• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how metroidvania it actually is. Devs have tricked me into buying games with that line in the past.

Well they showed this off when the game was initially unveiled...

BPff5UsCQAM0Zs_.jpg:large

Vecks

Anybody else's playtime counter jump up for every game? It's really odd and rather bothersome. I enjoy my playtime counter and it being dramatically higher is irritating.

On occasion I get one or two games that it happens to. Not sure what the deal is.

Tellaerin

Anybody else's playtime counter jump up for every game? It's really odd and rather bothersome. I enjoy my playtime counter and it being dramatically higher is irritating.

Can't say that they did. On the other hand, all the playtimes that had vanished from my games a few days back spontaneously reappeared when I logged on a few minutes ago.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm only 3.4 hours into Rune Classic, but I feel like I have played so much longer. Unreal 1 made me feel the same way though.

At least Rune has some dope platforming.

I'm only 3.4 hours into Rune Classic, but I feel like I have played so much longer. Unreal 1 made me feel the same way though.

At least Rune has some dope platforming.

Rune is recreating the true viking experience where each step is part of a longer journey and you're going to experience all of that journey because it's not like you have a car or something to get around, nope it's just feet. Have fun walking through that epic cave/city/cave-city/dungeon and experiencing in full, lengthy effect what hurried poets had to cram into a couple stanzas before moving onto the next thing because the village chief was starting to yawn at the campfire and yawns = beheading.
Unreal aged like a giant turd
I have fond memories of the early scripted sequence in Unreal where the lights start going out and then you get attacked by the thing on the box cover. I don't have many memories of the game after that because I was sleeping.

Tellaerin

Unreal aged like a giant turd. It was always smelly to begin with but it has smelled more and worse with time. The level design is trash compared to Quake 1.

Bleh. Unreal 1 has fantastic atmosphere. It really nailed the sense of being stranded, alone, on an alien world. Still funny to me how people go on and on about Metroid Prime selling that sense of isolation and telling a story through scanning and log entries, when U1 did it first and better, IMO. And with a far better soundtrack, to boot. I still go back do a runthrough whenever I start feeling nostalgic enough, which is about once a year these days.

gabbo

I have fond memories of the early scripted sequence in Unreal where the lights start going out and then you get attacked by the thing on the box cover. I don't have many memories of the game after that because I was sleeping.

The Skaarj ambush sequence still amazing today, let alone later levels, like the Titan arena battle.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ass creed III is hella tempting but im waiting for the watch_dogs pre-order to go up..

Assassin's Creed IV is coming out soon and that usually means the older games get their prices slashed.

Also, it's October son. Massive Steam Sales incoming. I'd wait.

Knurek

Arghh, Divinity II has such small fonts, it's a total pain in the eyes. Seriously, see for yourself:
Googling for potential fixes doesn't give any results, other than pissed off customers being ignored on the developer's forums.
Such a pity, I mean, it's not like the game doesn't have enough screen space to triple the font size.

Tak3n

Banned
Mousecraft dev is giving free steam keys on PWYW for 1 day only

Hey guys, developers of MouseCraft here... Because of the on-going NotOnSteamSale and the fact that MouseCraft has been Greenlit, we are offering MouseCraft for how much you feel it is worth.

Bare in mind that everyone who will get the game now can shape its development by allocating their contribution into particular game features. Just set these sliders the way you like.

The game will soon receive an update, called a "Co-creation Update" which will be published through our website and on Steam Early Access program. The update will include some of the features that were funded through our Give-What-You-Feel model and have been described in our last blog post.

Hope you'll like the game and see you on Steam!

Tellaerin

lol this is probably the only thread were people aren't immediately dismissing the new Strider.

I love the Strider IP - I have fond memories of Strider in the arcades, the NES and Genesis versions (I kind of miss the days of "arcade-inspired" versions of games like Strider for NES - sometimes you'd get some awesome games out of that), Strider 2 (a little easy, but still hella fun)... It'd be hard for them to screw this up so badly that I couldn't have fun playing it, and the video footage looked promising. Just give me Raid! (the Strider 1st stage theme) at some point and you're golden.

Tellaerin

You should play it right now and see if you can honestly tell me that the shooting in that game is any good. Enemies in that game react about as much as a sack of potatoes, it's really drab.

I still go back do a runthrough whenever I start feeling nostalgic enough, which is about once a year these days.

Went through it again back in July, and enjoyed it as much as ever. The enemies are bright enough to react to the player, rather than just being Serious Sam-style suicide commandos, but it's also not a game where you're expected to spend half your time hiding behind a box waiting for your health bar to regenerate while some bullet sponges crawl up on your flanks. For the type of game this is, I feel the AI that's there works.

Now, if you want a game that's aged poorly, play Unreal 2. I tried replaying that a couple of months back and abandoned it halfway through. Just can't bring myself to pick it up again.

Awesome that Cook, Serve, Delicious is out ! Now with Steam achievements and Trading Cards too ^_^ I have the game on Desura (don't even remember when I got it), but I can't seem to get the steam key even from within the Desura client. I will have to sort it out.

Grief.exe

The LTTP Dark Souls’ Adventure of Copons - Thank y'all minisode

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184537749

I feel like Aaron Paul on The Price Is Right (well, the beginning of course :D ).

Dark Souls has a crazy amount of lore depth as well.

Where Havel is currently located, the state he is in, who put him in that location, notes you find on his armor, the location your find his armor, and the faction he is in all have immediate impact on the store, and far-reaching consequences on the past.

Dark Souls is so cool.

Dec

Arghh, Divinity II has such small fonts, it's a total pain in the eyes. Seriously, see for yourself:

Googling for potential fixes doesn't give any results, other than pissed off customers being ignored on the developer's forums.
Such a pity, I mean, it's not like the game doesn't have enough screen space to triple the font size.

Are you using a controller on a TV or something? Looks fine to me, the size of the image is the only thing making it hard to read.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mousecraft dev is giving free steam keys on PWYW for 1 day only

Bought it for 2 dollars because they complained that 1 dollar would only be enough to pay the fees for the transactions.

i don't even know what game this is, all I can remember is that I said it looked fine when I saw it on notonsteamsales.com or whatever is the site called.

What am I even doing?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Here we go!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious!, -- MB-2B39F71F7985A2F1 - Taken by toddhunter

Went through it again back in July, and enjoyed it as much as ever. The enemies are bright enough to react to the player, rather than just being Serious Sam-style suicide commandos, but it's also not a game where you're expected to spend half your time hiding behind a box waiting for your health bar to regenerate while some bullet sponges crawl up on your flanks. For the type of game this is, I feel the AI that's there works.

Now, if you want a game that's aged poorly, play Unreal 2. I tried replaying that a couple of months back and abandoned it halfway through. Just can't bring myself to pick it up again.
I think my issue is that the enemies aren't very animated in general so it feels like I'm fighting alien plankers. Granted my first swing at Unreal in earnest was just a few months back, prior to that all I personally experienced of the game was an attract reel at a local computer store all that time ago. I'll play through it in full eventually, but the early combat really put me off for the time being.

I'll probably play Unreal 2 eventually, got them all as part of the Unreal Deal so might as well. The only positive things I've heard about the game were in regards to its multiplayer.

The first level or so of Unreal 2 is really good. Just play that and bail out.

Oh god I won CSD :) Thanks Chubigans but I feel guilty now.

Cth

Wow, nice giveaway for an excellent game!

It's made by a GAFfer as well, isn't it?

Played it on the iPad, think I prefer that interface but haven't tried the kb version.

Tellaerin

I think my issue is that the enemies aren't very animated in general so it feels like I'm fighting alien plankers. Granted my first swing at Unreal in earnest was just a few months back, prior to that all I personally experienced of the game was an attract reel at a local computer store all that time ago. I'll play through it in full eventually, but the early combat really put me off for the time being.

I'll probably play Unreal 2 eventually, got them all as part of the Unreal Deal so might as well. The only positive things I've heard about the game were in regards to its multiplayer.

Yeah, XMP (U2 multiplayer) is actually pretty damn good, though I have no idea how active the community is nowadays. XMP was eventually ported to UT2k4 (the UTXMP mod), which is probably the superior option.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Sorry, I didn't put RAFFLE on that last one. :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious!, -- MB-788F64A58736884C - Taken by bronson. 83 entrants total.

t1381255108z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom