• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
3DS + PC will last me quite a ways into the next-generation.

I'm not even picking up a PS3 until Black Friday, I'm literally not jumping into the current-generation until after it is over.
3DS and PC are the very reason why I haven't bought a PS3 yet. With so many games owned on Steam, and so many more I wanna play on Ninty's portable, I can't justify spending a considerable amount of money (it's still very expensive here) on another console.

Plus I don't have an LCD TV in the living room, so I'd have to plug it on my parents', and there's no way I'm either buying one myself or plugging it on a CRT TV.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We should assume worst, that EA buys it and it never goes on sale after, no?

If EA happens to buy Amalur, then in all likelihood it'll be pulled from Steam... unless the copious EA deals over the past six months or so are because the company is testing the waters of returning to the service.

JaseC

damn... I might need to stick with PS3 version, not very excited by this, that's for sure.

Fortunately, I don't think Amalur is on EA's radar due to Reckoning bombing (the game sold a somewhat respectable 1.2m over three months, but it needed 3m to break even). Nordic or Deep Silver seem like the most probable homes.

Kifimbo

Games of the week. Expect a lot more last-minute releases. And good luck to chubigans with CSD !

10/08/2013 - Bionic Dues - Roguelike - Arcen Games/Arcen Games - $XX.XX
10/08/2013 - Cook, Serve, Delicious! - Simulation - Vertigo Gaming/Vertigo Gaming - $9.99
Em05pds.png

10/08/2013 - Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Racing - Iceberg Interactive/Gamepires - $XX.XX
10/08/2013 - Farming Simulator 2013: Official Expansion - Simulation - Focus Home/Giants Software - $14.99
10/10/2013 - Glare - Platformer - Phobic Studios/Phobic Studios - $X.XX
10/10/2013 - Iesabel - Action/RPG - Forever Entertainment/Forever Entertainment - $X.XX

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So jelly about Grief.exe's Journey tag! :D Steve Perry is one of the best singers to have ever graced us

3DS + PC will last me quite a ways into the next-generation.

I'm not even picking up a PS3 until Black Friday, I'm literally not jumping into the current-generation until after it is over.

bronerdfistbump

I had an XBox, PS2 and 'Cube in that gen and decided to not do that again in the next gen so went Wii only for the Nintendo games. I fully intended to pick up a PS3 and 360 at the end of the gen when they were being flogged off cheap to clear stock and cherry pick the best games. However, now that I have a gaming pc I have a pc games backlog and my Wii U and 3DS are gathering dust :/. I would like to not bother with the PS3 and 360 completely but there are a few exclusive games that I would be sad to miss out on, certainly on the PS3. Everything should be on Steam! *grumpy face*

The Halloween Sale should start during the last week of the month -- the 29th if it's to replace Midweek Madness as it did last year. Because it's themed, though, the sale is far smaller in scope compared to its seasonal siblings, so there's unlikely to be any Flash Sales or Community's Choice polls.

If it is the 29th it will be because Valve wants to celebrate my 48th birthday on that date and seeks to encourage lots of sympathy gifts from you lot.

Q.E.D.

So I picked up the Wind Waker Wii U bundle this weekend. Between the Wii U and Steam, I think I am going to cancel my PS4 preorder. I feel like (for me) those two give you so much gaming in different genres that a another console is pointless until there are must have games.

I did exactly that the other day. I had a Wii U at launch and upgraded my PC (aside from GPU) this summer. I used the money I put down on the PS4 and bought four Wii U games and preordered a few others. I realized the PS4 would be just too expensive for how little I'd be getting out of it initially. The hype got to me in July. Steam U
niverse
is the way to go next-gen. :)

fantomena

After 17.2 hours with Castlevania: LoS I finally got all achuevements except for one where I have to complete ever level 110%. So Im done.

Good game, but the cutscenes were crap at 1080p.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Injustice: Gods Among Us coming November 12.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360 and PC

Original Game Content and All Downloadable Content Included in One Package for Hours of Fun

BURBANK, Calif. – Oct. 7, 2013 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced the launch of Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition debuts in the Americas Nov. 12 and Europe and other global territories beginning Nov. 29, with the comprehensive version of the 2013 best-selling fighting game franchise. The game will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system and platforms, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft and for Windows PC.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition will include all original game content as well as all downloadable content (DLC). Valued at more than $120, the game will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99 for PS4™ system, PS3™ system and Xbox 360, $49.99 for Windows PC and $39.99 for PS®Vita.

The DLC included in Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, includes fan favorites Lobo, Batgirl, General Zod, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, as well as Scorpion, a character from the Mortal Kombat world, as reimagined by Jim Lee, Co-Publisher at DC Entertainment. In addition, more than 40 extra character skins and 60 S.T.A.R. Labs Missions, originally offered as DLC, are now available from the start of the game. Also packaged with the Americas version of the game will be its music soundtrack featuring an exclusive track from Jane’s Addiction titled “Another Soulmate” and 11 songs from popular artists ranging from Depeche Mode to AWOLNATION.

Remastered for next-gen technology by High Voltage, the PS4™ system version will feature Touchpad functionality, video sharing and streaming, and will link to players’ PlayStation® Network Feed page during match wrap-ups and pause menus. High Voltage is also bringing the PC version of the game to hungry fans.

The PS®Vita version, which is adapted for the handheld experience by Armature Studio, will feature touch controls for mini-games in the story mode and S.T.A.R. Labs Missions, Ad-hoc and Wi-Fi multiplayer, collectible hero cards, and all DLC released to date.

Debuting in April 2013, Injustice: Gods Among Us is a bold new fighting game franchise that introduces a deep, original story featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons such as Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many others. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.

For more information and the latest updates, visit www.injustice.com or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/injusticegame.

# # #

If EA happens to buy Amalur, then in all likelihood it'll be pulled from Steam... unless the copious EA deals over the past six months or so are because the company is testing the waters of returning to the service.
Amalur probably would stay in limbo forever.

Turfster

For anyone that missed out on the XCOM Enemy Unknown deal, gamersgate have it and the DLC for 75% off.
They're also running a 50% off Kalypso sale, but that's not as tempting (also, most of the Kalypso games don't have steam keys)

Grief.exe

Fortunately, I don't think Amalur is on EA's radar due to Reckoning bombing (the game sold a somewhat respectable 1.2m over three months, but it needed 3m to break even). Nordic or Deep Silver seem like the most probable homes.

Requiring 3 million for a new IP to just break even is insane. 1.2 million is actually very respectable.

They probably should have waited until after KOA had shipped before starting work on the mmo. I guarantee a large percentage of their costs were tied up in that development.
You can say hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think you need hindsight to see that as a mistake.

I would like to see Rhode Island put the game up on Steam once more before the IP is sold off. Would definitely pick it up for the right price.
I'm like Stump, I enjoy playing through flawed games. I can loom past their issues and still find them quite enjoyable.

Fighting game fans have been very happy lately. Good news.
So jelly about Grief.exe's Journey tag! :D Steve Perry is one of the best singers to have ever graced us

:)

Acccent

Ah! I did it again! I wanted to gift today's IndieGameStand deal, Rktcr, to someone here via ModBot, but I sent the gift to another adress of mine thinking it'd have a link like in the Steam emails, but I forgot that IGS automatically adds the game to some phantom account they automatically create for that address!

Anyone know how to get the gift back?

JaseC

Requiring 3 million for a new IP to just break even is insane. 1.2 million is actually very respectable.

The 90-day window is a little belying as retailers were already playing with $15+ discounts just weeks after release. IIRC, it did around 300k in the US in its first month (February 2012) according to NPD, which isn't bad for a new IP, but sales dropped like a rock after that.

Grief.exe

The 90-day window is a little belying as retailers were already playing with $15+ discounts just weeks after release. IIRC, it did around 300k in the US in its first month (February 2012) according to NPD, which isn't bad for a new IP, but sales dropped like a rock after that.

That's console sales in general. If you look at the NPD numbers, they really fall off a cliff at about 3 weeks.

Dec

They probably should have waited until after KOA had shipped before starting work on the mmo. I guarantee a large percentage of their costs were tied up in that development.
You can say hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think you need hindsight to see that as a mistake.

I would like to see Rhode Island put the game up on Steam once more before the IP is sold off. Would definitely pick it up for the right price.
I'm like Stump, I enjoy playing through flawed games. I can loom past their issues and still find them quite enjoyable.

Reckoning was actually a really great game. It's main issues are it's way too easy on the highest difficulty and there are far too many sidequests, and few of them are interesting.

Purposely handicapping yourself by not using your build up meter thing and buffing items can help with difficulty, and not doing all the side quests will make you more level appropriate. Obviously it's a bit weird you have to do this in order to not one shot everything 10 hours in but it makes the game more enjoyable I think.

JaseC

That's console sales in general. If you look at the NPD numbers, they really fall off a cliff at about 3 weeks.

What I'm getting at is that 1.2m at full price would've been great, but Amalur didn't enjoy such success.

Seanspeed

Banned
Man, the Witcher games really try their best to make you stop playing them within the first hour or two, don't they? I just started #2, and I'm just dying to get out of this linear beginning section that just doesn't seem to end. Its terrible. The first one had the same sort of thing, except not quite this bad. It feels like an extremely crappy action game at the moment.

Man, the Witcher games really try their best to make you stop playing them within the first hour or two, don't they? I just started #2, and I'm just dying to get out of this linear beginning section that just doesn't seem to end. Its terrible. The first one had the same sort of thing, except not quite this bad. It feels like an extremely crappy action game at the moment.

I've started Witcher2 three times because of this. The prologue is pretttty rough.

Grief.exe

I hope CD Projekt learns from the Witched 1/2. Both games don't get interesting until hours into the play through.

I'm glad I stuck it out for both titles, but I agree with you guys, they certainly made it difficult.

Derrick01

Banned

I remember when people were mass complaining about how hard that was back when it came out. Then they patched it and got rid of the difficulty :(. The rest of the game was already way too easy.

Kacho

Yeah, man. I tried to play the Witcher 2 again the other day and couldn't get past the first couple of hours. I was even skipping the majority of the cutscenes to speed things up and eventually said "fuck it" before moving on to other games.

I guess it doesn't help that I don't particularly care about the main character or the world he lives in. The combat and the weapons he uses don't really click with me either. So yeah...

I hope the Witcher 3 doesn't have the same problem.

JaseC

I remember when people were mass complaining about how hard that was back when it came out. Then they patched it and got rid of the difficulty :(. The rest of the game was already way too easy.

Most of what I can recall from my time with The Witcher 2 is me rolling everywhere since it was faster than Geralt's jog. :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Games of the week. Expect a lot more last-minute releases. And good luck to chubigans with CSD !

10/08/2013 - Bionic Dues - Roguelike - Arcen Games/Arcen Games - $XX.XX
10/08/2013 - Cook, Serve, Delicious! - Simulation - Vertigo Gaming/Vertigo Gaming - $9.99
Em05pds.png

10/08/2013 - Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Racing - Iceberg Interactive/Gamepires - $XX.XX
10/08/2013 - Farming Simulator 2013: Official Expansion - Simulation - Focus Home/Giants Software - $14.99
10/10/2013 - Glare - Platformer - Phobic Studios/Phobic Studios - $X.XX
10/10/2013 - Iesabel - Action/RPG - Forever Entertainment/Forever Entertainment - $X.XX

Thanks, I'm extremely excited and terrified at the same time! :D

I'll be sure to do some giveaways tomorrow.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

That was crazy because it wasn't hard to begin with.

Getting it either on PC or PS4. Don't know yet.

Apparently both versions are from High Voltage (who did the bad MK9 port) so you may want to wait for impressions. I'm getting PC, PS4 and Vita so hopefully there's a good port of the game among one of those I can recommend :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom