• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just kicked
the Joker's
arse in Arkham Asylum so can now get on with a different game. Thank God for that! I can't say I understand why it is such a well regarded game. The game has so many clear issues for me and I shall not remember it fondly. Still, at least it's not at Other M levels i.e. revulsion, so there is that I guess. It had a [very] few high points, lots of low points but mostly a huge load of meh. I don't know if it was but it struck me as a game that was focus tested to buggery and back and that led to a profoundly bland and, frankly, pretty boring game :/.

you don't actually say what you didn't like about the game though

It was the first kinda modern Batman game that didn't stink.
It had a nicely worked out base combat system, and included stealth elements.
It was full of nice nods and winks to the greater universe, which is always great for the fans.

Oh I understand that but after hearing such praise for it in podcasts and so many posts praising it on the internet, my experience of playing the game wasn't what I had come to expect. Which is annoying as I do like Metroidvania type games and the brawling was preferable to shooting everything for a change. Perhaps I'll enjoy City more [I've bought it so I might as well play it] given that I'll go in with far reduced expectations.

EDIT:

you don't actually say what you didn't like about the game though

No, I considered it but it would have turned into a rant, frankly, and I really don't feel like getting anymore worked up over it right now.

I'm off to put the kettle on to have a nice cup of tea and then I'm going to play something new. Toodle pip.

Whools

Wow crazy specs, that reminds me to finish the beta badge thing.
Also did anyone else get a foul play and volgarr the viking coupon? was in my inventory when i launched steam just there, and i haven't been on in a few days.
Edit: Saw the devolver digital tweet, but still perplexed as to why i got them, the only DD game I own that I know is from them is Hotline Miami.
Anyway if any one wants a 33% off Foul Play or 25% off Volgarr the Viking coupon, hit me up.

Grief.exe

Also did anyone else get a foul play and volgarr the viking coupon? was in my inventory when i launched steam just there, and i haven't been on in a few days.
Edit: Saw the devolver digital tweet, but still perplexed as to why i got them, the only DD game I own that I know is from them is Hotline Miami.
Anyway if any one wants a 33% off Foul Play or 25% off Volgarr the Viking coupon, hit me up.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/386115235456630784

valouris

Apparently it's for whoever owns Hotline Miami.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Some Ubisoft games are still missing the exfgls tag from the registry, excluding them from the family share service.

Someone should test Splinter Cell Blacklist and see if it will work, or if it is just an oversight.

One or two of the Assassin's Creed games showed up on my friend's shared list so I assume it's just a matter of me giving him my Uplay login info at that point. I wish they wouldn't block the games anyways because I already shared my Steam account, why would I care about sharing my Uplay info?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So those Steam Boxes sound a great deal more expensive than I originally anticipated. I think the streaming option using my existing desktop may end up being the best bet, pending latency and network coding.

As they note the beta machines are all high end gamer machines and they will be working with partners to build cheap, quiet, smaller machines.

fantomena

I don't know why, but I have lost interest in Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, BF4 (beta is enjoyable though) and a couple of other AAA games.

kennah

Yeah I had a nasty 'accident' about 7 years back where my PSU went POOF! Left a nasty brown/black mark on the wall behind that took about 8 coats of paint to cover up and took half my system with it.

So I'm an over cautious fellow these days. Saying that the likes of Antec and Corsair are usually quite modest with their ratings and will usually go higher than what they're rated at.

Power consumption has been going down not up. The companies have started to learn from the mistakes - like the event that happened to you. I have a 450W Gold rated SFX PSU running my OC 2600K and GTX670 with no issues what so ever. 450W is just fine.

Tenrius

No, I considered it but it would have turned into a rant, frankly, and I really don't feel like getting anymore worked up over it right now.

I'm off to put the kettle on to have a nice cup of tea and then I'm going to play something new. Toodle pip.

It would be interesting to read your impressions anyway, because your experience seems to be so much different from my own, but I understand if you're not up for it. Me, I had a really great experience with it: picked it up during Autumn 2011, played it in two sittings (2 and 6 hours, I think) and immediately pre-purchased Arkham City afterwards. Evidently, I thought it was a pretty good game. I'm not even a Batman fan, even my actual exposure to the universe was limited to the movies back then. So take it as you will (and I'm not trying to discredit your opinion or confront you here, just sharing my own experience).

An interesting thing to note, by the way, is that I wasn't expecting a Metroidvania game at all and I don't actually consider either Arkham game a Metroidvania. In fact, I went in completely blind, with almost zero expectations and without having seen more than a couple of screenshots from the game (not sure how I managed that).

rtcn63

Yeah I had a nasty 'accident' about 7 years back where my PSU went POOF! Left a nasty brown/black mark on the wall behind that took about 8 coats of paint to cover up and took half my system with it.

So I'm an over cautious fellow these days. Saying that the likes of Antec and Corsair are usually quite modest with their ratings and will usually go higher than what they're rated at.

You using a line conditioner or UPS? If not, might consider one. Had the motherboard of a new build fry after two weeks, purchased a UPS, no major power-related issues in five years. And I'm also powering an OC'd I5/OC'd GTX 670 with a Seasonic 430w.

Tenrius

I don't know why, but I have lost interest in Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, BF4 (beta is enjoyable though) and a couple of other AAA games.

It seems that you've become desensitized to AAA, welcome to this side of the matrix. Sill doesn't mean you can't enjoy AAA though or won't be able to in the future!

Cheddahz

Banned
I'll hold off on playing Enslaved then. I'll probably just replay Vanquish again or something this weekend...or finally play Rayman Legends

derExperte

That can happen with every cheap PSU no matter how much W it has. Modern good ones have protections against exploding and killing your PC.

wow SKYDRIFT is fucking awesome. i must have got this in some bundle or something idk cos i never touched it before, but it's one of the best racing games on steam.

still haven't tried the online yet, a little worried about that lol. seems like it could be fun online; there's online DLC tho and idk if that's essential or not. but regardless it's a fantastic game, i have no idea where i got it from but whatever bundle i got it in was certainly worth it

epaturun

wow SKYDRIFT is fucking awesome. i must have got this in some bundle or something idk cos i never touched it before, but it's one of the best racing games on steam.

still haven't tried the online yet, a little worried about that lol. seems like it could be fun online; there's online DLC tho and idk if that's essential or not. but regardless it's a fantastic game, i have no idea where i got it from but whatever bundle i got it in was certainly worth it

it was in the Kalypso Humble Bundle, I didn't like it on PS3 but on the PC it feels different and i think the res, texture and probably frame rate makes it better

it was in the Kalypso Humble Bundle, I didn't like it on PS3 but on the PC it feels different and i think the res, texture and probably frame rate makes it better

that must be where i got it. the graphics are really good for what it is. i certainly expected much less. it's kinda like the flying parts from sonic all stars except with better controls. i hated flying in all stars but it's great here, not too complicated but you still get plenty of control. i bet it won't last too long tho as there's only like 8 tracks which kinda sucks, but then again idk what the DLC is maybe that adds more

Lotto

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183195387

68z6ZQE.jpg

Ikaruga finally on Steam (well, Greenlight technically, but still)! Can't wait for this.

Grief.exe

Aw man, it figures as much. But haven't other games like Halo 3 been in the registry for just as long or even longer? Any actual indication of it's potential release on PC this late after the initial console debut? (aside from a name change)

Enslaved is getting significant updates.

EDIT: Twice today in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom