• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_lemonade

Quick question. I noticed a lot of humble bundles lately are single keys. If I already own 1 or 2 games in the bundle and redeem the HB key, does it just disregard the games I already own?

Vecks

Quick question. I noticed a lot of humble bundles lately are single keys. If I already own 1 or 2 games in the bundle and redeem the HB key, does it just disregard the games I already own?

Yeah, you don't get another copy. You just get whatever you don't have.

shit yes

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/7/4813036/sleeping-dogs-triad-wars-united-front-games

United Front Games is working on a new game set in the Sleeping Dogs universe called Triad Wars, the studio announced today.

Publisher Square Enix filed a trademark for "Triad Wars" in the U.S. a week ago.

"We're super-excited that it's another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it's something we've wanted to do for ages and we're very happy to be working with Square Enix again," said a representative for the studio in a blog post on the company's official website.

United Front plans to reveal more about the game in 2014; it did not provide any platforms or release window. The studio co-developed Sleeping Dogs, an open-world crime game set in Hong Kong, with Square Enix London Studios; it was released last August on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Probably no Wei Shen as the main character then. Greats news though.

jediyoshi

Ah, so as long as the DLC has been downloaded locally, it'll work with offline profiles? The FAQ isn't clear on that so I just assumed you need to log into an online account to use it.

I'm not sure if DLC bought from one account can be used by an offline account (which is distinct from using a normal account while offline) on the same machine, but I'd assume so. Otherwise yeah, already purchased DLC will continue to be redownloadable and usable.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not sure if DLC bought from one account can be used by an offline account (which is distinct from using a normal account while offline) on the same machine, but I'd assume so. Otherwise yeah, already purchased DLC will continue to be redownloadable and usable.

Did I miss something back when Microsoft accidentally confirmed that GFWL will be put out to pasture next year?

Edit: I know it's currently possible to redownload purchased content despite the closure of the GFWL Marketplace, but I've not read anything that suggests this will still be the case once GFWL is dead.

New Enhanced Steam feature?

sbsoF1X.png

Anyone else getting random coupons in their inventory? Last few days I've gotten three. I'm hoping it's a booster pack of cards and then surprise! 33% off some game I've never heard of or care about.

MNC

Not that many people seem to know about the Bioshock 2 change, or they are choosing not to play the game.

All of these achievements can be earned in the first level I believe

b72Jv5l.png

3DS is about your only option right now. Monster Hunter 4 should come early next year with online play as well.

They just issued a huge patch the other day with new weapons, enemies, and a new area.

Having just finished Bioshock 2 almost half a year ago, it's still too fresh to start replaying it.

Grief.exe

Anyone else getting random coupons in their inventory? Last few days I've gotten three. I'm hoping it's a booster pack of cards and then surprise! 33% off some game I've never heard of or care about.

You should probably do some research into those games, they are each quite good in their own right. Comment makes you kind of come off as oblivious.

Here is why there are coupons, publisher promotion essentially

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/386115235456630784

Bringing more into the Souls series

ibtQ6ihSimbCK6.gif

Glad to be part of the gang :p

Are you using BetterDS3?

It's pretty good.

no just that Xinput wrapper, its been pretty great (I don't mind the controller being wired so). If there is one issue so far its having a PS3 near by since it will turn on once you disconnect the cable from it LOL (edit: Apparently there is a "cleaner" way to disconnect so I will have to try that out).

if BetterDS3 is better than that then i'm all ears as to why and possibly jump ship

Dr Dogg

I was going to make a joke about how Triad Wars will be Squeenix's answer to Mafia Wars, but then I realised that's actually a distinct possibility.

At first I was super excited then I got 2 horrible flashbacks from my childhood of the awful DOS drug dealler sim Dopewars and SNK's clunky Double Dragon knock off Gang Wars complete with unlicensed Jackie Chan-like cover art. Hmmmmmm.

Anywho having a clear out of some keys for the 2 people who don't own either of these yet.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Brutal Legend -- MB-56B0FEC681982473 - Taken by kulapik
FTL -- MB-0D014CCA85D616E7 - Taken by Spawn

I wanna thank whoever it was (nabs maybe?) that said Speedrunners was awesome. Yes, yes it was. Spent a good 3 hours last night busting a gut with some friends. Had a blast.

Any point buying to play by yourself?

I wouldn't say so. The bots are pretty good, but it's like mario kart where the fun is the yelling and the screaming from getting that one item that gets you from last place into first. There were some people that were online last night though, so the online doesn't seem completely dead. I saw some posts in the community hub that said otherwise though.

Also the game really is super beta. Tons of bugs. Still fun though.

Clawww

A well-done multiplayer criminal organization game could be sick. Smuggling drugs and weapons, gang wars, bribing cops, detective factions, etc.

IDK if it will be anything like that though

I wouldn't say so. The bots are pretty good, but it's like mario kart where the fun is the yelling and the screaming from getting that one item that gets you from last place into first. There were some people that were online last night though, so the online doesn't seem completely dead. I saw some posts in the community hub that said otherwise though.

Also the game really is super beta. Tons of bugs. Still fun though.

Thanks

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
A well-done multiplayer criminal organization game could be sick. Smuggling drugs and weapons, gang wars, bribing cops, detective factions, etc.

IDK if it will be anything like that though

APB tried something like that, it was terrible.

Copons

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons S01E07

My God. Who the fuck is the guy in the Undead Burg watchtower?
I believed he was a friendly gentleman with whom I could have a couple of beers, telling funny DS stories like that time I fell of the ledge running away from a knight.
Instead I got this stone-samurai-like with a totally nonsense weapon that looks like an oversized horn. I hit him: he lose 30 HP. He hits me: breaks my guard and instakill me.
The. Fuck.

I found him exploring a little bit, because I decided to back the fuck out of Blightwoodtown (don't know why, I keep calling it *wood instead of town. They should have totally called it *wood, it's much simpler) because I didn't have any anti-poison/anti-toxin item with me, and after I took care of a couple of big guys with big venomous weapons, as soon as the Blightthing title appeared, I was intoxicated and rapidly dying. I tried to run to the Depths bonfire, but I couldn't even reach it.
So hey, fuck Blightwhatever for now.

I went to Darkroot Garden to explore whatever I could without entering Basin or the door locked with some thingamabob. Killed the butterfly boss with close range combat alone because I didn't have a bow equipped and I was too lazy (frightened) to enter the menu to swap weapons (also: I still don't know if items menu pauses the game or not :D ). It was actually very easy. I may be overpowered for this part of Darkroot. Even the giant painintheass stone knight are kinda cool, and I'm able to kill them in a 4 hits combo before they're fully stand up.

Then I discovered the path to New Londo, down the Firelink bonfire, and I was a bit confused to where I should have gone next, because I'm an indecisive motherfucker. So I opened a random walkthrough (just its index!) to see what it suggested to go and I found out you could go back to the Asylum!
So I just entered the Asylum again and I'm done for tonight.
After 18 hours, I did a lot of stuff and still, looking at the walkthrough, I'm really far away from even half game!
I have to say, the more I play it, the more I'm amazed with DS. Even if you just exclude the sweet combats, it's unbelievable that this game is an open world game, with every location linked together, plenty of shortcuts and backtracking (for now, it's the good kind of backtracking, considering that while you backtrack you farm souls and experience as a player), and an obsessive care for details.
Slowly I'm understanding why for so many people, a game so peculiar and niche is their GOTG.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Those COD minimum specs are unbelievable. It's going to make Ubisoft's games look optimized by comparison.

Yeah, I don't think I'm buying any new PC titles besides Battlefield for a good 2-3 years at this point. Next-gen can wait. I've got my Sony portable (that's going more and more toward a paywall to where I barely play it) and past-gen stuff to play. I'm good.

Seinfieldthrowshandsupandgetsoutofchair.gif

FloatOn

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons S01E07

My God. Who the fuck is the guy in the Undead Burg watchtower?
After 18 hours, I did a lot of stuff and still, looking at the walkthrough, I'm really far away from even half game!
I have to say, the more I play it, the more I'm amazed with DS. Even if you just exclude the sweet combats, it's unbelievable that this game is an open world game, with every location linked together, plenty of shortcuts and backtracking (for now, it's the good kind of backtracking, considering that while you backtrack you farm souls and experience as a player), and an obsessive care for details.
Slowly I'm understanding why for so many people, a game so peculiar and niche is their GOTG.

You are talking about Havel the Rock. The thing with him is that he teaches you how to not ever get hit and to backstab all day long. These are important lessons with Dark Souls.

Press on friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom