come out of the bonfire room. Fuck him. And my short term memory too.

So, yeah, I'm at this point where I can choose between two foggy doors. One is supposed to bring me against the huge rat, the other is deeper in the Depths, down a brick wall, probably opening to a huge area filled with toxic sludge or something.
I don't know where I'm going to be brutally killed next so I'm calling it a day.
Probably going against the rat first, tho, cause it feels somewhat more safer than running around in a 40 square km room with apparently nothing inside.

Luv you all, good night. <3

I'm on my first play through of Dark Souls also, and pretty much at the same point you're at. Except I did one thing very differently...it'll be interesting to see your experience going forward lol

Turfster

Having issues with the new update?

Yep. Disabling the steam overlay got the game to actually load after the intro. Then I could play until I got to the next loading screen.... and now it keeps crashing there when I try to reload the save. Looking at the community forum, I'm not the only one.

Yep. Disabling the steam overlay got the game to actually load after the intro. Then I could play until I got to the next loading screen.... and now it keeps crashing there when I try to reload the save. Looking at the community forum, I'm not the only one.
Guess I'll have to wait a while to play it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Always good to get new games on the PC.

I've been doing a little research on Enslaved since we noticed the app in the registry. Its interesting because all of the previews they did with gaming journalists were done with a PC.
All of the preview shots were 1080p (or higher in some cases at 1440p), the IQ was incredibly clean, and none of the previews I read mentioned any performance issues.

So they have had a PC build running for years, but just decided to port it over recently to get a little residual income coming in.

Is there proof that they used PCs? Specific statements? Because Duncan Harris of Dead End Thrills actually took his screens with a 360 devkit which allowed for tiledshots IIRC. It's pretty likely they took press screens the same way.

Who knows though, maybe those 4k Killzone Shadowfall screens have always been a secret hint at a PC version.

JaseC

Yeah I know that it has to be manually deleted but Can I now play indefinitely it until I do?

I've never installed a Free Weekend game so I'm not entirely sure. Have you tested to see if the loophole still works after restarting the client?

JaseC

Yep, just restarted steam and the game still works. Very weird.

Haha, nice. In that case I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to work, though I assume the trick is something Valve could easily break by having Steam check whether or not the game is actually tied to your account.

Baha

Yep, just restarted steam and the game still works. Very weird.

The simplest way of seeing if the game is actually tied to your account is to visit the store page for the game and checking if you have the green bar with the play button there. Also try checking your account in case you actually did buy this game before or redeemed it from somewhere and forgot about it. It'll be listed somewhere under your purchases if that is the case.

JaseC

The simplest way of seeing if the game is actually tied to your account is to visit the store page for the game and checking if you have the green bar with the play button there. Also try checking your account in case you actually did buy this game before or redeemed it from somewhere and forgot about it. It'll be listed somewhere under your purchases if that is the case.

He mentioned in an earlier post that the library listing has a "Purchase" button rather than a "Play" button.

Hanzou

He mentioned in an earlier post that the library listing has a "Purchase" button rather than a "Play" button.

Yep, and I had also checked and it does not appear under my licenses and subscription either. Checked the store page and it still has the buy option, no play game option. Super weird! Like I said, I have had this happen multiple times with free weekends files sticking around but never tried playing the games.

Turfster

Yep, and I had also checked and it does not appear under my licenses and subscription either. Checked the store page and it still has the buy option, no play game option. Super weird! Like I said, I have had this happen multiple times with free weekends files sticking around but never tried playing the games.

I'd say the game doesn't actually use Steam DRM, but that would be silly.

Tellaerin

That sounds like one bad rat, bro.

Love the storytime, man. Keep the updates coming!

Roflobear

I bought Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition a while back and just started playing it recently. Has anyone else who owns this game had a problem with really slow motion gameplay? My PC is more than powerful enough to run this game yet the gameplay is so slow. I've been trying to look for solutions online but couldn't find any :(

Cheddahz

Banned
I bought Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition a while back and just started playing it recently. Has anyone else who owns this game had a problem with really slow motion gameplay? My PC is more than powerful enough to run this game yet the gameplay is so slow. I've been trying to look for solutions online but couldn't find any :(

Well, you are running two copies of the game at once, so that might be the problem

Cheddahz

Banned
Yea I figured it was a pretty subpar port. That link you posted just further indicates that. I'm a little disappointed because I really wanted to play this game. Maybe if I tough it out it might actually get a bit better as the game progresses.

It might. I heard it's actually a pretty fun game and what not

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Enemy Unknown is still amazing. I just wish I could use the "controller" grid-by-grid movement since I'm so used to that instead of the keyboard and mouse. D: It's hard to know my movement now and then given the mouse and the grid sometimes screwing up my views but I'm slowly adjusting. I don't like the mouse to skillbar though. That and the numbers on the keyboard. Having to press Escape to back out of a choice is kinda shitty as well.

But still: AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom