• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dark Sector -- MB-77BF80FD21DBB852 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
GTR Evolution -- MB-E350D7DD0B694956 - Taken by Mengy
Guardians of Graxia -- MB-25DC37C6F2388D6E - Taken by Cth
Cannon Fodder 3 -- MB-2FB7C5BE0EB618EE - Taken by didamangi
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-F7E6C3D781924A2F - Taken by patochaos

Winner for Guardians of Graxia will get a PM with the other DLC key

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the garbage Jase! I owned this turd on Xbox 360 but haven't played in 5 or 6 years. Can't wait to use my grey-green decapitation disc to kill anonymous grey-black-green russian bad guys while traversing a non-descript grey-green chemical facility. If I remember the last boss had a hyper-precision required projectile steering QTE kill. Oh man, what a duffer!

Happy to help. ;) Dark Sector had the special honour of being the first RC'd game* I ever imported; all I can recall is being surprised when I learned that it wasn't built using UE3.

* The game was later re-released and slapped with an MA15+ rating, but despite this it's not on Steam AU.

Thanks a lot for Septerra Core JaseC :)
Thank you for S.P.A.Z JaseC

No worries. :)

Tenrius

What the hell is ND Games? Steam says "ND Games" published Dark Sector. First, that's not true, D3 did. Second, ND Games doesn't appear to have a website or Wiki article. Giantbomb has an entry with no information on them. WTF

I have this rule: If I manage to play a decent-length game to completion I am not allowed to hate on it. It must have done something right-ish to keep my butt glued in the seat.

That being said I still wouldn't recommend Dark Sector.

Is this them?
http://www.mobygames.com/company/nd-games
looks like it:
http://www.nd.ru/search/index.php?q=dark+sector&s=Find&SHOWALL_1=0

That's probably it. A big Russian publisher, best known as the official Nintendo distributor in Russia until recently; the guys responsible for selling Wii for $300-400 in Russia.

Tenrius

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Guardians of Graxia Plus Map Pack DLC -- MB-670E82C1F089EC53 - Taken by The Super Bob
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-70872B47ED6AFBBB - Taken by chiym1992

A Septerra Core raffle coming soon. Please look forward to it!

Aitor

have fun

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-1AAD7581D518AC22 - Taken by AsylumX

nexen

Way too much repetitive mazey bullshit, humor level nowhere near the first 2 (3, if I'm charitable) games.

No doubt, they weren't as good as the original 3. Those were some of the best adventure games of all time though, so I can't really fault them for that. Still had a lot of fun with them.

I don't remember the mazey bits, but it's been a long time since I played.

Thanks for SPAZ, nexen!
yw. Hope you enjoy it!

JaseC

What the hell is ND Games? Steam says "ND Games" published Dark Sector. First, that's not true, D3 did. Second, ND Games doesn't appear to have a website or Wiki article. Giantbomb has an entry with no information on them. WTF

A Russian software distributor. Why it has distribution rights to Dark Sector on Steam is a mystery to me.

Edit: Ah, beaten by a ninja-edit. ;)

Speaking of Bundlestars, Pirates of Black Cove gold was added to the Blaze of Glory bundle.

Separate app, too, just like East Indie Company Gold and Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold. Thank you based Paradox!

I'm still amused that Daikatana is published by itself. Thought it might've been an error in entry at first but not being fixed by now I'm inclined to believe that Square-Enix doesn't want that associated with its catalog in searches.

kafiend

Just taking out my irritation that I bought Septerra Core just last week by giving some keys away.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator -- MB-BFE3184863513B0B - Taken by Turfster
GTR Evolution -- MB-F276F4694C3144A4 - Taken by DeadlyVirus
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-2B80784FCF8F213E - Taken by Tyreny

SPAZ is awesome BTW. That is all.

Storm360

- So close but so far away, also, 13 games off breaking 1000

Heres yet another (most likely not needed) SPAZ code

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Space Pirate Vs Zombies -- MB-3CCEE8222D265477 - Taken by Shalashaska

JaseC

[Pirates of the Black Cove Gold has a separate app], too, just like East Indie Company Gold and Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold. Thank you based Paradox!

Something just dawned on me: since these games don't have Steam store pages, they're not included in the Steam Master sub, so even Valve employees don't own them by default:

jeepbarnettegsrb.jpg

mespseu.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I thought that Tales of Monkey Island was fantastic, personally.
Jokes and voice-acting were good, but I really disliked what they did with the story. And episode 2 was a drag.

That's incorrect when it comes to the PC version. It was ported and published by ND (Aspyr published it in North America).

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2009/03/12/aspyr-to-publish-dark-sector

AUSTIN, TEXAS – March 12, 2009 – Aspyr Media has partnered with leading Russian publisher and distributor Noviy Disk to become the publisher of Dark Sector for PC in North America. Dark Sector for PC will land on store shelves on March 23 with improved graphics and a streamlined interface that allows for easy mouse and keyboard control.

[...]

Originally created by acclaimed developer Digital Extremes, co-creators behind Epic Game's award-winning Unreal franchise, Dark Sector was released last year on next-gen consoles by D3Publisher. Dark Sector has been optimized for the PC by Noviy Disk. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.99.

Tenrius

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator -- MB-9D7EBD06D35A1817 - Taken by Eanan. 4 entrants total.

t1381229098z1.png

Western made JRPGs represent.

Grief.exe

I was watching the Dark Sector trailer to see what it was about and I noticed the suit he puts on looks exactly like a Warframe from the titular F2P title.

I looked it up, and Digital Extremes developed Dark Sector as well. An interesting anecdote I thought I would share.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Thanks CheesecakeRecipe for Guardians of Graxia! Looks interesting!

Yeah it does. I entered for GTR instead because I love RACE07, but I've never heard of Graxia before. It has a horrible user rating, yet it looks like a game I'd like to try. I may pick it up at the next sale just to try it out.

I was watching the Dark Sector trailer to see what it was about and I noticed the suit he puts on looks exactly like a Warframe from the titular F2P title.

I looked it up, and Digital Extremes developed Dark Sector as well. An interesting anecdote I thought I would share.

That's because Warframe is based on the original Dark Sector concept. :p

Cth

Yeah it does. I entered for GTR instead because I love RACE07, but I've never heard of Graxia before. It has a horrible user rating, yet it looks like a game I'd like to try. I may pick it up at the next sale just to try it out.

Reminds me of Culdcept Saga in a way, maybe some Battle Chess mixed in?

justjim89

Anybody else's playtime counter jump up for every game? It's really odd and rather bothersome. I enjoy my playtime counter and it being dramatically higher is irritating.

Echoplx

Anybody else's playtime counter jump up for every game? It's really odd and rather bothersome. I enjoy my playtime counter and it being dramatically higher is irritating.

Mine jumps up sometimes but seems to return to normal after restarting the client, really strange.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
PAC-MAN DX updated and bundled all the resources (audio files and sprite sheets) into a .DAT file. They were .OGG and .PNG files just sitting in a folder before.

No more PAC-MAN mods...

Turfster

Daily: Omerta 75% off
Midweek: Ace of Spades: Battle Builder 66% off
Weird that there's only one midweek...

Cook Serve Delicious will be unlocked in 1 hour.

PAC-MAN DX updated and bundled all the resources (audio files and sprite sheets) into a .DAT file. They were .OGG and .PNG files just sitting in a folder before.

No more PAC-MAN mods...

Meh. Unless they checksum the files, that's no protection from modding.

Dr Dogg

I've only had it with DC Online. Someone a fair few threads back was saying there's was registering minutes as hours. That or they were lying about how much they were playing questionable stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom