• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had these extra codes from my Amazon library unclaimed from some other 2K deal and figured now is a good time to give them out.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock 2 -- MB-B4174F904A6CEC41 - Taken by Zia
Bioshock 1 -- MB-9CB3EF9402E94A24 - Taken by Spawn

didamangi

are the flatout games anything like the old demolition racer games? demo: no exit for dreamcast was awesome.

what's the best flatout game in the series?

Flatout 2 or Flatout Ultimate Carnage (they're basically the same game since Flatout UC is an enhanced version of Flatout 2) is the best in the series, both titles are fun arcade demolition racer with wacky mini game mode.

But Flatout Ultimage Carnage is a GFWL title though, so keep that in mind if that's a big deal for you.

Holy moly flatout 3 only has a 23/100 metacritic? why is it so much worse than the others that are all in the 70s?

Different developer.

Flatout 2 or Flatout Ultimate Carnage (they're basically the same game since Flatout UC is an enhanced version of Flatout 2) is the best in the series, both titles are fun arcade demolition racer with wacky mini game mode.

But Flatout Ultimage Carnage is a GFWL title though, so keep that in mind if that's a big deal for you.

Different developer.

thank u. i guess i will probably get 2 since $2.50 is better than $5. how does GFWL work tho seeing as, isn't GFWL being disabled sometime this year? will the multiplayer for that just go away?

Thank you very much for BioShock 2. I've been a bit lurk-y lately so I'll pay it forward with some codes soon.

No problem. Not sure if this copy comes with Minerva's Den but you should definitely pick it up if it doesn't as it's one of the best dlc in recent memory.

Dec

Holy moly flatout 3 only has a 23/100 metacritic? why is it so much worse than the others that are all in the 70s?

Not from the same developer. Bugbear was releasing Ridge Racer Unbounded when some other company churned out that piece of garbage. Ultimate Carnage is a fantastic game, I did absolutely everything in that game and still wish there were more tracks.

Edit: That doesn't mean it's short, got 18 hours played.

thank u. i guess i will probably get 2 since $2.50 is better than $5. how does GFWL work tho seeing as, isn't GFWL being disabled sometime this year? will the multiplayer for that just go away?

Multiplayer is only useful for leaderboards I think. I never played it online at least. The extra 2.50 is worth it, the graphics are much improved and you can just use an offline profile for GFWL.

Grief.exe

Had these extra codes from my Amazon library unclaimed from some other 2K deal and figured now is a good time to give them out.

Its an excellent time to give them out! 2K knocked it out of the park with this one, my only legitimate complaint being the multiplayer is still essentially broken from a M/KB perspective.

Thank you very much for BioShock 2. I've been a bit lurk-y lately so I'll pay it forward with some codes soon.

Come join us in here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690065

Looking to discuss Bioshock 2 with more people. I'm just LTTP in that thread, posting screenshots, and discussing fixes.

didamangi

Yup, mp functionality will be gone most likely. But the sp portion of the game is worth $5 though.

how will flatout UC be affected when GFWL goes away? i do not have a GFWL game yet (not for a particular reason just haven't wanted any) so i'm in the dark on what the service is about. is it like origin where i just log into my xbl account?

edit: thanks dida and others for ur help

derExperte

How is MX vs. ATV Reflex?

It's been a while (was even cheaper sometime in 2011) and I can't remember the details but after liking it at first it got progressively worse. I think the AI was either much too easy in the ATV races and much too hard in the MX ones. The stadium events also ran too long and got boring while driving in the open levels was great. In the end Pure was much better but as there aren't many options these days...

Betrayer -33%. Mhhhh.

Chainsaw Warrior? Intriguing as well.

Tomodachi

Why am I feeling compelled to BUY a goddamn benchmark?

Pray tell (been playing FFXIV a little too much), what's the difference between Vantage, '11 and the more expensive one without a proper subtitle?

After finding out I can use my fucking DS3 on my PC (especially without the montionjoy bullshit) I decided to stay true to my word and check out Dark Souls

And my god I think i'm now hooked :O (I love Monster Hunter and this game gives a very similar vibe so I'm really digging it). Gonna continue playing when I get some more time to.

Anteater

And my god I think i'm now hooked :O (I love Monster Hunter and this game gives a very similar vibe so I'm really digging it). Gonna continue playing when I get some more time to.

Man I really want to play monster hunter, it sounds like the kind of game I would like, it's just never on a system both me and my friends own (and not localized I think?)

didamangi

Note that if you have serial key for 3DMark Vantage and 11 from maybe your graphics card bundle/magazines it should activate on steam.

Man I really want to play monster hunter, it sounds like the kind of game I would like, it's just never on a system both me and my friends own (and not localized I think?)

Monster Hunter Tri works and runs great on Dolphin :)

Grief.exe

After finding out I can use my fucking DS3 on my PC (especially without the montionjoy bullshit) I decided to stay true to my word and check out Dark Souls

Bringing more into the Souls series

ibtQ6ihSimbCK6.gif

Anteater

Note that if you have serial key for 3DMark Vantage and 11 from maybe your graphics card bundle/magazines it should activate on steam.

Monster Hunter Tri works and runs great on Dolphin :)

Can I play online though? I remember someone said they shut the servers down :<

I'll just continue waiting for a console version, might be too much hassles to get my friends to get their hands on the game and emulate it.

Grief.exe

Not that many people seem to know about the Bioshock 2 change, or they are choosing not to play the game.

All of these achievements can be earned in the first level I believe

b72Jv5l.png

Can I play online though? I remember someone said they shut the servers down :<

I'll just continue waiting for a console version, might be too much hassles to get my friends to get their hands on the game and emulate it.

3DS is about your only option right now. Monster Hunter 4 should come early next year with online play as well.

few weeks have passed, curious to know how Betrayer holds up.

They just issued a huge patch the other day with new weapons, enemies, and a new area.

Tizoc

Flatout 2 is the only one worth getting right? Sorry for asking but I can't find the post where I asked about the games in one of the Steam threads @_@

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not that many people seem to know about the Bioshock 2 change, or they are choosing not to play the game.

All of these achievements can be earned in the first level I believe

So the Steam achievements are working now?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how will flatout UC be affected when GFWL goes away? i do not have a GFWL game yet (not for a particular reason just haven't wanted any) so i'm in the dark on what the service is about. is it like origin where i just log into my xbl account?

edit: thanks dida and others for ur help

Assuming GFWL isn't patched out, the multiplayer portion will be useless and since it won't be possible to log into your online profile, you'd need to play the game using a local offline profile, which means that achievements and "other LIVE features" (such as the ability to purchase or even use DLC) will also be out of reach.

Freezard

The older 3DMarks are pointless since they're so outdated that the actual score decreases the more modern hardware you run it on. I've been benchmarking for about 10 years and the score on 01 with my old Radeon X1900 was higher than my recent GTX 280.

Are you using BetterDS3?

It's pretty good.

JaseC

gfwl was so awesome

On the bright side, the FAQ states that you can use an offline profile without ever needing to connect to Microsoft's servers, so SP GFWL games will still be somewhat functional after the shutdown even if you didn't get around to registering your key.

The older 3DMarks are pointless since they're so outdated that the actual score decreases the more modern hardware you run it on. I've been benchmarking for about 10 years and the score on 01 with my old Radeon X1900 was higher than my recent GTX 280.

They'd still serve a purpose: increasing one's game count. ;)

On the bright side, the FAQ states that you can use an offline profile without ever needing to connect to Microsoft's servers, so SP GFWL games will still be somewhat functional after the shutdown even if you didn't get around to registering your key.

I'm pretty sure gfwl never actually accepted my Blur key. I'm not really sure what to do about it at this point. I kind of want to play it at some point, but I'm not even sure who I would email about it.

jediyoshi

Assuming GFWL isn't patched out, the multiplayer portion will be useless and since it won't be possible to log into your online profile, you'd need to play the game using a local offline profile, which means that achievements and "other LIVE features" (such as the ability to purchase or even use DLC) will also be out of reach.

That is, if you purchase the game and want to activate it to your account after GFWL goes down. Otherwise your original profile and DLC will stay usable.

didamangi

Well hmmm. I'll need to return to it and figure out what the issue was then. I just remember not being able to play and the cd key steam gave me not letting me in.

I think they use their own server (activision's maybe?), online works fine the last time i've played it.

PCGW has an article about online problems though.

JaseC

That is, if you purchase the game and want to activate it to your account after GFWL goes down. Otherwise your original profile and DLC will stay usable.

Ah, so as long as the DLC has been downloaded locally, it'll work with offline profiles? The FAQ isn't clear on that so I just assumed you need to log into an online account to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom