• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons S01E07

I'm enjoying those adventures of yours! And if you could destroy the butterfly, you are probably able to head to any of the places you mentioned. FYI. There's no real order, whatever needs to be done later will be locked anyway!

(if you are looking for the "generally accepted order", it's
Depths -> Blighttown
iirc)

Copons

I'm enjoying those adventures of yours! And if you could destroy the butterfly, you are probably able to head to any of the places you mentioned. FYI. There's no real order, whatever needs to be done later will be locked anyway!

(if you are looking for the "generally accepted order", it's
Depths -> Blighttown
iirc)

I know I know, but I'm truly too indecisive and sometimes, when I have too many choices I black out, start spending time running around for a while and then put away the game to try some stuff in backlog, and who knows what could happen then :D.
But, since I'm really enjoying DS - and don't care to get location spoilers (also, I'm not sure if there even is a spoilable plot in DS :D ) - I preferred to get a suggestion for something outside Blighttown in order to see new stuff and level up. Also, Darkroot trees drop anti-poison/toxin stuff, so it was an almost compulsory farming before Blighttown.

You are talking about Havel the Rock. The thing with him is that he teaches you how to not ever get hit and to backstab all day long. These are important lessons with Dark Souls.

Press on friend.

Yeah, but his lessons are very very hard to learn.
Also, I think I'm doing too low damage to him (like, almost no noticeable health bar drop), so I put him on hold for now, but for sure I'm going to come back for him, as I did with a couple of knights here and there.

Dec

Oh god don't remind me.
APB sounded like a dream come true, but the laggy network code, the horrible engine and the bizarre design decisions made it Not Very Fun At All...

The proximity voice chat was pretty hilarious. It was on by default and I don't think a lot of people realized. I remember speeding through an intersection and hitting someone with such force that his car flew like 20 feet in the air. Heard "HOLY FUCK!" as it happened.

Turfster

The proximity voice chat was pretty hilarious. It was on by default and I don't think a lot of people realized. I remember speeding through an intersection and hitting someone with such force that his car flew like 20 feet in the air. Heard "HOLY FUCK!" as it happened.

Hah. I mainly heard random eastern european dudes... and I hit everything in the road because by the time I got feedback from my button presses, I was like, 100 meters further down the road thanks to the lag...

Acccent

But, since I'm really enjoying DS - and don't care to get location spoilers (also, I'm not sure if there even is a spoilable plot in DS :D ) - I preferred to get a suggestion for something outside Blighttown in order to see new stuff and level up. Also, Darkroot trees drop anti-poison/toxin stuff, so it was an almost compulsory farming before Blighttown.

Ah, that makes sense. There is a plot though! it's just hidden deep within the game, as obscure as everything else (you weren't thinking something would be easy in this game, were you)

Also, re. indecisiveness: don't ever play Fez or you'll go mad

Dec

Hah. I mainly heard random eastern european dudes... and I hit everything in the road because by the time I got feedback from my button presses, I was like, 100 meters further down the road thanks to the lag...

Didn't have servers in your area? I remember it actually working fine for me, but the driving was still shit. Really floaty and bad feeling. Lag probably had something to do with that, but I remember it at least being playable.

FloatOn

Yeah, but his lessons are very very hard to learn.
Also, I think I'm doing too low damage to him (like, almost no noticeable health bar drop), so I put him on hold for now, but for sure I'm going to come back for him, as I did with a couple of knights here and there.

let this blow your mind: people have beat the game as soul level 1 with the starter weapons.

Havel does have a ton of health though, which is why I suggested backstabbing. He rewards you in an awesome way once you do manage to kill him. So get on it asap.

By this point though you should have at least a +5 weapon and somewhat of an understanding on how you are going to spec your character. The quicker you understand weapon scaling the better off you will be.

I always suggest the claymore to new players because it has a low stat requirement, awesome moveset and it's damage scales off of dexterity and strength. You can find it at the end of the bridge with the fire breathing dragon if you are brave enough.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Note that if you have serial key for 3DMark Vantage and 11 from maybe your graphics card bundle/magazines it should activate on steam.
Oh man, this worked! I can't believe it did (the key was long as shit), but the copy of 3DMark Vantage that came with my old GeForce 9800 GTX+ is now part of my Steam library. Thanks a lot!

How to beat Havel the Rock:

1. Get naked.

2. Equip the strongest weapon you can.

3. Roll right after he does that enormous wind-up. He'll kill you in one or two hits anyway, so the extra length from dat nude roll will give you a lot to work with.

4. Backstab.

5. Repeat.

are you trolling? Isnt it "roll left" in PVE and "roll right" in PVP?

M09482

Neo Member
First of all, just wanted to say Hi SteamGAF. Long time reader who finally got access. I have been following this thread since the Steam Summer Sale. Between this thread and the bundle sites, I keep buying games that I have no time to play!

One quick question, does anyone know what is happening with Arkham City and Dark Souls with regards to GFWL? I really want them but refuse to deal with GFWL.

Thanks,
M

Baha

Saw this update pop up on my activity feed for The Cat Lady which has been greenlit on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/114327732/1381179747

A very small update
Sorry for the delay. Why is this the case?

We still need to obtain an EIN (tax related thing) from the IRS in America before we can continue. With the US Gov Shutdown, this is impossible, so we can't continue until the US Gov & IRS comes back online. And even then, for us foreigners, obtaining an EIN is no easy feat. Unfortunately this is a totally necessary step for us to get a fair deal on Steam selling our game, one that we refuse to skip just to get it out early. So again we apologise for the delay but at this very moment, it's completely out of our control.

As soon as things progress in a positive manner, we will of course update you here. For now, it's a frustrating situation made worse by the fact there's a shutdown on IRS communications and that we're not American citizens.

Thanks for keeping an interest, we of course, want it to happen as soon as possible too :) We have no idea when that will be though.

Grief.exe

The patches for both Arkham Games are currently in a holding pattern, as far as I can tell they are completed. I am assuming that they will release them in conjunction with an Arkham Origins promotion.

Nothing official on Dark Souls as of yet. There has been movement on the registry and an actual patch, but nothing to do with GFWL.

Subscribe to this thread for updates http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=619976

The_Monk

First of all, just wanted to say Hi SteamGAF. Long time reader who finally got access. I have been following this thread since the Steam Summer Sale. Between this thread and the bundle sites, I keep buying games that I have no time to play!

Hello fellow GAFfer and welcome to Steam-GAF, please enjoy your stay and have fun!

naib

Can't wait for Cook, Serve, Delicious to go live. Just activated my bundle key.

Damn, I wish it had leaderboards.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Can't wait for Cook, Serve, Delicious to go live. Just activated my bundle key.

Damn, I wish it had leaderboards.

Bundle Key? Which Bundle key?

Edit: You mean the key you got when you bought the game in the Humble Bundle Store? If that's the case, calling that "the bundle key" is misleading... :D

M09482

Neo Member
Hello fellow GAFfer and welcome to Steam-GAF, please enjoy your stay and have fun!

Thanks for the warm welcome Monk. Thanks for the update Grief. I would have bought both Batman game during the summer sale in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the DRM. I just wish game developers/publishers would realise that excessive DRM only punishes legitimate customers and results in lost sales.

Storm360

The patches for both Arkham Games are currently in a holding pattern, as far as I can tell they are completed. I am assuming that they will release them in conjunction with an Arkham Origins promotion.

Nothing official on Dark Souls as of yet. There has been movement on the registry and an actual patch, but nothing to do with GFWL.

Subscribe to this thread for updates http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=619976

I'm gonna guess that Batman AA or AC will be patched with a sale around a week before Origins or so

@M09482

I'm in a similar boat, I completed Batman AC on Windows 8, but because of driver issues I had I had to rollback my OS to Windows 7, since then, Batman AC/GFWL has never seen my save file, I still have the save, hoping the Steam version will revive it

inm8num2

Dishonored interests me, I love stealth games, but nothing makes me want to play it, maybe because its a first person game

I don't mind the first person. I'm totally interested but have just been waiting for a complete edition that will hopefully be discounted heavily, perhaps moreso through a place like GMG or Amazon.

Storm360

I don't mind the first person. I'm totally interested but have just been waiting for a complete edition that will hopefully be discounted heavily, perhaps moreso through a place like GMG or Amazon.

This is also a (although small) factor for me, I bought Skyrim (and still haven't played it) without the DLC, and I'm at a point where I don't want to play it because of not having the DLC, but don't want to buy the DLC until its cheaper, it's one of the main reasons why I rarely buy Bethesda games until years later

Nabs

It better not be some bizzaro separate entry from the normal game like Skyrim.

Sorry

header_ratio.jpg

How to beat Havel the Rock:

1. Get naked.

2. Equip the strongest weapon you can.

3. Roll right after he does that enormous wind-up. He'll kill you in one or two hits anyway, so the extra length from dat nude roll will give you a lot to work with.

4. Backstab.

5. Repeat.

The cheesy way:
You can also climb the stairs, have Havel follow you, then drop down at the top of the stairs. Havel will take fall damage when he drops down to follow you, as will you. Best to have flasks handy. Throw some firebombs to speed up the process.

naib

Bundle Key? Which Bundle key?

Edit: You mean the key you got when you bought the game in the Humble Bundle Store? If that's the case, calling that "the bundle key" is misleading... :D
Yeah, sorry. I should've added/replaced w/ humble.

You can pick up the game through Humble Store.
Yep, my bad.

I just redownloaded it from the humble store and it looks like it's updated? Or was it already "extra crispy"?
Still fun as hell.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The only thing I'm annoyed about are the recommended specs for CoD. Game is not a looker.
I saw no issues. I want 50 gb of glorious shootbang. People need to man the fuck up or pick a different platform.

And also stop pretending they were gonna be COD on PC in the first place.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, sorry. I should've added/replaced w/ humble.

Yep, my bad.

I just redownloaded it from the humble store and it looks like it's updated? Or was it already "extra crispy"?
Still fun as hell.
The Steam version has even more updates than the Humble version, including key binding support. :D

As for leaderboards, I have some ideas, really want to see how it does first as I also have another game I'm working on. :) Glad you're enjoying it!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Puzzle Bots. It took me around 3.5 hours, and I enjoyed the whole ride. Perfect length in my opinion: a bit shorter and I would have felt it lacked some substance; a bit longer and it may have overstayed its welcome. The robots are very cute, and in a weird way remind me of the characters from Thomas Was Alone: each one has their own personality, but pretty much all of them are likeable in their own way.

Altazor

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons S01E07

My God. Who the fuck is the guy in the Undead Burg watchtower?

heh, I was a cheap-ass mofo with Havel.

entering from darkroot basin, climbed up the tower at top speed and took care of the undead there while I was waiting for Havel to appear. When he did, I just waited outside the tower, beyond the door - he can't go out. So I just spammed him with my trusty halberd (and doged whenever necessary) and he was toast in a couple of minutes. His Ring is wonderful.

Also, I just beat
Ornstein and Smough
, yay! Took me a couple of tries. Really fun fight.

The cheesy way:
You can also climb the stairs, have Havel follow you, then drop down at the top of the stairs. Havel will take fall damage when he drops down to follow you, as will you. Best to have flasks handy. Throw some firebombs to speed up the process.
Somewhat less cheesy way: Equip a halberd or a similar high range weapon. Try to sneak in one hit at a time from outside the tower. The trick is to lure Havel to the entrance and make him swing. He'll never go outside so you can be safe at the stairs outside the tower, provided you don't get too close.

Edit: Altazor knows what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom