• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's still 50GB you have to download. Imagine If you had to do it for every game :/

Yeah, that's my biggest issue with this coming gen: The increase in size of games due to the blu-ray standard on consoles. It's going to be absolutely insane for digital-only buyers, no matter the platform with the current ISP bullshit.

Grief.exe

I'm gonna guess that Batman AA or AC will be patched with a sale around a week before Origins or so

@M09482

I'm in a similar boat, I completed Batman AC on Windows 8, but because of driver issues I had I had to rollback my OS to Windows 7, since then, Batman AC/GFWL has never seen my save file, I still have the save, hoping the Steam version will revive it

Bioshock 2 accepts old GFWL files after the patch, so hopefully you are in luck.

I saved my Dark Souls save file, so I can always bring that over as well.

Salsa

so im gonna play a videogame

probably suffer through the first few hours of Castlevania hoping everyone's right about the late-game

Parsnip

Man, super londo bros are kicking my ass this time. I'm not specced out like a tank but I keep falling back to old habits and playing like one.

Ionic

It's still 50GB you have to download. Imagine If you had to do it for every game :/

I wouldn't mind paying 5 to 10 dollars a year for Steam to start a service that mails install disks in little paper slips to me for especially large games that I don't want to have to download.

KarmaCow

Man, super londo bros are kicking my ass this time. I'm not specced out like a tank but I keep falling back to old habits and playing like one.

When I first go to the fight I thought it was an odd difficulty spike but then I realised I was just playing the game "wrong" and managed to cheese my way through most of the game.

def sim

I've exceeded my bandwidth for that .gif, luckily EatChildren's got my back:

i8vrhWqja1vjK.gif

I can't stop looking.

def sim

Sleeping Dogs? I want to play that game, but I'd rather wait until I have a new PC so I can max it out.

It doesn't take much; maybe you can already. I tend to assume we all have pretty alright builds except for Sajjaja, though.

Anyway, I like the gif because of the compact road, sense of speed, and neon signs.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wouldn't mind paying 5 to 10 dollars a year for Steam to start a service that mails install disks in little paper slips to me for especially large games that I don't want to have to download.

When Canadian telecom regulators were considering a policy change that would have essentially allowed major ISPs to pass along some pretty major costs to minor ISPs (the reasoning behind this relates to infrastructure ownership and is not important for this conversation), one smaller ISP pointed out that it would be cheaper to buy a hard drive, mail a hard drive to your ISP, have them fill it up for you, and then have them mail it back than it would to download the comparable amount of data. Just embarrassing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't take much; maybe you can already. I tend to assume we all have pretty alright builds except for Sajjaja, though.

Anyway, I like the gif because of the compact road, sense of speed, and neon signs.
No, I can't. I had to run the demo on min-med, and it wasn't very smooth. Don't know if the full game will run better, but I doubt it.

Dec

When Canadian telecom regulators were considering a policy change that would have essentially allowed major ISPs to pass along some pretty major costs to minor ISPs (the reasoning behind this relates to infrastructure ownership and is not important for this conversation), one smaller ISP pointed out that it would be cheaper to buy a hard drive, mail a hard drive to your ISP, have them fill it up for you, and then have them mail it back than it would to download the comparable amount of data. Just embarrassing.

I remember that shit show. I want to say the small ISP was TekSavvy. I'm just barely out of their service area and it's super sad. Not a single ISP near me without caps.

def sim

No, I can't. I had to run the demo on min-med, and it wasn't very smooth. Don't know if the full game will run better, but I doubt it.

Ah nuts

Well, it'll be a great game to try your new build on. It was the first game I tried on mine last year.

Nabs

I feel like Salsa would really like Volgar.

Anyone who enjoys great level design and tight controls will enjoy Volgarr. Some gaf reviews from the last weekend:

I fired this bad boy up yesterday evening and had a great time. This is without a doubt one of the most quality and well designed indie games I have ever played. I often feel like indie platformers don't get the level design quite right. Like it's missing a certain something. The level design in Volgaar, however, is so finely crafted. You can tell a lot of thought and care went in to the creation of the levels.

I'm also a big fan of the brutal difficulty. It's tough but fair. When you die, you know exactly why and 9 times out of 10 its simply user error. I never feel frustrated because I got cheated. You definitely need to keep your wits about you, though. :)

My hats off to the developers. I look forward to whatever else they cook up.

I got it and said I will just beat world 1. 6 hours later I beat the whole game. Yeah I suck so I died a lot, but I literally couldn't stop playing. So addicting.

I've never played Rastan but this to me is a hybrid between (classic) Castlevania and Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Holy carp, is this one fishing awesome game!

Just picked this up a couple days ago with a Steam coupon. I had seen videos, but those videos really don't sell how great this game actually is. Incredibly tight, thoughtful design. It reminds me why procedurally generated levels will never scratch the same itch.

I've made it to the second boss. And I just saw above in this thread how to "warp," but I've gotten good and fast at the first level now, so I don't see the need. This game reminds me what it means to "learn" a game. It's the sort of game that I'll play in five years and my hands will remember what my brain doesn't.

Highly recommended.

It's all about the ducking attack. ;)

You should probably do some research into those games, they are each quite good in their own right. Comment makes you kind of come off as oblivious.

Here is why there are coupons, publisher promotion essentially

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/386115235456630784

Well I looked into them once I originally saw the coupons. I enjoy a nice indie title as much as the next guy but they both looked awful to me. I like DD and loved Hotline Miami but those two just seemed boring as hell. Plus their respective Steam pages don't make any reference to the coupons. I was wondering if it might have been something related to your Steam level. And also let's call a spade a spade, most Steam coupons are shit. Every time I've gotten one it's either "oooh 25% off Serious Sam" or "hey 15% off Sanctum 2".

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
well I did love Rastan and all that as a kid

I wss a sega kid like all the cool ones on the block

Good man.

Volgarr the Viking is a game you can imagine would have been on the Mega Drive if nostalgia blinded you to all the technical limitations and quality of game techniques.

As luck would have it, I just "finished" Volgarr about 30 seconds ago.

It isn't perfect. The controls need to be remapped from the defaults and even then they are a bit fiddly. The jump arc never feels completely right and quirks like rolling making you face the other direction seem like odd choices (as if they did it just for one boss).
I'll also say the challenge is a little uneven. The first world is a learning curve and the second world is extremely tough. But after that it is pretty clear sailing till the end and you don't really hit anything new or taxing.

However those negatives really don't tarnish the experience. Basically it is still a complete joy to play from start to finish. The graphics, the music, the diversity of challenge...everything is designed in the right way and there was a lot of skill that went into the overall production.

I recommend it highly.

I've been playing Unholy Heights

capsule_467x181.jpg

The game is a mix between apartment management and tower defense. You play as the devil who owns a tenement building that he rents exclusively for monsters, you need to keep they happy buying stuff for their apartments and in exchange they fight for you and pay the rent even though some of the monsters may be later with the rent.

Each kind of monster has different attacks, some are melee, some ranged and others use magic so it's important to know how monster you "call" first to defend the build, the monsters status are affected by weather, their currently humor or if they have a lover. Other interesting thing is each monster has a job and are out of the building in different times.

The art is cute and the music is very catchy, the game cost $3.99 and has steam trading cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom