• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Canadian telecom regulators were considering a policy change that would have essentially allowed major ISPs to pass along some pretty major costs to minor ISPs (the reasoning behind this relates to infrastructure ownership and is not important for this conversation), one smaller ISP pointed out that it would be cheaper to buy a hard drive, mail a hard drive to your ISP, have them fill it up for you, and then have them mail it back than it would to download the comparable amount of data. Just embarrassing.

Don't remind me of those dark, dark days.

I downloaded 1.3 TB in one month in preparation for the internet apocalypse.

naib

The Steam version has even more updates than the Humble version, including key binding support. :D

As for leaderboards, I have some ideas, really want to see how it does first as I also have another game I'm working on. :) Glad you're enjoying it!
Suh-weet!

Already bought this game twice for myself and fiance. Lookong forward to reppin' it on steam without the (NS) tag. :)

Good shit chubigans. Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve.

Anustart

minimum specs

oh my god this is so unoptimized i hafta buy a new harddrive that will cost like 3000 dollars

Let's cut the hyperbole here man. It wouldn't be bad but it's saying 50 GIGS!! Might not seem like much to you oh pc overlord, but some of us run our pc's off 4gb sd cards!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Let's cut the hyperbole here man. It wouldn't be bad but it's saying 50 GIGS!! Might not seem like much to you oh pc overlord, but some of us run our pc's off 4gb sd cards!

Then get used to not playing some games. It's like expecting a PS3 to play PS4 games.

Grief.exe

Its mostly the recommend 780 that is causing issues.

Increasing the RAM for x64 requirements is a great change, and most rigs at this point would be in that range.
50GB of space seems like another welcome change, I am assuming they are piping in large textures. I hope they have the foresight to separate the large texture downloads from the main game, for those that are suffering behind a cap.
The CPU requirements, especially for Watch Dogs, were causing tears, but most people don't understand what they have. People were literally asking if an OC'd 4770k would be enough to run Watch Dogs due to miss-communication and ignorance.

Requiring a 780 is just ridiculous, that card is an order of magnitude above the next-generation consoles. I'm guessing you will need a 780 to max these games at 1080p/60 fps.

Anustart

Its mostly the recommend 780 that is causing issues.

Increasing the RAM for x64 requirements is a great change, and most rigs at this point would be in that range.
50GB of space seems like another welcome change, I am assuming they are piping in large textures. I hope they have the foresight to separate the large texture downloads from the main game, for those that are suffering behind a cap.
The CPU requirements, especially for Watch Dogs, were causing tears, but most people don't understand what they have. People were literally asking if an OC'd 4770k would be enough to run Watch Dogs due to miss-communication and ignorance.

Requiring a 780 is just ridiculous, that card is an order of magnitude above the next-generation consoles. I'm guessing you will need a 780 to max these games at 1080p/60 fps.

I'll max them on my 760 and play with 10fps if that's what I must endure!
I don't actually play CoD and probably won't get watch dogs

Salsa

il live either way, but I doubt even that. 780 seems overkill for 1080p in something like COD based on what weve seen. Or any next gen game for that matter

Grief.exe

I'll max them on my 760 and play with 10fps if that's what I must endure!
I don't actually play CoD and probably won't get watch dogs

il live either way, but I doubt even that. 780 seems overkill for 1080p in something like COD based on what weve seen. Or any next gen game for that matter

I very highly doubt any next-gen game will be unplayable at high settings and 1080p on a 760/780 set-up.

yoshizzle

Retail key that I got awhile back. Hope it works -- no guarantees!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

BioShock 2 -- MB-0A905623D8581703 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.

t1381189046z1.png

kennah

780 is such a great card, wish I could afford the $650 for one.

The thing that bugs me about these recommendation freak outs is that none of the spec sheets take into account overclocked processors.

Not that they should, because even though it is so easy, OCing is still kinda niche. But an overclocked i5 will beat out a stock i7 most of the time. Threads or no threads. Also people are misinterpreting the '8core' requirement. Going to be interesting to see what the results are, but I would be personally surprised if an i7 really makes that much of a difference over an i5 - clock for clock.

Salsa

yeah idk man, I feel p.good with my 680 and i5 at 4.5ghzfor 1080p. Would be a pleasant surprise to see its not enough as long as its justified. We'll see

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I feel good with my GTX 470 and my i5 760 and my 4 gigs of ram.

I'm sure I'll be fine. Just fine. Mmmhmm.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
10 TB here. Get on my level scrub.

15TB and I'm starting to run out of space. Who knew unmetered internet would be so indirectly expensive!

Edit: I really need to replace my 2TB Steam drive with a 3TB or, preferably, a 4TB. Since I don't have any more room left in my Eleven Hundred, the 2TB drive won't have a home, though my brother left his old PC here so if it still works, maybe I'll turn it into a NAS machine.

Milamber

Nevermind, roomie walked in on me wondering why I had my face so close to a "sausage". Told him I was lasso-ing and he may have misunderstood me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom