• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

You guys

I am pretty darn close to actually finishing a game again. Backlog is a word formed by lucifer!

High fives

I can tell you this though, i probably wouldnt have done it if I didnt have the lockboxes on my map

Copons

Just to recap for future reference.

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - Havel the Rock Strategy Minisode

Kick the dragon on the bridge ass and get the claymore. If you're brave enough.

I'm not. :(

are you trolling? Isnt it "roll left" in PVE and "roll right" in PVP?

This totally makes sense and it blew my mind.

Have him follow you while you jump off all over every ledge you can find around.

Too cheesy even for a cheapass like me.

Kick his ass from just outside the tower door because he's afraid of the light or something.

Worth trying.

Equip a halberd and kick his ass from outside the tower door.

Totally worth trying, considering my weapon of choice is a +6 Halberd (when I'm not fooling around throwing 2h Drake Sword's earthquake action or swinging that beautifully slow knight sword with 220 damage I used to kill the Gaping Dragon).

Get naked.

Rule 34 uber alles, always. But I kinda don't dig the skinny mantis-like legs of my hollow guy there.
I'll try to get naked irl, btw, just to show appreciation for your advices!

MNC

Get naked is seriously a viable piece of advice in this situation though, despite you not liking the skinny legs.

Copons

I was kidding btw!

Now I'm off to work, but when I come back tonight, after I clean up the Asylum, I'll be completely free to try whatever strategy you all suggested against him!
For at least a couple of times I'm gonna try the naked/roll-left one, because I presume sooner or later I must learn how to do this shit. Maybe I'll mix up with a couple of parry and riposte, just to die more times than needed. :D
And, as soon as I get frustrated, I'm gonna switch to the outside-the-door one.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Its mostly the recommend 780 that is causing issues.

Increasing the RAM for x64 requirements is a great change, and most rigs at this point would be in that range.
50GB of space seems like another welcome change, I am assuming they are piping in large textures. I hope they have the foresight to separate the large texture downloads from the main game, for those that are suffering behind a cap.
The CPU requirements, especially for Watch Dogs, were causing tears, but most people don't understand what they have. People were literally asking if an OC'd 4770k would be enough to run Watch Dogs due to miss-communication and ignorance.

Requiring a 780 is just ridiculous, that card is an order of magnitude above the next-generation consoles. I'm guessing you will need a 780 to max these games at 1080p/60 fps.
To put things in perspective, I saw the Unreal Engine 4 Infiltrator demo running in real time on a 780, getting up to 60fps at some spots.

Arthea

Discount was just too much, so I bought 4 elements, so much for resolve not to buy anything till Xmas sales. *sighs*
Also Fortix on impossible difficulty is mildly frustrating, I must say.

edited: 15 TB?! *faints*

Addnan

Starting from the Valve announcements to these specs, it hasn't been a good time for PC-GAF.

It's a great time for PC. It's good that specs are going up, it hasn't changed in many years. Yeah people who would exceed the recommended are now getting around recommended or just below it. Things move on, it's a good thing. Although I don't think COD and WD is the game to do that though lol. Isn't this what we wanted from next gen, out ports to be pushed further.

Tak3n

Banned
I tell you what I am going to buy Gas Guzzlers I reckon for more out of support for what seems like Devs who are just plain old good guys...

Here we have a game that looks good, will cost $20 and has Dedicated Servers for MP!!!

not only that, I love their response to one poster moaning about pre order bonuses...

No pre-order, no bonus stuff thing, everything is already in the game and available to everyone

How fucking refreshing, we need more Devs like this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800

ArjanN

As luck would have it, I just "finished" Volgarr about 30 seconds ago.

It isn't perfect. The controls need to be remapped from the defaults and even then they are a bit fiddly. The jump arc never feels completely right and quirks like rolling making you face the other direction seem like odd choices (as if they did it just for one boss).
I'll also say the challenge is a little uneven. The first world is a learning curve and the second world is extremely tough. But after that it is pretty clear sailing till the end and you don't really hit anything new or taxing.

However those negatives really don't tarnish the experience. Basically it is still a complete joy to play from start to finish. The graphics, the music, the diversity of challenge...everything is designed in the right way and there was a lot of skill that went into the overall production.

I recommend it highly.

Now go and beat the real final level/boss. :p

It's a great time for PC. It's good that specs are going up, it hasn't changed in many years. Yeah people who would exceed the recommended are now getting around recommended or just below it. Things move on, it's a good thing. Although I don't think COD and WD is the game to do that though lol. Isn't this what we wanted from next gen, out ports to be pushed further.

I mean it wasn't a good time reactions wise. All the topics have been shat up.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Even though I already have it, I hope Shadow Warrior goes on sale soon so more of you guys jump on it. Game is so good.

Arthea

That's what I want on Xmas sale:
Castlevania: LoS
Kingdoms of Amalur
Brave New World ~$5 :(
Might & Magic X

some more too, but these are kinda urgent.

Reckoner

15TB and I'm starting to run out of space. Who knew unmetered internet would be so indirectly expensive!

Edit: I really need to replace my 2TB Steam drive with a 3TB or, preferably, a 4TB. Since I don't have any more room left in my Eleven Hundred, the 2TB drive won't have a home, though my brother left his old PC here so if it still works, maybe I'll turn it into a NAS machine.

and I'm rocking my ex-ps3 hitachi 120gb. can't ask for more!

didamangi

Anyone knows how to get steam overlay working on non-steam uplay games? (specifically blacklist)

Adding the game executable just shows that i'm playing the game but the overlay doesn't work.

Adding uplay itself to steam works :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's what I want on Xmas sale:
Castlevania: LoS
Kingdoms of Amalur
Brave New World ~$5 :(
Might & Magic X

some more too, but these are kinda urgent.

I'd certainly recommend snapping up Might & Magic X during its Early Access period (the full release is currently pencilled in for early 2014) as purchasing said version nets you the DDE for free as well as a Steam copy of Might & Magic VI, which, if Rayman 2 is any indication, will never be made available for individual purchase (though it may be endemic to the DDE in general rather than an Early Access bonus).

Arthea

I'd certainly recommend snapping up Might & Magic X during its Early Access period (the full release is currently pencilled in for early 2014) as purchasing said version nets you the DDE for free as well as a Steam copy of Might & Magic VI, which, if Rayman 2 is any indication, will never be made available for individual purchase (though it may be endemic to the DDE in general rather than an Early Access bonus).

you had to tempt me, don't you? (><)
I'll think about it

ekim

I built a new PC and popped in the HDD which was in my laptop before including my complete Steam library. Now when I start Steam I can directly start a few games but the most say they are updating which ends in a complete download of the game although the data is still in the steamapps directory. Some games don't even show up as installed. Any idea if I can fix that - I really don't want to redownload all that stuff :-/

Deques

Salvation Prophecy is released in Steam. It was featured in Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle.

The developers are working in getting Steam keys for those who purchased the groupees bundle.

Sadly for me, Salvation Prophecy wasn't one of the games I bought in that bundle >.<

Also I found out that I have a steam key for Underrail from the same Groupees bundle :p

Dr Dogg

Got to gem them numbers up eh? Saying that I almost preordered Dungeon Siege III just to get the first 2 but eventually the popped up and a damn sight cheaper too. Rayman 2 though will forever be coveted I imagine. Bloody Ubisoft. It's not like they don't have 1-3 on GOG or anything.

JaseC

Got to gem them numbers up eh? Saying that I almost preordered Dungeon Siege III just to get the first 2 but eventually the popped up and a damn sight cheaper too. Rayman 2 though will forever be coveted I imagine. Bloody Ubisoft. It's not like they don't have 1-3 on GOG or anything.

Actually, M&MVI wasn't added to the M&MX sub until after I purchased it. ;) I bought the game upon release because the trailer seemed solid and I wanted to support Ubi's decision to greenlight a sequel within a long-forgotten oldschool RPG franchise* that's respectful of its history.

* Excluding spin-offs. M&MIX released over a decade ago, in 2002.

Salvation Prophecy is released in Steam. It was featured in Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle.

The developers are working in getting Steam keys for those who purchased the groupees bundle.

Sadly for me, Salvation Prophecy wasn't one of the games I bought in that bundle >.<

Also I found out that I have a steam key for Underrail from the same Groupees bundle :p

Ah, I'd forgotten that this was in a bundle (I did buy it, though). Thanks for the heads-up.

Zeknurn

I built a new PC and popped in the HDD which was in my laptop before including my complete Steam library. Now when I start Steam I can directly start a few games but the most say they are updating which ends in a complete download of the game although the data is still in the steamapps directory. Some games don't even show up as installed. Any idea if I can fix that - I really don't want to redownload all that stuff :-/

Check that your library folders are correctly set up and remember to re-opt into any betas that you have been participating in before hitting install game.

ekim

Check that your library folders are correctly set up and remember to re-opt into any betas that you have been participating in before hitting install game.

What do you mean with that? :eek:
The Steam folder on the HDD is like a year old - did the folder structure in Steam change since then?

Does anybody know where i can preorder Ass Creed IV (with Steam Key) for cheaper than in the Steam Store? Green Man has it for cheaper, but it's only with a uplay code i believe.

JaseC

Does anybody know where i can preorder Ass Creed IV (with Steam Key) for cheaper than in the Steam Store? Green Man has it for cheaper, but it's only with a uplay code i believe.

The Steam version is not region-locked so you can buy it through a trader.

Ledsen

10 TB here. Get on my level scrub.

EDIT: Whoops. 11TB actually.

1mpqF46.png

No SSD at all? 1998 called, they want their HDDs back!

Yisssss

Zeknurn

What do you mean with that? :eek:
The Steam folder on the HDD is like a year old - did the folder structure in Steam change since then?

Different Library folders were introduced during the last year but they shouldn't be causing you any problems if you weren't using multiple ones, but it's worth checking since Steam isn't recognising your some installed games.

Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.

JaseC

No SSD at all? 1998 called, they want their HDDs back!

Yisssss

Using an SSD for Windows is a very worthwhile upgrade regardless of how the rest of your system fares -- everything is much, much snappier. I had to briefly go back to using a HDD for Windows and it was torture.

How many SSD drives are needed to match up with 12 TB data?

def sim

As JaseC said, traders are selling it and at a much more tolerable price. I'm seeing $33~ for the deluxe.

Dr Dogg

Most Ubi-games bought in other stores wont come in a steam key

The Steam version is not region-locked so you can buy it through a trader.

I thought all newly released Ubi titles were all UPlay codes and the only way to get a Steam copy was to buy it from Steam? If not I might have hope of getting rid of the inevitable UPlay code I'm going to be lumbered with for Watch_Dogs.

JaseC

I thought all newly released Ubi titles were all UPlay codes and the only way to get a Steam copy was to buy it from Steam? If not I might have hope of getting rid of the inevitable UPlay code I'm going to be lumbered with for Watch_Dogs.

Yeah, that's what I mean -- you can buy the game through someone on Steam who's offering it in exchange for TF2/Dota 2 keys or PayPal bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom