• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I missed this news, but:

Are these weeklong deals going to be standard as a replacement for midweek madness/weekend deals or is this just an experiment with a different format?

We have had weeklong deals for at least a few months, and midweek/weekend deals haven't been affected in any way.

PriitV

Anyone in here getting The Wolf Among Us Day One? Just curious, I hope there's not going to be any saving game problems with the Saves like The Walking Dead did to some people, can't wait to read some impressions from GAFfers.
Preordered the moment the pricing was revealed on Steam, will try to make a one sentence long impressions on release.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Anyone in here getting The Wolf Among Us Day One? Just curious, I hope there's not going to be any saving game problems with the Saves like The Walking Dead did to some people, can't wait to read some impressions from GAFfers.

On a less important note, going to remove all my stitches from my second dentist surgery now, yaaaay ...

This is the game that's based on Fables, right? That series is fantastic so I've got high hopes the source material translates to a great experience in the game. Would be interesting to see if it develops to encompass the wider mythology from the comics.

Nope, Specifically because of the save issue with TWD and how they handled it. After all the episodes are out, and there aren't any horrible bugs, and a steam sale, then maybe.

Turfster

I find it odd that Squeenix didn't bring both over at the same time. I also find it odd that, despite showing up in the registry months ago, Anachronox is poised to be the last of Squeenix's GOG games to be brought over.

You always gotta end on a high note ;)

On a less important note, going to remove all my stitches from my second dentist surgery now, yaaaay ...

The savegame fiasco and the Telltale Games fiasco make me take a wait and see approach.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

God no. Telltale's batting average is crazy low, The Walking Dead was an anomaly. Hell add to the fact that despite selling over 8 million units they couldn't be arsed to patch the save issues...

Yea fuck buying that shit day 1. 75% off assuming it isn't more trash like Jurassic Park.

Xanathus

It would be foolish to buy any Telltale game day 1, their track record is extremely spotty especially with game-breaking bugs on release and there's about a 50% chance you're going to get a Jurassic Park.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
God no. Telltale's batting average is crazy low, The Walking Dead was an anomaly. Hell add to the fact that despite selling over 8 million units they couldn't be arsed to patch the save issues...

Yea fuck buying that shit day 1. 75% off assuming it isn't more trash like Jurassic Park.

Thanks to Family Sharing on Steam I am blessing my friends with the experience that is a TellTale Jurassic Park playthrough.

BiggNife

I really really want to play TWAU, and I'm super tempted to buy it right away, but as others have said Telltale games go on sale so frequently that I wonder if I should just wait.

I will say that I actually think playing TWD's episodes as they came out worked to the game's benefit, since it was such an emotional rollercoaster that it was kinda nice to space it out. I wonder of TWAU will be the same way.

They pay me based on the amount of money my friends would have spent if they had bought games instead of sharing my copy.

I hope it's as sweet as you're pushing it. Got into the Beta, waiting for my brother in Texas to get a minute to get it setup on his end. Supporting the Army with free games, gotta do my part.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hope it's as sweet as you're pushing it. Got into the Beta, waiting for my brother in Texas to get a minute to get it setup on his end. Supporting the Army with free games, gotta do my part.

It's kinda shitty that people with no friends or who are unable to grok the feature signed up for the beta blocking people who are actually going to test it extensively. I'm pretty thirsty for my friends copy of Metro: Last Light, but he didn't get in until around 20k people had joined the group.

*posted while playing my friends copy of Rune Classic, a game I probably would never have purchased anyways*

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Am I allowed to share my games with non family members in other countries or is it just strictly local pcs?

I'm hopping for a global sharing. My long lost Aussie brother JaseC has some games I want to play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Am I allowed to share my games with non family members in other countries or is it just strictly local pcs?

You are, but you'd need to either access their PCs remotely to sign into your account and authorise the devices or give them your log-in info and Steam Guard code so they can do it themselves.

Deques

New Bundle Stars bundle - The Quickfire bundle

Games included
Warframe
GTR Evolution
Dark Sector
Cannon Fodder 3
Septerra Core
SPAZ
1953 KGB
Guardians of Graxia + DLCs
Guardians of Graxia Elves and dwarves + DLCs

All Steam except for Warframe

Grief.exe

Does removing Steam Guard temporarily have any adverse effects? I'm trying to remember what issues it causes.

I'm thinking of changing my password, removing Seam Guard, and then allowing them to activate, then change everything back.

Turfster

Does removing Steam Guard temporarily have any adverse effects? I'm trying to remember what issues it causes.

I'm thinking of changing my password, removing Seam Guard, and then allowing them to activate, then change everything back.

No market for 2(?) weeks, no trades for the same length I think, maybe slightly less.

The_Monk

I'm back fellow GAFfers, thank you for your kind words, as always.

I'm glad there will be also some people waiting for a big discount, or, to have all Episodes available from The Wolf Among Us. Feels good to not be alone while wailing a decent time. Regarding the Save Game issues, as far as I know PC was not the only platform suffering from this problem. While I was playing I had one time that my save was gone but restarting like 3 times and changing some folders for some random reason did the trick. However, when playing 400 Days DLC I'm not sure If I had my old save...

Is their Jurassic Park game that bad? I always wanted to play it since I like the Universe. I also finished on console Back to the Future and The Walking Dead + DLC on Steam.

Regarding that Qucikfire Bundle only Dark Sector interests me and perhaps 1953 KGB Unleashed but I never heard of that one before.

Games included
Warframe
GTR Evolution
Dark Sector
Cannon Fodder 3
Septerra Core
SPAZ
1953 KGB

Anyone knows if Guardians of Graxia is good? There's never too many card battle games. ( Guess it's bad judging by price and metascore )

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Games included
Warframe
GTR Evolution
Dark Sector
Cannon Fodder 3
Septerra Core
SPAZ
1953 KGB

Thanks, I bought the bundle for 1953 KGB (which at first glance I thought was Achtung Panzer 1943 :(). Also worth noting is that the GTR Evolution key activates not only its namesake but also Race 07 and the Formula RaceRoom expansion. Anywho, spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dark Sector -- MB-B7B66B44CB9394F7 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-B099CF5EDF05FA83 - Taken by PandaPedinte
GTR Evolution Plus Race 07 Plus Race 07 Formula RaceRoom -- MB-D9DB88EF2DEB9688 - Taken by blackMamba1187
Cannon Fodder 3 -- MB-DEB8F05FC8237258 - Taken by Spawn
Septerra Core -- MB-ED183CA8F041B58C - Taken by Dimitri2401
Guardians of Graxia Plus Map Pack DLC -- MB-CCFC87870E63ADB5 - Taken by chiym1992

Whoever takes the Guardians of Graxia key can PM me for another piece of DLC.

nexen

Only thing I didn't need from the bundle was SPAZ, so here it is.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-20F005C1DEAFB7F4 - Taken by Purkake4

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for the garbage Jase! I owned this turd on Xbox 360 but haven't played in 5 or 6 years. Can't wait to use my grey-green decapitation disc to kill anonymous grey-black-green russian bad guys while traversing a non-descript grey-green chemical facility. If I remember the last boss had a hyper-precision required projectile steering QTE kill. Oh man, what a duffer!

Thanks, I bought the bundle for 1953 KGB (which at first glance I thought was Achtung Panzer 1943 :(). Also worth noting is that the GTR Evolution key activates not only its namesake but also Race 07 and the Formula RaceRoom expansion. Anywho, spares:

Thank you so much for Guardians, and PM'ed :D

nexen

Thanks for the garbage Jase! I owned this turd on Xbox 360 but haven't played in 5 or 6 years. Can't wait to use my grey-green decapitation disc to kill anonymous grey-black-green russian bad guys while traversing a non-descript grey-green chemical facility.

I liked Dark Sector. Barely.
I managed to finish it on X360, but mostly because of achievements I think.

Thanks a lot for Septerra Core JaseC :)

vermadas

Dark Sector is probably the worst game I've played to completion in recent years. I blame the 1up Show and my childhood nostalgia for the movie Krull.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What the hell is ND Games? Steam says "ND Games" published Dark Sector. First, that's not true, D3 did. Second, ND Games doesn't appear to have a website or Wiki article. Giantbomb has an entry with no information on them. WTF

nexen

Dark Sector is probably the worst game I've played to completion in recent years. I blame the 1up Show and my childhood nostalgia for the movie Krull.

I have this rule: If I manage to play a decent-length game to completion I am not allowed to hate on it. It must have done something right-ish to keep my butt glued in the seat.

That being said I still wouldn't recommend Dark Sector.

What the hell is ND Games? Steam says "ND Games" published Dark Sector. First, that's not true, D3 did. Second, ND Games doesn't appear to have a website or Wiki article. Giantbomb has an entry with no information on them. WTF
Is this them?
http://www.mobygames.com/company/nd-games
looks like it:
http://www.nd.ru/search/index.php?q=dark+sector&s=Find&SHOWALL_1=0

bender

What time is it?

My thoughts exactly. TWD is the outlier in terms of my enjoyment of Telltale's games. I heard Devil's Playhouse was good but I couldn't make it through season one.

Thank you for S.P.A.Z JaseC

Dr Dogg

Thanks for the garbage Jase! I owned this turd on Xbox 360 but haven't played in 5 or 6 years. Can't wait to use my grey-green decapitation disc to kill anonymous grey-black-green russian bad guys while traversing a non-descript grey-green chemical facility. If I remember the last boss had a hyper-precision required projectile steering QTE kill. Oh man, what a duffer!

I bought it day one thinking it would be all my Guyver dreams come true and then some with Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum at least showing that some polish was spent on it.

Nope was a glitchy horrid mess for me.

Still didn't stop me buying it again in a Steam sale from long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom