• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That reminds me, I still need to finish that, after tomb raider...

I was in the middle of SMT4, then I picked up Tomb Raider on sale.
I was in the middle of Tomb Raider, then Bioshock 2 GFWL removal patch was released.
Now I am in the middle of Bioshock 2, will finish this one then go back and finish the other two.

jediyoshi

PAC-MAN DX updated and bundled all the resources (audio files and sprite sheets) into a .DAT file. They were .OGG and .PNG files just sitting in a folder before.

No more PAC-MAN mods...

I'd like to think that that's where most of the effort for the port went.

Haha, just had an epic fight against the 4th boss in Rogue Legacy. Two strikes to split it, enable Super Fire Ring thing with Spellsword dude and boom, less than 2 seconds I win and coins and other stuff are flying everywhere. It was so awesome, how the enemies were falling down to my fire spiral and had nowhere to run

Grief.exe

I feel like not adding trading cards to Bioshock 2 was a missed opportunity on 2K's part. Could have helped generate some revenue to cover the costs of development.

They could also be stuck in approval right now.

Haha, just had an epic fight against the 4th boss in Rogue Legacy. Two strikes to split it, enable Super Fire Ring thing with Spellsword dude and boom, less than 2 seconds I win and coins and other stuff are flying everywhere. It was so awesome, how the enemies were falling down to my fire spiral and had nowhere to run

I read this in an evil voice followed by maniacal laughter

evil-laugh-o.gif

Turfster

Gamefly just added a 75% sale on Devolver Digital games.
Actually, seems only the Serious Sam games are 75% off at the moment, with the others ranging between 25-50% off, unless it's US only.
(Seriously, fuck Gamefly's regioned store shit)

Finished Hard Reset last night. Wow that was a short game with an abrupt ending. Must have been even more bewildering for people who played it before the addition of Exile. I cant even figure out where it should have ended without it.

Still the game was a ton of fun and absolutely beautiful. Very old school Serious Sam type of gameplay. My only mechanical complaint would be the slippery footing. There are some sections of the game where you need to perform some precise jumps and the movement controls are just too slippery for it.

I thought the ORIGINAL dark sector concept was some sort of open world cyberpunk mmo thing

I think there were several iterations. And I said "based on" not the exact same thing :p

https://warframe.com/news/press-release-warframe-announced

“WARFRAME is a new name for an old game,” explained Steve Sinclair, chief creative director at Digital Extremes. “It was a shelved concept we kept coming back to. High-tech machine-gun Ninjas set in a far-future, over-hyphenated, Manga-Dune mash-up. Free-to-play lets us take risks. It allows us to build WARFRAME with our players.”

A few questions about Devolver sale:

Is foul play worth the 60%off ish?

Is Dungeon Hearts worth 1.50? Or should I wait for it in another bundle?

Dr Dogg

just download a zip file of the event CGs and save your $16

maybe milamber can send them to you (i saw that boob mousepad)

Is it really that bad? Seen it pop up on sale for PS3 and put it off a few times. When I saw it get Greenlit I was tempted one Steam sale in the not to distant future.

r3n4ud

A few questions about Devolver sale:

Is foul play worth the 60%off ish?

Is Dungeon Hearts worth 1.50? Or should I wait for it in another bundle?
It plays similar to Castle Crashers. So if you like that sort of gameplay, then yes, pick it up. Personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit but it does get repetitious. However, the crowd cheering/booing is rather neat and the theatre concept is cute.

It plays similar to Castle Crashers. So if you like that sort of gameplay, then yes, pick it up. Personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit but it does get repetitious. However, the crowd cheering/booing is rather neat and the theatre concept is cute.

I mainly play single player as I lack the friends or coordination to coop so castle crashers was kind of repetitive for me. I will probably wait for the winter sale.

Dr Dogg

New Strider shots and video is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcFt-CxlX8

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/strider_nycc_down_strike_02.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/strider_nycc_heavy_trooper_02.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/strider_nycc_plazma_catapult_01.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/strider_nycc_solo_02.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/08/strider-screenshots-and-video-released-ahead-of-nycc-2013-showing/[/url][/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about this, cheers. Even for YouTube footage it looks crisp. It's like being 10 all over again.

mrgone

PAC-MAN DX updated and bundled all the resources (audio files and sprite sheets) into a .DAT file. They were .OGG and .PNG files just sitting in a folder before.

No more PAC-MAN mods...

Damnit! I'd been meaning to pull that stuff out of the folder. :(

dani_dc

XCOM Collection (XCOM Enemy Unknown + 2 DLC, XCOM UFO Defense, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: Enforcer, and X-COM: Apocalypse) is on sale at Amazon for $10.00

http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Collection-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ECHYTKY

This is an amazing deal. I wish I hadn't bought XCOM EU and DLC during the 2K Steam sale...

It's a pretty nice deal, especially for someone that doesn't has all games.
Unfortunately it's just 1 key, so while still a great deal, if you happen own any of the older X-COM it's a less tempting deal.

I was in the middle of Tomb Raider, then Bioshock 2 GFWL removal patch was released.
Now I am in the middle of Bioshock 2, will finish this one then go back and finish the other two.
As an European, I have to say that I rather dislike you for having SMT4 and stopping mid-way.

I thought that Strider wasn't coming to PC for some reason. Don't know how to feel about the Metroidvania approach for Strider specifically but I'm looking forward to it.

Anteater

Yea probably bad idea to install all these games because I have space >_>

I kind of want to play bioshock 2 on pc too...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Is it really that bad? Seen it pop up on sale for PS3 and put it off a few times. When I saw it get Greenlit I was tempted one Steam sale in the not to distant future.
...It's probably not as bad as Time and Eternity?

Idea Factory is known for creating otome games (which I hear are actually okay) ...and games that have a bunch of complicated-looking systems that create the illusion of depth but end up boiling down to one or two incredibly simplistic tactics that you repeat over and over again. I'll admit it; I haven't played it myself, but here's a testimonial from someone who has:

It's really really not much of an SRPG tbh so you're not missing much, if you're expecting something like FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre you'll be disappointed. If you're happy with fighting the same enemies on a nice flat grid over and over and having to bum rush bosses with all your characters simultaneously to have a hope of winning you might get something out of it. I'm all for more jrpgs on PC but imo, it's low to mid rung stuff at best.

...hence my advice to just download the t&a and skip the tedium of having to play the game to see it, particularly for sixteen us dollars

Grief.exe

As an European, I have to say that I rather dislike you for having SMT4 and stopping mid-way.

Region Locking is utter bullshit.

I'm still working my way through it, just in small bursts on the train.

I thought that Strider wasn't coming to PC for some reason. Don't know how to feel about the Metroidvania approach for Strider specifically but I'm looking forward to it.

It is coming to Steam! Unless something has changed.

The original version and achievements were leaked through the Steam Database.

Yea probably bad idea to install all these games because I have space >_>

I kind of want to play bioshock 2 on pc too...

If you do, join us here.

Kind of a LTTP thread, and I've added tons of information to the OP on optimizing the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690065

It is coming to Steam! Unless something has changed.

The original version and achievements were leaked through the Steam Database.

Yeah, the trailer has the Steam logo at the end. But I remembered it being originally only announced for consoles. I think the news site I read it might have forgotten about the PC version for some reason.

Anyway, the trailer looks pretty cool. Need more environments that look like the original though. They sadly toned down the Russian backdrop :/

Grief.exe

Yeah, the trailer has the Steam logo at the end. But I remembered it being originally only announced for consoles. I think the news site I read it might have forgotten about the PC version for some reason.

I hate when they do that. Really pisses me off when I'm watching something like Rev3Games and they have no idea that the platform even exists.

You figured it out, but I already cut and uploaded this. Posting for posterity.

O2j9Jmc.png

Gvaz

Banned
I'm buying it because:

1. srpg
2. steam
3. more rpgs on the pc please god fucking damnit. Where is lost odyssey and blue dragon and FF13-3 and Tales of Graces F and shit on the pc where it belongs? Jesus christ i will choke a bitch
4. i liked what little i played on the ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom