• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying it because:

1. srpg
2. steam
3. more rpgs on the pc please god fucking damnit. Where is lost odyssey and blue dragon and FF13-3 and Tales of Graces F and shit on the pc where it belongs? Jesus christ i will choke a bitch
4. i liked what little i played on the ps3

Are you... talking about Agarest?

Wow. So the Steam logo is already replacing the "PC" logo (and GFWL, but who seriously thought that would stick)

It's been like this for a while.

ACIII on sale for $12. I have 8GB RAM, 2600K, and a 4GB 770 that I recently purchased. I hear horror stories about the performance of this game. How does it perform today after patching etc

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm buying it because:

1. srpg
2. steam
3. more rpgs on the pc please god fucking damnit. Where is lost odyssey and blue dragon and FF13-3 and Tales of Graces F and shit on the pc where it belongs? Jesus christ i will choke a bitch

.... "it" being what exactly?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really want Cook Serve Delicious: It's a game made by a GAFfer, he pretty much lost any hope that the game would come out on Steam, GiantBomb praised the game back when it was released.

However, it's an indie game in a market that those go 5 for 1 dollar (literally), I already have almost 900 games, I'm not going to play it anytime soon and, on top of that, it's a memorization game that I'm not sure I'll enjoy it that much.

I think I'll have to wait for a bigger than 10% sale.. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ACIII on sale for $12. I have 8GB RAM, 2600K, and a 4GB 770 that I recently purchased. I hear horror stories about the performance of this game. How does it perform today after patching etc

A little better but still far from great. I have a 2600K @ 4.6GHz, 2 overclocked 2GB 670s and 8GB DDR3-1600 yet when playing through the DLC there were still moments, particularly in the Frontier and in the busier areas of cities, where the game dipped below 30fps because reasons.

I'm buying it because:

1. srpg
2. steam
Outside of the playing on PS3 part, this was pretty much my thought process and I regret buying this thing for any amount of money. Don't make the same mistake; the game is awful.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
A little better but still far from great. I have a 2600K @ 4.6GHz, 2 overclocked 2GB 670s and 8GB DDR3-1600 yet when playing through the DLC there were still moments, particularly in the Frontier and in the busier areas of cities, where the game dipped below 30fps because reasons.

Maybe I should do that... Any special instructions?

A little better but still far from great. I have a 2600K @ 4.6GHz, 2 overclocked 2GB 670s and 8GB DDR3-1600 yet when playing through the DLC there were still moments, particularly in the Frontier and in the busier areas of cities, where the game dipped below 30fps because Ubisoft

It's more accurate now.

JaseC

Maybe I should do that... Any special instructions?

I don't have any words of wisdom to offer beyond the obvious recommendation of high-end cooling (I myself use a Noctua NH-D14) as, sadly, and for no apparent reason, I could not get any of my own attempts at overclocking to take and eventually just used ASRock's 4.6GHz preset (which worked just fine despite one of my own attempts using the very same settings). Well, I suppose there's some advice there -- work your way up the presets if you find the manual approach daunting... and if you have any to choose from.

Edit: Here's the overclocking guide I read through as I was planning my upgrade (I hadn't overclocked a processor since the Core2Duo E6420 in 2007). I wouldn't bother adjusting your RAM speeds/timings as the performance benefit this provides is something you'd only notice in benchmarking software rather than any real-world scenarios.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm buying it because:

1) All glory to righteous Nippon.
2) My digital camera broke.
3) It's too cold outside to take pictures at the playground.

Tellaerin

New Strider shots and video is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcFt-CxlX8

strider_nycc_down_strike_02.jpg

strider_nycc_heavy_trooper_02.jpg

strider_nycc_plazma_catapult_01.jpg

strider_nycc_solo_02.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/08/strider-screenshots-and-video-released-ahead-of-nycc-2013-showing/

There's one very important thing conspicuously missing from that video footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85KPBONLHFo

^ That damn well better be in there.

Grief.exe

Wow. So the Steam logo is already replacing the "PC" logo (and GFWL, but who seriously thought that would stick)

It seems to be used consistently for games with Steamworks implementation.

Dark Souls II, Arkham Origins, Strider, etc have all used it.

Dark Souls II usage is only on their website.

Thanks bro. Hopefully this fixes my CTD when I bring the first big daddy down to zero health, every damn time it CTD.

If you are playing jump on in and post your impressions and screenshots!

I'm buying it because:

1) All glory to righteous Nippon.
2) My digital camera broke.
3) It's too cold outside to take pictures at the playground.

Future owner of a blue square placed on your residence.

Grief.exe

Intel on GTAV exclusivity

“At least with Grand Theft Auto I don’t think it’ll be console exclusive very long. But that’s what happens when you have a brand new launch with two companies that have lots of money trying to make sure they have content.”

Silva has his opinions as to why we haven’t heard hide nor hair about the PC version of this huge franchise. “Somebody paid a lot of money to make sure that title was exclusive,” he suggested.

But the PC gaming market is pretty big too and Rockstar would be crazy not to want to cash in on the money being spent on our platform.

“The PC gaming ecosystem just continues to grow,” said Silva. “If you look at the amount of revenue that is generated by PC gaming it’s in the tens of billions of dollars each year. It’s incredibly diverse and rich and that’s it’s greatest strength.”

So yeah, what about all those reports of the declining numbers of PCs being shipped year-on-year? Businesses may be buying fewer boxes, but PC gamers are still spending on individual components and software. The PC’s in great shape, and will surely support the best version of GTA 5 of any platform, whether current or next-gen. It’s just a question of patience.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/i...think-it-will-be-console-exclusive-very-long/

deejay

Some free keys, too lazy to make a Modbot post:

Dark Sector | Steam Key: AV0AQ-BGKV0-LGI96
Space Pirates and Zombies | Steam Key: RK0M6-T6NW0-7XMKL
Guardians of Graxia + Map Pack DLC | Steam Key: RTFB3-LQJII-WKWMM
Guardians of Graxia: Elves & Dwarves DLC | Steam Key: GKP07-6NAW8-GA0F2

Eanan

Some free keys, too lazy to make a Modbot post:

Dark Sector | Steam Key: AV0AQ-BGKV0-LGI96
Space Pirates and Zombies | Steam Key: RK0M6-T6NW0-7XMKL
Guardians of Graxia + Map Pack DLC | Steam Key: RTFB3-LQJII-WKWMM
Guardians of Graxia: Elves & Dwarves DLC | Steam Key: GKP07-6NAW8-GA0F2

All lurked, unsurprisingly.

catabarez

I don't have any words of wisdom to offer beyond the obvious recommendation of high-end cooling (I myself use a Noctua NH-D14) as, sadly, and for no apparent reason, I could not get any of my own attempts at overclocking to take and eventually just used ASRock's 4.6GHz preset (which worked just fine despite one of my own attempts using the very same settings). Well, I suppose there's some advice there -- work your way up the presets if you find the manual approach daunting... and if you have any to choose from.

Edit: Here's the overclocking guide I read through as I was planning my upgrade (I hadn't overclocked a processor since the Core2Duo E6420 in 2007). I wouldn't bother adjusting your RAM speeds/timings as the performance benefit this provides is something you'd only notice in benchmarking software rather than any real-world scenarios.

You crazy.

Tellaerin

Is Dark Sector really that dire? : / Aside from that and Warframe, most of the stuff in that BundleStars bundle I either already have (S.P.A.Z. and Septerra Core, both of which I think are worth playing) or I'm not that interested in. Vaguely curious about Cannon Fodder 3, but I'm kind of 'eh' on the others.

So, I've been thinking. In the SteamOS annoucement Valve said we should stay tuned for all the AAA game announcements for 2014 (which might mean new releases or ports of recent games). Realistically which major devs/pubs can we expect to port to Linux?

And what about Japanese? They've been slowly embracing PC gaming and Steam.

Storm360

So, I've been thinking. In the SteamOS annoucement Valve said we should stay tuned for all the AAA game announcements for 2014 (which might mean new releases or ports of recent games). Realistically which major devs/pubs can we expect to port to Linux?

SEGA apparently like the controller, so I'd count on FM, Total War and maybe Sonic ports

Infact, just checked, Football Manger 14 already supports Linux

Dark Souls 2 for SteamOS would be neat. I'd install the OS just for that game.

RACING CARS!!!!!!!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

F1 2012 -- MB-6070F051C81C95AA - Taken by Kabouter

JaseC

You crazy.

I would've gone with something a little less taller had I known that fans installed into the side of the Eleven Hundred encroach a tiny bit into the NH-D14's space (a few of the top-most fins are bent as a result). On a related note, I decided long ago that I'm going to go the water cooling route with my next upgrade simply due to the decrease in case clutter such a setup would offer -- no more awkwardly manoeuvring around a monstrous HSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom