• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

wow SKYDRIFT is fucking awesome. i must have got this in some bundle or something idk cos i never touched it before, but it's one of the best racing games on steam.

still haven't tried the online yet, a little worried about that lol. seems like it could be fun online; there's online DLC tho and idk if that's essential or not. but regardless it's a fantastic game, i have no idea where i got it from but whatever bundle i got it in was certainly worth it

My main gripe with Skydrift is that I found out it doesn't have offline multi/splitscreen =/ I might still cave in and get it for PS3 @ $14.99 by the end of October though...

I just got an email from shovel knight and realized I really don't give a shit about it anymore since volgarr filled any wants I had for that kind of game.

My main gripe with Skydrift is that I found out it doesn't have offline multi/splitscreen =/ I might still cave in and get it for PS3 @ $14.99 by the end of October though...

yeah i do wish it had that! IMO why not get it for PC? you could probably find a humble key on sale for dirt cheap. and trust me, this is the kind of game that needs to run on pc. idk how it runs on ps3, but it's insanely smooth and crisp on PC, and you're going really fast with a lot of hectic things on screen; i really doubt it plays as well on ps3 with whatever framerate and such on there. i'm not always a stickler for that stuff but in a breakneck speed game like this, you really want it to run as smooth as possible IMO

i used to think that snoopy game on 360 was really fun but this...this game shits all over that, thanks to its sense of speed and graphics

Tizoc

Well for PS3 it's trophies, and sometimes we have relatives over and their kids spend the day playing on the PS3, and a flying racing game would keep them occupied for a few hours =P
Also trophies~
Might get the PC ver. once it's on sale again.

Unholy Heights looks bonkers and it's pretty cheap. I might bite.

Does Playism get to bypass Steam Greenlight now or was that greenlit?

I accidentally (purposefully?) grabbed two of these during the big dump.

This is a decent little NES homage, sort of like Contra with swords.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Desure key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Oniken (Desura) -- MB-82DCD6946C505491 - Taken by mannerbot. 4 entrants total.

t1380926800z1.png

Thanks for Oniken.

edit: actually, it's already registered to Gvaz, but thanks anyway.
Yikes, I'm sorry about that. I guess whoever sent it to ModBot the first time gave it away through another method since it wasn't taken (and then ModBot put it in the unclaimed pile).

I just kicked
the Joker's
arse in Arkham Asylum so can now get on with a different game. Thank God for that! I can't say I understand why it is such a well regarded game. The game has so many clear issues for me and I shall not remember it fondly. Still, at least it's not at Other M levels i.e. revulsion, so there is that I guess. It had a [very] few high points, lots of low points but mostly a huge load of meh. I don't know if it was but it struck me as a game that was focus tested to buggery and back and that led to a profoundly bland and, frankly, pretty boring game :/.

Arkham Asylum is well regarded because it's a pretty kick ass game and it's the first game to really deliver on the Batman power fantasy. It has a great combat system that's simple and easy to use that's really empowering. You are Batman, beating the snot out of swarms of thugs with ease. It's got great Batman-y platforming and stealth elements, all of the gadgets one would expect Batman to have, a story written by Paul Dini and pretty much all of the key voice actors from the Batman Animated series reprising their roles. You don't even have to be a giant fan of Batman to enjoy the game, it's a great game on its own merits. That said if you area fan of the comic or animated series, there's so many elements present in this game that elevate it even further.

You didn't actually list what you disliked, found mediocre or even what you did enjoy.

Kifimbo

Another update.

10/03/2013 - Deathtrap Dungeon - Action/Adventure - Square Enix/Asylum Entertainment - $6.99
10/04/2013 - Knock-knock - Adventure - Ice-pick Lodge/Ice-pick Lodge - $9.99
10/04/2013 - Enclave - RPG - Topware Interactive/Starbreeze Studios - $4.99
10/04/2013 - Jack Orlando: Director's Cut - Adventure - Topware Interactive/Toontraxx Studios - $4.99
10/10/2013 - Glare - Platformer - Phobic Studios/Phobic Studios - $X.XX
10/10/2013 - Iesabel - Action/RPG - Forever Entertainment/Forever Entertainment - $X.XX
10/22/2013 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut - FPS/Stealth - Square Enix/Eidos Montreal - $XX.XX
10/23/2013 - Path of Exile - Action/RPG - Grinding Gear Games/Grinding Gear Games - F2P
11/11/2013 - PixelJunk Shooter - Action - Double Eleven/Q-Games - $8.99
2013 - Talisman Digital Edition - Board game - Nomad Games/Nomad Games - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2014 - Supreme Ruler 1936 - Strategy - BattleGoat Studios/BattleGoat Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - Warlock 2: The Exiled - TBS - Paradox Interactive/Ino-Co Plus - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

Grief.exe

Why? Enslaved isn't that good, dude.

Always good to get new games on the PC.

I've been doing a little research on Enslaved since we noticed the app in the registry. Its interesting because all of the previews they did with gaming journalists were done with a PC.
All of the preview shots were 1080p (or higher in some cases at 1440p), the IQ was incredibly clean, and none of the previews I read mentioned any performance issues.

So they have had a PC build running for years, but just decided to port it over recently to get a little residual income coming in.

So do we still not know how exactly the Director's Cut of Deus Ex HR will work if you already own the original game on Steam? I did some searching and none of the gaming sites seem to know anything.

Would be nice for a Hard Reset style upgrade but who am I kidding.

edit: Oh damn, pixeljunk shooter is on the list. Nice

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Always good to get new games on the PC.

I guess. But it isn't super amazing. It's actually pretty mediocre, like all their other titles. The only benefit the PC version would have is the graphic bump, which is their one forte.

I guess. But it isn't super amazing. It's actually pretty mediocre, like all their other titles. The only benefit the PC version would have is the graphic bump, which is their one forte.

The 2008 prince of persia platforming definitely got old in Enslaved save for the opening set piece. Combat was alright but I did love those hoverboard sequences. It's certainly formulaic in it's design of platform, combat, turret section. With the hoverboard breaking things up every now and then.

Piggsy is still awesome. I would be curious to get it as I never played his dlc.

I don't think it is mediocre...what it is is short and sweet. You play it, you enjoy it and it is over before you really start to worry about the shortcomings.

It isn't anything earth-shattering, but it is one of those games I feel happy that I finished. Sometimes you really need a game like that, which is why I'd be excited to grab it again on steam.

How was the process in doing that compared to Origins?

I didn't get every Lum in Origins :(

But as far as I can tell, Legends is easier. It's not hard to get every Teensie in any level and getting over 600 Lums is easy as well.

Actually, I'm sure they changed some of the Origins levels in Legends to make them easier.

It took me about 30 hours to get every Teensie (but I should say I play the Daily Challenges every day and that took a good part of my time).

I didn't get every Lum in Origins :(

But as far as I can tell, Legends is easier. It's not hard to get every Teensie in any level and getting over 600 Lums is easy as well.

Actually, I'm sure they changed some of the Origins levels in Legends to make them easier.

It took me about 30 hours to get every Teensie (but I should say I play the Daily Challenges every day and that took a good part of my time).

Good to know I can't wait to play it. You should get em all in origins!! The final bonus world is amazing once you get enough lum's to unlock it. It's got a really fun, cool
extra final boss as well

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I noticed that some of the Bioshock 2 achievements are at 0.5% - are they working now? I expect that once they're working they'll probably stay at pretty low percentages, since most people played this game ages ago.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Cmon, it was a risky new IP. But the idea was pretty good. Also one of the coolest opening levels in a game IMO.

I loved the design and artwork that went into making that "ruined" New York. All those beautiful natural colours.

I don't remember the rest of the standard game. So that's saying something.

Good to know I can't wait to play it. You should get em all in origins!! The final bonus world is amazing once you get enough lum's to unlock it. It's got a really fun, cool
extra final boss as well

Well, I did beat every boss in the game ;)

But I agree, I should go back and get every Lum.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What I mean is, making good AAA games is hard. It requires a big team of talented people and a lot of money - it's not like people don't try. Are you suggesting that if a company isn't sure the game they're making will be better than something Valve released, they should just admit defeat and go out of business because it's "definitely not their thing"? That would leave us with... hey, just Valve! (Do you even realize how pedantic that sounds? I can do whatever job I want, thank you very much, and no I don't expect everything I work on to be as good as Half-Life... sorry if I'm not meeting your expectations!)
Yes, I am suggesting that. I don't care if I sound pedantic, it's not my job to make mediocre developers feel good about themselves and their crappy products.

Of course you can do whatever job you want, but then don't go complaining when customers choose Valve's output (aka the better games) than yours. Of course you can't always develop better stuff than them, but that's a fault of your team, not Valve's. Blaming them for not allowing other people to compete with worse products is ridiculous.

Paid $80 for AC3 Deluxe Edition back in the day and got burned, this was the worst AC in the saga.
I'm done with this franchise for good. I won't get fooled again.
Meet the new game. Same as the old game.

Copons

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - S01E05

Ok so there is this knight in the Darkroot Basin. I go full throttle and then full nope. I lure him upon a wide area but then I miss a step and fall off the ledge. He follows me, the dumb fuck. Hell yeah! Knight down, loot and souls dropped, ooooh yes.
Then I go back to retrieve all my stuff back, but I run too fast and fall off the ledge again. Lost something like 15K souls and 3 humanities. How I love this game FFS.

Then I decide to say screw the woods because I'm scared of them and go back finding my way to the Depths. Don't know why they call 'em Dephts, they're fucking sewers, just call 'em Sewers already.
There is this rat just outside the bonfire room, hidden in a box. He gets me every single fucking time I come out of the bonfire room. Fuck him. And my short term memory too.

So, yeah, I'm at this point where I can choose between two foggy doors. One is supposed to bring me against the huge rat, the other is deeper in the Depths, down a brick wall, probably opening to a huge area filled with toxic sludge or something.
I don't know where I'm going to be brutally killed next so I'm calling it a day.
Probably going against the rat first, tho, cause it feels somewhat more safer than running around in a 40 square km room with apparently nothing inside.

Luv you all, good night. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom